Niners are going to the Super Bowl

Washington49er

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":zxqt750v said:
chris98251":zxqt750v said:
I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

Tip of the hat to them as a football team, besides it time for Reid to Choke again in the big game of the season.
That's got to be anti-Mahomes bias. Mahomes is Football Jesus. Even if Garoppolo plays the best game of his life and the 49ers score 48 again, the Kansas City Mahomes will score 50. And odds are Garoppolo will hand the ball to the Mahomes one too many times anyway. This game was over the moment the Titans forgot to tackle Mahomes on that touchdown run.

Now I'm gonna go hibernate for few months to recuperate from the season ending on a loss.

Negative Nancy strikes again. Are you ever positive?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Congrats to your Niners. They earned it and were the best team in the NFC. I don't think the gap is nearly as big as many think, but they got extremely healthy at the right time and played their asses off. Flat out dominated the Pack.

Go Chiefs :lol:

James in PA

Reaction score
The Joe Montana Bowl! Should be a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1nhrkli3 said:
I really think the 49ers will win, and that's not a bad thing tossing our rivalry aside, who played them tougher twice that just about anyone in the NFC, we had the horses if we had health to be right there.

Tip of the hat to them as a football team, besides it time for Reid to Choke again in the big game of the season.

I honestly think they'll lose.

Mahomes man...he scares me. Its not that he's so good as a passer. Its that he can escape. That's been the Pass D's achilles heel all year. Thats why despite what I said outwardly, I was pretty sure the Niners were going to beat the brakes off the Packers.

This ain't that.

This game is strength vs strength....Niners Pass D vs Chiefs Pass O. Problem is Chiefs can contain that pass rush when Mahomes escapes and will have FAST WRs running deep. I have a feeling tho that people are really overlooking the Niner O vs the Chiefs D. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will move the ball and score. The question is will the Niners be able to keep up.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but I just dunno if the Niners can slow down Mahomes enough to keep them in the game.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":1qu1ynvu said:
chris98251":1qu1ynvu said:

I honestly think they'll lose.

Mahomes man...he scares me. Its not that he's so good as a passer. Its that he can escape. That's been the Pass D's achilles heel all year. Thats why despite what I said outwardly, I was pretty sure the Niners were going to beat the brakes off the Packers.

This ain't that.

This game is strength vs strength....Niners Pass D vs Chiefs Pass O. Problem is Chiefs can contain that pass rush when Mahomes escapes and will have FAST WRs running deep. I have a feeling tho that people are really overlooking the Niner O vs the Chiefs D. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will move the ball and score. The question is will the Niners be able to keep up.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but I just dunno if the Niners can slow down Mahomes enough to keep them in the game.

Sad to say man, I wish I could say you are incorrect but I cant. This game can be close, but there is a possibility that it can get ugly. We have to contain Mahomes. I expect a Niners loss. If the niners win, man oh man

NINEster

Reaction score
Mahomes can be really good, but at the same time he looks mortal against the very best defenses:

Patriots 3 times now (yes, even their win)
Ravens twice
Seahawks last year in Seattle

The mobile QB issue has diminished in each game, IMO.

Very curious to see how Saleh game plans for this one. Meaning, if things get hairy in the 4th quarter, will he have some surprise pressure packages?

Niners don't blitz a lot, but occasionally their blitzes can be sensational.

No lead feels safe.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Niners are a better team than Kansas City, top-to-bottom. K.C. isn't going to score seven straight TDs on the Niners defense.

I don't really see any reason that the Niners can't do a bunch of what they did to Green Bay to K.C.

That said, Mahomes isn't half-the-player on the road that he is at home, unlike Aaron Rodgers.

It should be a good game. The uglier it is, the more it benefits the Niners.

It wouldn't suck for Andy Reid to finally win one.

chris98251

Reaction score
49ers can bring inside and outside pressure, Sherman is going to bait Mahomes just watch, what the 49ers can't do is allow their receivers to get to zone gaps and have space.

knownone

Reaction score
KC has the 29th ranked run defense and the 6th ranked pass defense. If they can't stop the run then they'll need Mahomes to play lights out to have a chance.

This is where it gets dicey for the Niners. Jimmy G has 5 TDs and 6 Ints in 7 games against top 10 pass defenses. So If the Niners can't stop Mahomes and this turns into a track meet where they have to pass, then they'll be in the exact same situation as the Titans last week.

If the Niners can't control the clock with the running game and / or take Mahomes out of the game, I have a hard time seeing how they can win this.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
PM/Chiefs can,have and will be beat.
Same as with Peyton Manning teams..You run the ball with short passes
mixed in and run the clock down..
It forces them to be passing only..You have a defense!
I have no problem saying the Niners win this one..Congrats

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ogta3zy said:

The only thing I'm absolutely 100% certain of is that 60 minutes of play two sundays from now is going to play WAY TOO LARGE OF A STUPIDLY OUTSIZED ROLE on the narrative of who Jimmy Garoppolo is as a QB.

If he has a game like he did against the Saints or the first time against Arizona he's going to magically lock in as one of the best QBs in the NFL.

If the run game is humming at an insane level and he has a game like he did against Vikings and Packers in the playoffs he's going to magically lock in as the modern day Trent Dilfer.

If he has a game like he did against the Seahawks the first time or against the Rams the second time he's going to magically lock in as the achilles heel of the 9ers and a QB you can't win with.

