NHL Seattle Hockey club

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":fw3on7ki said:
Bobblehead":fw3on7ki said:
XxXdragonXxX":fw3on7ki said:
kobebryant":fw3on7ki said:

I really like the other 2 and really dont like this one because it looks like Seattle is spelled backwards.

Looks like a butt fumble waiting to happen.
That logo is 100+ years old BTW.... 8)

It looked stupid 100+ years ago to.

Brett

Reaction score
original poster":2tzbt9gb said:
I'm really excited about this.

Do I remember hearing that the team will likely start in 2020?

Assuming that we get the team, and the arena remodle kicks off on time I thought I heard 2020-2021 season but I could be wrong.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The one downside to the expansion draft and take this for what it's worth. I don't think it's supposed to have the effect it had on Vegas, where they are leading the league. It was supposed to get them competative, think .500.....

The only downside if the intended goal of mediocrity is hit,,, drafting around 12-15ish. No sure fire superstar to build around and identify with. I know thats being nitpicky, but just showing the other side of the card.

Brett

Reaction score
These were the rules for the expansion draft for the Golden Knights.

Protected Lists

* Clubs will have two options for players they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft:
a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Player Exposure Requirements

* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

Regulations Relating to Expansion Franchise

* Vegas must select one player from each presently existing club for a total of 30 players (not including additional players who may be acquired as the result of violations of the Expansion Draft rules).

* Vegas must select the following number of players at each position: 14 forwards, nine defensemen and three goaltenders.

* Vegas must select a minimum of 20 players who are under contract for the 2017-18 season.

* Vegas must select players with an aggregate Expansion Draft value that is between 60-100% of the prior season's upper limit for the salary cap.

* Vegas may not buy out any of the players selected in the Expansion Draft earlier than the summer following its first season.

The 30 NHL Clubs must submit their Protection List by 5:00 P.M. ET on Saturday. The Golden Knights will receive the list of protected players at 10 a.m. ET on Sunday and must submit their selections by 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday.

2017 NHL Draft Lottery

The Golden Knights were awarded the sixth pick in the 2017 NHL Draft following the draft lottery, which took place on April 29. Vegas was given the same odds as the team finishing with the third-fewest points during the regular season.

Vegas will select third in each subsequent round of the draft (subject to trades and other potential player transactions).

And below is the link to the full article.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion- ... -281010592

Brett

Reaction score
So does anyone else have an NHL team they have adopted over the years ? If you do are you going to keep them over a new Seattle franchise ? Me personally I have been a St. Louis Blues fan for a long time, long as i can remember really, and they will very quickly become my 2nd fav team once we have a team of our own. Some people may think that is not cool or that it's a shitty move, but I have wanted a team for us since the early 90's and that is why I picked an NHL team to root for. The Blues will always be a team I cheer for unless we are playing eachother and I think it will be nice to maybe have another horse in the race should we not make the playoffs. My only concern about this is that it looks like we would be in the same division unless the NHL moves another team from the Pacific Division.

So who do you cheer for now ? what do you plan on doing when we finally get a team here in Seattle ?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brett":39vmwogy said:
So does anyone else have an NHL team they have adopted over the years ? If you do are you going to keep them over a new Seattle franchise ? Me personally I have been a St. Louis Blues fan for a long time, long as i can remember really, and they will very quickly become my 2nd fav team once we have a team of our own. Some people may think that is not cool or that it's a shitty move, but I have wanted a team for us since the early 90's and that is why I picked an NHL team to root for. The Blues will always be a team I cheer for unless we are playing eachother and I think it will be nice to maybe have another horse in the race should we not make the playoffs. My only concern about this is that it looks like we would be in the same division unless the NHL moves another team from the Pacific Division.

So who do you cheer for now ? what do you plan on doing when we finally get a team here in Seattle ?

I've always rooted for the Canucks, because of their proximity and I went to college at Western, so we'd go up a couple times a winter and catch a Canucks match.

That was back when you could actually attend a hockey match for less than $150 for a nosebleed ticket.

Which will be REALLY weird for me, because now I'll have to root against the Canucks. I assume the Seattle franchise will be in the Western Conference, albeit it looks the central division is the only division with only 7 teams. So not sure if the Commissioner's going to move a team from the Pacific Division to the Central to make room for us? Or how that's going to work.

