Nick Foles stinks

xkj1985x

Reaction score
BigBill1945":269t2d5h said:
Foles played the game of his life. Philly will have some decisions about him to make for next year. He may turn out to be the best back up QB ever based on the playoffs and his win and MVP award in the Super bowl. I hope the OP is enjoying his crow. :D

There is zero decisions about what to do with Foles. He played lights out and will go down in history in Philadelphia. Period.

But you trade him to the highest bidder and you don't think twice about it.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1od1s62k said:
RolandDeschain":1od1s62k said:
KitsapGuy":1od1s62k said:
RolandDeschain":1od1s62k said:
The hell...why?

Because some people don't care about post counts. :les:
HEY! Is that a jab at me? I haven't posted a lot because I like a high post count number, I post a lot because I'm vociferous and I like to hear myself speak.

At least I admit it...

No it wasn't. Although there were some people on here who were obsessed with that.

Mine was lost years ago and never corrected. Les and myself were neck to neck for awhile until we changed servers.

Anyway, he could have just asked us to update his username. Hence why I said he didn't care.

Yup. I wasn't even aware that I could change my username when I first started doing it, but It's become a little annual tradition for me.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
xkj1985x":2x5sqojh said:
BigBill1945":2x5sqojh said:
Foles played the game of his life. Philly will have some decisions about him to make for next year. He may turn out to be the best back up QB ever based on the playoffs and his win and MVP award in the Super bowl. I hope the OP is enjoying his crow. :D

There is zero decisions about what to do with Foles. He played lights out and will go down in history in Philadelphia. Period.

Foles is deadly accurate when he has time in the pocket. He completed 69% of his passes in 2011 at Arizona.

Under pressure, however, he is usually terrible. Patriots were just not capable of generating any pressure.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He stinks? Awesome. He's a Super Bowl champ who was nails as the starter. Especially in the playoffs.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2flahyqg said:
He stinks? Awesome. He's a Super Bowl champ who was nails as the starter. Especially in the playoffs.

It was an off-handed remark from over a month ago after Wentz got hurt and Foles was playing like garbage. :lol:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
hawknation2018":282oi52a said:
KitsapGuy":282oi52a said:
RolandDeschain":282oi52a said:
KitsapGuy":282oi52a said:
Because some people don't care about post counts. :les:
HEY! Is that a jab at me? I haven't posted a lot because I like a high post count number, I post a lot because I'm vociferous and I like to hear myself speak.

At least I admit it...

No it wasn't. Although there were some people on here who were obsessed with that.

Mine was lost years ago and never corrected. Les and myself were neck to neck for awhile until we changed servers.

Anyway, he could have just asked us to update his username. Hence why I said he didn't care.

Yup. I wasn't even aware that I could change my username when I first started doing it, but It's become a little annual tradition for me.

Shut up newbie. :sarcasm_on:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1cmj9hts said:
hawknation2018":1cmj9hts said:
KitsapGuy":1cmj9hts said:
RolandDeschain":1cmj9hts said:

At least I admit it...

:2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know, but it's always fun to poke a little fun. We've all been on the side of some hilarious predictions :)

hawkman

Reaction score
xkj1985x":1fhhqhp6 said:
BigBill1945":1fhhqhp6 said:

While I think Foles will be the one to go, I don’t think the decision is quite as easy as you make it sound. If they feel the trade value for Wentz is higher they may consider moving him and adding some more top shelf talent on rookie contracts. Foles was good enough to win one SB, why not even more with more talented around him?

xkj1985x

Reaction score
hawkman":31f6y28v said:
xkj1985x":31f6y28v said:
BigBill1945":31f6y28v said:

While I think Foles will be the one to go, I don’t think the decision is quite as easy as you make it sound. If they feel the trade value for Wentz is higher they may consider moving him and adding some more top shelf talent on rookie contracts. Foles was good enough to win one SB, why not even more with more talented around him?

I think this is crazy talk. The Eagles gave up a bounty to get Carson Wentz (still paying for it in this upcoming draft). They will never be able to recoup what they gave up for him. Not to mention the guy was having an MVP season before his injury and is only 25 years old.

As an Eagles fan, I will sing the praises of Nicky Foles for the rest of my days but the future of this team is with Carson Wentz and I think everybody in the NovaCare Complex knows that. At least, I hope they do.

hawkman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":c81wivto said:
It's a great problem to have. Is Foles under contract in 2018? If so, that's some nice trade bait.

Yes he is under contract next season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
There's no way they move Carson Wentz over Foles. He was looking like a legit MVP contender up to his injury, it was quite clear he made that second year jump. Foles has been shown to have his limitations and looked quite bad to finish the regular season. It's great he was able to succeed in place of Wentz during the playoffs but you're absolutely foolish if you think the Eagles plan to get picks for Wentz (potential franchise QB) and go with Foles.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Let's not forget that Jeff Hostetler won a sb as a back up then went on to do nothing. I suspect the same will be in Foles case. He will get traded and get a contract but I don't expect him to be a bona fide starter.

original poster

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":37v1q623 said:
hawknation2018":37v1q623 said:
KitsapGuy":37v1q623 said:
RolandDeschain":37v1q623 said:

At least I admit it...

I smiled, well played!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
adeltaY":19fm4h1q said:
Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?

Yeah. They're optimistic he can be back by the pre-season, but puts them in kind of a bind, as the real trade value they can get for Foles will have passed by the time they can be fully confident that Wentz is fully back.

I dunno. If I'm the Eagles I trade Foles, bring someone in, and roll the dice on that.

The Eagles have an expensive roster and are light on draft picks. Replenishing their draft with a Foles trade is worth that gamble, IMO.

original poster

Reaction score
adeltaY":3rpmd67a said:
Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?

I think they’re quoting training camp for his return. May well be on the optimistic side, though.