twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Maulbert":3n2f2c35 said:
twisted_steel2":3n2f2c35 said:
KK84":3n2f2c35 said:
Well then.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/status/969286210232369152[/tweet]

Amazing. Well NHL, are you satisfied??

The NHL never didn't want to be here. Otherwise they wouldn't have re-opened expansion talks for Seattle only. The problem was the idiot city council that refused to work with Chris Hansen because they wanted to own the arena, and the complete inability of any potential ownership groups to find their butts with both hands.

I know, I'm just being snarky. I should have added a.... ;)

The NHL has wanted to be here for decades.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
seaky12":1dz32i6r said:
Considering the overwhelming interest for season tickets, I'm curious as to how many single game tickets will be reserved for the general public. I read on Reddit that Vegas had capped season tickets at 16k and reserved 1,500 for single game purchase, but I don't know how legit that is. I wouldn't think they would fill every seat with a season ticket holder, but who knows?

All I know, that in Vancouver it's just about impossible to get a ticket.

The arena is only going to hold 17500? Isn't that quite small? I was thinking modern arena's were upwards around 24k or so... damn.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maulbert":xghnzyb9 said:
The NHL never didn't want to be here. Otherwise they wouldn't have re-opened expansion talks for Seattle only. The problem was the idiot city council that refused to work with Chris Hansen because they wanted to own the arena, and the complete inability of any potential ownership groups to find their butts with both hands.

Bonderman had a handshake deal with the NHL the day after the Sonics left.......but then the 2008 recession hit and all hell broke loose both politically and financially for everyone involved.

And the council didn't want to own the arena, they just wanted someone to fix THEIR arena. That's why Hansen got stonewalled.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Bobblehead":oz3jypgl said:
seaky12":oz3jypgl said:
Considering the overwhelming interest for season tickets, I'm curious as to how many single game tickets will be reserved for the general public. I read on Reddit that Vegas had capped season tickets at 16k and reserved 1,500 for single game purchase, but I don't know how legit that is. I wouldn't think they would fill every seat with a season ticket holder, but who knows?

The arena is only going to hold 17500? Isn't that quite small? I was thinking modern arena's were upwards around 24k or so... damn.

You can thank the &%$#ing Seattle City Council for that.

KK84

Reaction score
Maulbert":2qxsa065 said:
Bobblehead":2qxsa065 said:
seaky12":2qxsa065 said:

Actually hockey arenas are mostly in the 17-20k range. The Key will be about average in the league. The biggest hockey arena in the league is in Montreal, and that only sits 21k. Winnipeg only seats around 15k. As many things there are that you can blame the city council for, this isn't one of them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maulbert":q3otomug said:
Bobblehead":q3otomug said:
seaky12":q3otomug said:

17,500 is in the middle somewhere for both NBA and NHL arenas, and none are bigger than 20k.

So no, it's not cause the council is stupid, well they are stupid, but for other reasons. It's because both leagues told Bonderman and the city 17,500k is the optimal capacity for their sports.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vqajpsj said:
Maulbert":1vqajpsj said:
Bobblehead":1vqajpsj said:
seaky12":1vqajpsj said:

17,500 is in the middle somewhere for both NBA and NHL arenas, and none are bigger than 20k.

So no, it's not cause the council is stupid, well they are stupid, but for other reasons. It's because both leagues told Bonderman and the city 17,500k is the optimal capacity for their sports.

What I meant was that if Hansen had built his arena, it probably would have been higher capacity than the 50 year old boondoggle the City Council won't let go of that was one of the smallest in the NBA 10 years ago.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maulbert":ujlemk05 said:
Sgt. Largent":ujlemk05 said:
Maulbert":ujlemk05 said:
Bobblehead":ujlemk05 said:

What I meant was that if Hansen had built his arena, it probably would have been higher capacity than the 50 year old boondoggle the City Council won't let go of that was one of the smallest in the NBA 10 years ago.

I think Hansen's arena renderings had the SoDo arena at around 19-20k?

Idk, why are we crapping on what's going on today for again? Who cares what the capacity is?