Whatever it is, people are going to draw way way way too much meaning from it.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Another thing will be confirmed, as well; the level of annoyance a typical 49ers fan imposes on the rest of the general populace.

;)

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Popeyejones":q7ccjotk said:
Marvin49":q7ccjotk said:

The only thing I'm absolutely 100% certain of is that 60 minutes of play two sundays from now is going to play WAY TOO LARGE OF A STUPIDLY OUTSIZED ROLE on the narrative of who Jimmy Garoppolo is as a QB.

If he has a game like he did against the Saints or the first time against Arizona he's going to magically lock in as one of the best QBs in the NFL.

If the run game is humming at an insane level and he has a game like he did against Vikings and Packers in the playoffs he's going to magically lock in as the modern day Trent Dilfer.

If he has a game like he did against the Seahawks the first time or against the Rams the second time he's going to magically lock in as the achilles heel of the 9ers and a QB you can't win with.

Whatever it is, people are going to draw way way way too much meaning from it.

Jimmy G is not nearly as bad as the hype I see on TV and hear on sports radio. They got him below Alex Smith game manger level. He is light years better than that. In fact the 2nd half of the season he carried us a lot because we had a lot of injuries. Some of those guys are now back for the playoffs and thus the better team that you see. But I've seen him go on the road at Saints and put up 48 points. I've seen him have 400 yards and 4TD's. He's a capable QB. More capable than the media gives him credit for.

We didn't stop running vs Green Bay because they weren't stopping it. Why would we stop running if they can't stop it? They gave us almost 300 yards on the ground. We would be fools not to take it if they will give that too us.

They got to hype something. So yeah Mahomes is great. And true Jimmy G is not as good as that. But most QB's aren't. Mahomes is one of the best QB's in the league. But it's team against team. It's not QB against QB. I think our team is better than them on the whole. Certainly on defense and on offensive line IMO. Jimmy G is capable. Honestly after watching years of Alex Smith and Kaepernick he is light years better than that and more capable than that. I mean back to reality here. He had just a sliver under 4,000 yards, greater than a 2:1 TD:Int ratio and a 102 rating. He also had four 4th quarter comebacks, won at New Orleans, won at Seattle, won many shootouts in the 2nd half of the season when we had injuries on defense. He's really not as bad as claimed. If a team is willing to give us almost 300 yards on the ground we will take it. But that doesn't mean Jimmy G can't play. He can. In New Orleans it was a shootout and he matched score for score with Brees and led a 4th quarter comeback. Nobody is claiming he is Mahomes. But he is good enough with the team we have and light years better than the Alex Smith game manager level to a 49ers fan who has watched for years.

Also as some said Mahomes is not as great away from KC sometimes. So we will see what happens. But I think we have a chance in this game. Maybe even a good chance. Of course KC has a chance too. Mahomes is great and they have a track team for WR corps.

kobebryant

Reaction score
We've seen this before. An electric offense AFC West team with an MVP caliber QB takes on a tough, mean NFC West team with a great running game and defense. 43-8.

SF is a significant step up in weight class compared to anything KC has faced. Just as Seattle was to Denver.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1x9n8pcx said:
The Saints put up almost a 50 burger on them.

I think KC wins, but people keep quoting that number. That was in the dome, in the third week of a Packers/Ravens/Saints stretch, last 2 on the road, and the Niners were down Ford, Tartt, and Alexander.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kobebryant":1i42s6wb said:
We've seen this before. An electric offense AFC West team with an MVP caliber QB takes on a tough, mean NFC West team with a great running game and defense. 43-8.

SF is a significant step up in weight class compared to anything KC has faced. Just as Seattle was to Denver.

Ya know what I find interesting?

I'm in no way going to try and argue that Garoppolo is in Mahomes class. He's not.

...but what really surprises me is the assumption that KCs offense is so unstoppable and what the Niner D will have to do to have any hope of containing it.

Meanwhile:

KC: #6 ranked offense, 379.2 yards per game, 28.2 points per game.
SF: #4 ranked offense, 381.1 yards per game, 29.9 points per game.

Now I get that there will be an argument made that KC didn't have Mahomes for a few games and Tyreek as well, but its not like the 49ers weren't down both tackles for stretches of the season, lost both their TE and FB for a stretch and didn't have Emmanuel Sanders for the entire first half of the season. Additionally, in the games Mahomes missed, they still scored 30, 31, and 26 points.

Moreover, the Pass D's of the Texans and Titans were 29th and 24th in the NFL respectively.

How 'bout Defense:
KC: #17 ranked defense, 349.6 yards per game, 19.2 points per game
SF: #2 ranked defense, 281.8 yards per game, 19.4 points per game

I also hear that the KC Defense has been playing lights out down the stretch (particularly against the run) and that the 49ers defense has been leaking. Lets leave injuries out of it (tho there is a huge argument to be made RE Ford, Tartt and Alexander) and just look at the teams they played over the final 6 weeks of the regular season.

KC: Chargers, Raiders, Patriots, Broncos, Bears, Chargers (one playoff team with a challenged offense)
SF: Packers, Ravens, Saints, Falcons, Rams, Seahawks (four playoff teams and defending NFC Champion)

One of these things is not like the other.

Now I still think KC wins, but its been real interesting seeing the national narrative about these two teams and what people decide to assign value to when making an argument.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The KC offense is very different from the Broncos offense we played against in the Super Bowl, there's really no comparison here for that, IMO.

I think there's zero chance 49ers win comfortably. They may very well win, but it won't be by several scores.