NHL Seattle Hockey club

chris98251

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1n27vj69 said:
gowazzu02":1n27vj69 said:
It would have to be the Seattle Metropolitans wouldn't it? I mean theres history already there.

Not much of a history.

Some team won a cup here a hundred years ago? Why are we tied to that? No one has a connection to that name or team anymore really. That team was only around for like 7 or 8 years I think.

Lets move on and name them something better, IMHO.

I've asked this before on Twitter, and no one seems to have an answer. In what way does 'Metropolitans' have a connection to Seattle or the PNW? What does that name even mean?

And do you really want to be called the Metros? :?

So our team could represent the METRO Transit system?

Seattle in 1917 in the area would be considered a Metropolis at the time, it was a City and the closest one was maybe Portland, as a real City Everett was a logging town for a large part.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Really can't go with Seals. There was already a (California Golden) Seals team. Not the greatest franchise, and they wore white skates. Ha Ha.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
chris98251":2ap2po4e said:
twisted_steel2":2ap2po4e said:
gowazzu02":2ap2po4e said:
It would have to be the Seattle Metropolitans wouldn't it? I mean theres history already there.

Not much of a history.

Some team won a cup here a hundred years ago? Why are we tied to that? No one has a connection to that name or team anymore really. That team was only around for like 7 or 8 years I think.

I've asked this before on Twitter, and no one seems to have an answer. In what way does 'Metropolitans' have a connection to Seattle or the PNW? What does that name even mean?

So our team could represent the METRO Transit system?

Seattle in 1917 in the area would be considered a Metropolis at the time, it was a City and the closest one was maybe Portland, as a real City Everett was a logging town for a large part.

Our mascot!! :D

King metro

gowazzu02

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2049st5v said:
gowazzu02":2049st5v said:

Not much of a history.

K just to play devils advocate again. Thats as many championships as our Football team, our ex basketball team and 1 more then our baseball team.

Also just cause theres already a Mets doesn't mean mean you couldn't go Metropolitans. SF Giants, NY Giants, LA Kings, Sac Kings, Then theres the teams that all go by "hawks" Atl Hawks, Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Blackhawks, but I digress.

Do we really want to be named after a fish? Delicious and heart healthy but a fish?

I wonder if you could bring up the T-Birds name logo and colors kinda like the sounders did when they moved into MLS? Not sure how that would work.

Exittium

Reaction score
I would say the biggest thing about the “Seattle Metropolitans” is the Historical sense. They are the FIRST US Hockey team to win the stanely cup. FIRST. Sure nothing since then, but then why bring back the Sonics? Why that name? Same thing could be asked.

In the end it doesn’t matter it’s not up to us. They can have a competition or drawing or whatever but that’s just a feel good thing to make it seem like there’s a closer connection to the team. When in reality they probably already have a name because they have to eventually or at least start the process of trademarking, Licensing, branding etc etc all those legalities and make sure everything “clears” and there’s no hiccups I.e Seattle trying to name the team Seattle Shock.. when the AFL owns the rights to Shock.. bleh bleh bleh

kobebryant

Reaction score
My apologies for the size of these:

Edit: Not my work

DQYHpAPVAAAGr1b.jpg

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Exittium":3unyb2sh said:
I would say the biggest thing about the “Seattle Metropolitans” is the Historical sense. They are the FIRST US Hockey team to win the stanely cup. FIRST. Sure nothing since then, but then why bring back the Sonics? Why that name? Same thing could be asked.

In the end it doesn’t matter it’s not up to us. They can have a competition or drawing or whatever but that’s just a feel good thing to make it seem like there’s a closer connection to the team. When in reality they probably already have a name because they have to eventually or at least start the process of trademarking, Licensing, branding etc etc all those legalities and make sure everything “clears” and there’s no hiccups I.e Seattle trying to name the team Seattle Shock.. when the AFL owns the rights to Shock.. bleh bleh bleh

Agreed, honestly, I dont really care, as long as we get a team

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1nc3bqvc said:
Exittium":1nc3bqvc said:

Agreed, honestly, I dont really care, as long as we get a team

Hell yeah, call them whatever you want. NHL BABY!!!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Exittium":3c7wshac said:

I don't think you can compare the emotional attachment of the SuperSonics to a team that was only around 8 years 100 years ago. C'mon man!

Obviously we all know what the SuperSonics mean to the people of this city, no need to rehash that. One is some history you can read about online. The other is a real tangible thing that we watched live, on TV, and went to games with our dads, brought our kids, and rooted for. There was pain and joy! The other is literally some words and a grainy white and black team photo. No comparison.

But yea, IF they get named after our awful bus system, it would disappoint me, but Id still watch. Definitely wouldn't sport a lot of their gear though.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
No fish names please. A fish name NHL team sounds soft ass hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1wih7ny1 said:

Not if you have a couple of goons that are “sock”ing the opponent in the “eye”. < rimshot >
Then it’s badass! 8)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1dxzujxk said:
dopeboy206":1dxzujxk said:

Not if you have a couple of goons that are “sock”ing the opponent in the “eye”. < rimshot >
Then it’s badass! 8)

Which is exactly why I liked Sockeye in the first place.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Maulbert":1noshztu said:
Sports Hernia":1noshztu said:
dopeboy206":1noshztu said:

Then it’s badass! 8)

Are you two serious? The lame pun is what makes it stupid to begin with...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DJrmb":4sag0knk said:
Maulbert":4sag0knk said:
Sports Hernia":4sag0knk said:
dopeboy206":4sag0knk said:

Then it’s badass! 8)

Laugh a little, you’ll live longer. 8)
The worst name IMHO is Kraken.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Bettman confirmed at the all-star weekend today that a Seattle expansion draft would have the same rules as Vegas had- which is huuuge

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xya3ray said:
DJrmb":2xya3ray said:
Maulbert":2xya3ray said:
Sports Hernia":2xya3ray said:
Then it’s badass! 8)

I like Kraken !

Release-Da-Kraken-symbol.jpg

Better then hearing You got Smoked !

71RMGe3FMzL SL1500

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":3erk93qc said:
Sports Hernia":3erk93qc said:
DJrmb":3erk93qc said:
Maulbert":3erk93qc said:

I like Kraken !

Release-Da-Kraken-symbol.jpg

Better then hearing You got Smoked !

71RMGe3FMzL SL1500
I actually would prefer something else rather than Kraken or Sockeye, but if it’s between the 2 Kraken loses in my world.

But..... Saying that, I’d get over it and support the team to the max.
I think the Mariners is a pretty lame name, and Seahawks is a little hokey (notice how I always call them Hawks) but I’ve supported both of those teams since they came into existence.

I’ve always loved the name SuperSonics however (I’m sure some think that’s a lame name), even if I was just a fairweather fan.

original poster

Reaction score
kobebryant":1tk5g6ag said:
Bettman confirmed at the all-star weekend today that a Seattle expansion draft would have the same rules as Vegas had- which is huuuge

For someone that hasn’t followed the NHL is about 15 years could you explain a little please?

I’m going to get right back into the NHL for the Seattle team.

Couple of rookie questions -

What months does the season run?

How many games are there in the regular season?