Get excited man, we're bout to get freakin' NHL hockey.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Just an observation from my wife that I missed.... They sold the required 10,000 season tickets in 12 minutes... What the hell is it with that number in this town?? :lol:

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Also heard a great name suggestion from some guy on Kiro... The Seattle Sockeye's. I think that's pretty good. Starts with an "S" to go with Seattle, is a Northwest salmon, and "Sockeye" speaks to Hockey itself... I would approve of this name.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":v5yex07d said:
Maulbert":v5yex07d said:
Sgt. Largent":v5yex07d said:
Maulbert":v5yex07d said:

I think Hansen's arena renderings had the SoDo arena at around 19-20k?

Idk, why are we crapping on what's going on today for again? Who cares what the capacity is?

Get excited man, we're bout to get freakin' NHL hockey.
Absolutely agree! This is a GREAT DAY for the Seattle sportsfan!
I heard the NHL commish was blown away by the outstanding season ticket drive today!

chris98251

Reaction score
BlueThunder":23y43vtw said:
Also heard a great name suggestion from some guy on Kiro... The Seattle Sockeye's. I think that's pretty good. Starts with an "S" to go with Seattle, is a Northwest salmon, and "Sockeye" speaks to Hockey itself... I would approve of this name.

We see enough damn fish every time a sports media event happens here, Pike place market, Sockeye Salmon, born in a river swim out to sea eat like hell, swim back up the river, either lay eggs or squirt sperm on them, Fight like hell if you get one on line though.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind "Sockeyes". Still prefer Metropolitans. Really really want the original uniforms to stay. "Don't fix what isn't broke".

Maulbert

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1lz3nmqe said:

I've been for that name for ages. I posted a uni mockup I found online a few pages back in this thread.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9npdi1yb said:
seaky12":9npdi1yb said:

I think it'd go the same as Vegas, every sports franchise holds a small amount of single game seats whether the season tix are maxxed out or not.

Seahawks do it, it's just good fan relations.

Indeed it is. I expected a high turnout for season tickets but it was way way more than I anticipated. I'm extremely happy that it went as well as it did.

That said, it's going to be extremely hard to nab one of the single game tickets, considering the interest. I dread seeing the secondary market value but what can ya do?

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Maulbert":3uwkq9vz said:
BlueThunder":3uwkq9vz said:

I've been for that name for ages. I posted a uni mockup I found online a few pages back in this thread.

Fish names tend to catch a lot of flack but truth be told, I do like the Sockeyes. Not my first choice, but definitely top 4-5 for me.

When we had an indoor football team in my area, there was another team a few counties over that went by the Northern Kentucky River Monsters. I loved the uniqueness of the name and uniforms.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":csolrw4k said:
BlueThunder":csolrw4k said:

We see enough damn fish every time a sports media event happens here, Pike place market, Sockeye Salmon, born in a river swim out to sea eat like hell, swim back up the river, either lay eggs or squirt sperm on them, Fight like hell if you get one on line though.
I agree..BUT if we are named after a fish it should be the King Salmon..
I miss seeing those ..People around here think a 5lb Bass is elite but they
have never seen saltwater fish to know any better.

Boycie

Reaction score
kobebryant":3rawn47t said:
tacomahawk":3rawn47t said:
I am plunking the dough for two seats, I won’t be able to make anywhere near all of the games, so I am hoping to offset some of the ticket cost by selling them. I may break even, I may get hosed, who knows. I do know that there is nothing in my mind that compares to seeing an NHL game live. The speed, and athleticism is amazing. It might be a one and done year for me, but I hope it will be a hell of a year.

You should be able to get pretty good money on the secondary market if you opt to sell tickets for the Caps,Pens,Leafs,Bruins,Canadiens,Oilers x 4, Canucks x4, Blackhawks. Especially if they happen to be on a Friday/Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. You'd obviously have to weigh that against the appeal of seeing Ovi, Crosby and McDavid in person yourself. The frequency with which McDavid will be playing in Seattle is a huge bonus if Seattle is placed in the correct division.

One team will have to be moved from the division though, and my money would be on Phoenix moving to the Central division.
Edmonton and Calgary will definitely stay in the Pacific, so you'll be getting McDavid a bunch of times a year for sure.

Boycie

Reaction score
KK84":q37xjdn4 said:
Maulbert":q37xjdn4 said:
Bobblehead":q37xjdn4 said:
seaky12":q37xjdn4 said:

Lol, it isn't anymore. You should see the empty seats in the building unless the Leafs or Habs are in town.

Until we start winning again, you'll be able to get a ticket no problem.