Either way, I gotta hate the Canucks!

Brett

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37qqb5qq said:
Brett":37qqb5qq said:

I've always rooted for the Canucks, because of their proximity and I went to college at Western, so we'd go up a couple times a winter and catch a Canucks match.

That was back when you could actually attend a hockey match for less than $150 for a nosebleed ticket.

Which will be REALLY weird for me, because now I'll have to root against the Canucks. I assume the Seattle franchise will be in the Western Conference, albeit it looks the central division is the only division with only 7 teams. So not sure if the Commissioner's going to move a team from the Pacific Division to the Central to make room for us? Or how that's going to work.

Either way, I gotta hate the Canucks!

Agreed, I chose St. Louis because of the players at the time, Brett Hull, Curtis Joseph (cujo) always thought that name was cool and I was a Goaltender. I never have got to expierence an NHL game yet. My family had close ties with the Tacoma Rockets for the seasons they were here and we had season tickets, can't beat playoff hockey. I looked at the Canucks season tickets they offered 569$ x 4 payments for 44 games totaling 2276$ and that is roughly 51 bucks a game. If our prices are similar I will be interested in getting a half season package or spliting season tix with somone.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brett":37wnqixr said:
My family had close ties with the Tacoma Rockets for the seasons they were here and we had season tickets, can't beat playoff hockey..

I had season tix to the Rockets for 5-6 years back in the 90's, LOVED it. We went to all the matches, still have the team posters in my garage.

It'll be interesting to see how the Seattle club offers season tix. I'd love to get half a season, or a block of games, but my guess is those type of packages will only be if they don't sell out of complete season tix.

So I don't have my hopes up.

Brett

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":eycmorpx said:
Brett":eycmorpx said:
My family had close ties with the Tacoma Rockets for the seasons they were here and we had season tickets, can't beat playoff hockey..

I had season tix to the Rockets for 5-6 years back in the 90's, LOVED it. We went to all the matches, still have the team posters in my garage.

It'll be interesting to see how the Seattle club offers season tix. I'd love to get half a season, or a block of games, but my guess is those type of packages will only be if they don't sell out of complete season tix.

We had season tickets behind the opposing team's goaltender, my stepmom was an accountant for the team. Over the years I got to do so much fun stuff with them including dinner at Marcel Como's house (head coach) and being the "stick boy" and that meant I got to sit on the bench during pre game warmups. Oh the memories of yelling at the other teams goaltender and watching 16-20 yearolds fight. I have tons of stuff still hats, programs, player cards, pucks, flyers, autographed memorabilia < sp sucks. I am probably the most excited person I know about this potentialy happening. lol...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Brett":6b9h4p2u said:

I was born in Jersey, so they're teams were who i've always rooted for.

As another mentioned our proximity to Vancouver lead me to rooting for them.

I was also partial to the Canadian teams for no good reason,

And at the end of the day picked the underdogs to root for in the playoffs cause its a funner root.

Brett

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3s78hg79 said:
Brett":3s78hg79 said:

I was born in Jersey, so they're teams were who i've always rooted for.

As another mentioned our proximity to Vancouver lead me to rooting for them.

I was also partial to the Canadian teams for no good reason,

And at the end of the day picked the underdogs to root for in the playoffs cause its a funner root.

Hey as long as you enjoy the sport ! I always tell people who say they dont like hockey or dont understand it that they should go to an actual game, because the expierence of that will change your mind and make you want to lean the game.

kobebryant

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1ubkzo70 said:
The one downside to the expansion draft and take this for what it's worth. I don't think it's supposed to have the effect it had on Vegas, where they are leading the league. It was supposed to get them competative, think .500.....

The only downside if the intended goal of mediocrity is hit,,, drafting around 12-15ish. No sure fire superstar to build around and identify with. I know thats being nitpicky, but just showing the other side of the card.

Yep, my worry for Vegas (and therefore Seattle) is that as fun as it is to be really competitive right away, they're ultimately going to land right in the no man's land of mediocrity. Throw in the fact that you're draft 18 year olds weighing 170lbs, and you could be years away from a superstar.

