Nick Foles stinks

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2r2hms9x said:
I dunno. If I'm the Eagles I trade Foles, bring someone in, and roll the dice on that.
Agreed. It's a bit of a gamble, but most likely, it's a solid long-term move and that's what you should work toward with a young franchise QB on your roster.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
original poster":1q7j7bv5 said:
adeltaY":1q7j7bv5 said:
Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?

I think they’re quoting training camp for his return. May well be on the optimistic side, though.

I think they’ve proven to have a solid coaching staff that’s willing to play to the strengths of key players. That being said, I’d keep Foles as long as he’ll stay. Best 2nd string QB in the league. If I’m Foles? I gun for a trade to AZ or Denver for the money.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm not up to date with the medical literature on knee ligament injuries, but Wentz tore his ACL and LCL. I think AP might've skewed perception on how easy it is to recover from ACL injuries. The fastest times for recovery are supposed to be six months, but from what I know, most orthopods recommend closer to nine months. That puts him right up against training camp, so I can see that. The LCL tear has to add another dimension, right?

Shead sustained ACL and meniscus tears and it took him about 11 months to recover. I'm just not sure he'll be ready before week 4. I'm sure he'll prove me wrong, he's a heck of a competitor, but a lot of the healing process is out of his hands.

original poster

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":ipjzbymk said:
original poster":ipjzbymk said:
adeltaY":ipjzbymk said:
Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?

I think they’re quoting training camp for his return. May well be on the optimistic side, though.

I think they’ve proven to have a solid coaching staff that’s willing to play to the strengths of key players. That being said, I’d keep Foles as long as he’ll stay. Best 2nd string QB in the league. If I’m Foles? I gun for a trade to AZ or Denver for the money.

Yeah from Foles' side his time to cash in is now. Bet he wished he signed a one year deal instead. He'd have got serious money in March.