KK84

Reaction score
Brett":2md6kgqj said:

I lived in the Philadelphia area for 10 years and became a pretty big Flyers fan, and a huge fan of hockey in general. I keep telling myself that I'll stay loyal to Broad St., but deep down I know that once the puck drops for a Seattle team that will fly out the window. Can't help it lol. As far as your concerns about divisions, there is absolutely no way the NHL doesn't put us in the Pacific for the natural rivalry with Vancouver. They'll shift Arizona over, or shift Colorado over and move the Alberta teams to central. Seriously can't wait.

Brett

Reaction score
kobebryant":23hgp3p3 said:
gowazzu02":23hgp3p3 said:

Yep, my worry for Vegas (and therefore Seattle) is that as fun as it is to be really competitive right away, they're ultimately going to land right in the no man's land of mediocrity. Throw in the fact that you're draft 18 year olds weighing 170lbs, and you could be years away from a superstar.

Gotta start somewhere right ? Vegas got the 6th pick overall I believe and per the rules first and 2nd year players are exempt from the expansion draft. So if you draft a good mix of 3rd year guys and vets plus your new incoming draft picks I think you have a good shot at competing.

Brett

Reaction score
KK84":36kyhf6z said:
Brett":36kyhf6z said:

I lived in the Philadelphia area for 10 years and became a pretty big Flyers fan, and a huge fan of hockey in general. I keep telling myself that I'll stay loyal to Broad St., but deep down I know that once the puck drops for a Seattle team that will fly out the window. Can't help it lol. As far as your concerns about divisions, there is absolutely no way the NHL doesn't put us in the Pacific for the natural rivalry with Vancouver. They'll shift Arizona over, or shift Colorado over and move the Alberta teams to central. Seriously can't wait.

I figured that's what would happen, but my main question was who is going to move. My excitement is building and the application should be turned in soon per the NHL as of the 27th. I am worried that we will end up with some SHIT name for the team and I will be forced to cheer for the Seattle Sasquatches or something else that doesnt appeal to me personally lol. I am still hoping that we can come up with something like the Seattle Thunderhawks, or the Seattle Ice, please please please steer away from sea lions, seals, any salmon names and any of the older previously use seattle names.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kobebryant":104xozjq said:
gowazzu02":104xozjq said:

Seattle is a fantastic sports town, we've supported our teams in good times and in bad.

I have no doubt hockey will be the same. Seattle is one of the greatest metropolitan cities in the world, full of people from all over, including Canada and elsewhere where hockey's king. Add in local hockey fans who love the sport, and we'll be just fine.

KK84

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2943wfq6 said:
Brett":2943wfq6 said:

If they run the season ticket drive anything like Vegas did, you should be fine as Vegas offered 11 and 22 game packages along with full season tickets right off the bat.

Brett

Reaction score
KK84":39yv28nz said:
Sgt. Largent":39yv28nz said:
Brett":39yv28nz said:

If they run the season ticket drive anything like Vegas did, you should be fine as Vegas offered 11 and 22 game packages along with full season tickets right off the bat.

Yes, Vancouver offers these packages as well. I looked up their prices earlier today to get an idea of what indvidual games cost at a full season ticket holder price. The Canucks work out to about 51.50 per game.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Brett":3e3w1cci said:

I started watching ice hockey during the 2014 Winter Olympics and casually followed NHL for a couple of years (I was more of a Penguins hater than anything. In truth, still am) but I eventually latched onto the Buffalo Sabres. I absolutely will drop them like a hot potato for the Seattle franchise, as I'm a Seattle fan first and foremost. But I'll always have a soft spot for them.

The NHL to Seattle rumors actually influenced my team selection. I knew if there was even a silver of hope of Seattle getting a team, they would become priority and I'd drop whoever I decided to follow. So I decided that the team I followed had to meet certain criteria:
-Could not be divisional rival to potential Seattle franchise.
-Must be towards the bottom of their division. I assumed that an expansion franchise would be bad from the get-go so I wanted to go ahead and condition myself to losing hockey.
-Must not have any Stanley Cup wins.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
KK84":2ra40mff said:
Sgt. Largent":2ra40mff said:
Brett":2ra40mff said:

Do you have any idea if partial season tickets during the ticket drive would be limited to those that live in region? Assuming they aren't. I'd be interested. I know the NFL allows you to buy season tickets if you're out of state. But I'm already saving for and planning on shelling out a pretty penny for a ticket to the inaugural home game, but partial season tickets may be the better option.

Latest posts