Niners Coaching Situation?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":klp8yox7 said:
The wheels came off the track this year when they made him a lame duck coach.

Marvin basically covered the rest of your post, but this too. Harbaugh is not a lame duck coach. If he's a lame duck coach then Carrolll won the Super Bowl last year as a lame duck coach (when he too still had a year left on his contract).

seahawk12thman":klp8yox7 said:
Kaepernick has regressed to the point where you wonder if he is even going to be in the league in two years.

:lol:

Are you serious or just being hyperbolic? If serious I'd looooove to bet on this. You name the bet and I'm game for it.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":da7tvth2 said:
seahawk12thman":da7tvth2 said:
Maulbert":da7tvth2 said:
RationalNiner":da7tvth2 said:
How would you Hawk fans feel if we hired Holmgren?

Well, that's one way to keep this rivalry going. I get the feeling Holmgren is of 2 minds on coaching. I think he enjoys retirement, but at the same time, that itch never went away. I could totally believe that if any team could get him back in the game, it's the niners, though I think he'd still like control. Between Whitsitt, Ruskell, and Haslam, I think he believes he's gotten a raw deal on the talent evaluation side (I still think he can't find a good defensive player to save his life).

I couldn't not cheer for Holmgren. I don't believe in eating our own and this man gave his heart and soul to this city, even if he dons the ketchup and mustard.

The Niners organization is too stupid to hire a man like him. Jed York is a pimped up princess that will run that organization into the ground. How they dismissed the Debartolo's was disgraceful and they were lucky to back into Harbaugh. Stanford didn't give a crap about retaining him and the Niner's should be careful what they wish for. The wheels came off the track this year when they made him a lame duck coach. It was evident that it was going to be a distraction. It wouldn't have mattered if Willis and Bowman were playing, Kaepernick has regressed to the point where you wonder if he is even going to be in the league in two years.

uh....I think you need a history lesson.

Jed IS a DeBartolo. His mother is Denise DeBartolo-York, Eddies sister. Eddie is Jed's Uncle and confidant. Eddie got in legal trouble and handed over the team. Yorks didn't "DISMISS" anyone. DId ya notice when the 49ers won the NFCCG in Atlanta who was standing with Jed and Denise in the post-game celebration? That was EDDIE.

Run it into the ground? It was IN the ground when Jed took over. It's where it is now BECAUSE of Jed. Too stupid to hire Holmgren? Really? Was he too stupid to hire Harbaugh? Was he too stupid to get the first NFL stadium built in California in 50 years?

Stick to speaking of that which you know, because the 49ers Front Office isn't one of those topics.

Now if you wanna lambaste JOHN York, then I'll be right there with ya.

Marvin you are a troll.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... -greatness
You must have forgot about the feuds between the York's and the Debartolo's. Tends to happen Jed York isn't related to Eddie. He handed the team over to Denise because he had no choice and the York-Debartolo clan had been fighting ever since. Of course Eddie would stand with his wife after they win the NFCCG, that franchise was built with his hard work and sweat. Lets see him stand with Jed now.

How old is Jed York? 28 or 29
How much experience has he had on the football field? None?

So he throws Harbaugh under the bus for their performance against the Seahawks when that clown has never coached a day or wasn't part of anything that Eddie built. You think Holmgren is going to come out of retirement so he can call some stuck up 29 year old brat "boss"? How are the drugs down there? What coach or GM who is worth their salt is going to want to be a part of that?

Beautiful new stadium but they couldn't even get Gavin "any twosome Newsome" to be a part of the new stadium project on the naval ship yards?? The city has given more leeway to The Warriors and the Giants than the 9ers.

Sorry your team is mediocre (just like I predicted even though you argued with me tooth and nail) and is being flushed down the toilet but the "dark years", as niner fans like to call it, have returned. Your team won't win more than 5 games next year and if I am wrong I will change my avatar to a niner logo.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1oihe4s2 said:
RationalNiner":1oihe4s2 said:
Hrm. That's a good question. I don't know; I wouldn't like it, but past that, I'm really not sure.

I'd love nothing more than to see a Kap-led Holmgren offense.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Popeyejones":38by0jce said:
seahawk12thman":38by0jce said:
The wheels came off the track this year when they made him a lame duck coach.

Marvin basically covered the rest of your post, but this too. Harbaugh is not a lame duck coach. If he's a lame duck coach then Carrolll won the Super Bowl last year as a lame duck coach (when he too still had a year left on his contract).

seahawk12thman":38by0jce said:
Kaepernick has regressed to the point where you wonder if he is even going to be in the league in two years.

:lol:

Are you serious or just being hyperbolic? If serious I'd looooove to bet on this. You name the bet and I'm game for it.

Carroll called out the negotiations and when he was ready. If he has been coaching next year without a new contract, then he would have been a lame duck coach. Harbaugh said he wanted to stay "publicly" and yet front office management wasn't willing to negotiate. That is the definition of a "lame duck" coach.

Who is going to want Kaepernick except for a backup role? He isn't a leader. I don't see Boldin, Crabs and Davis defending him. Crabs is pouting, Davis is in outer space and Boldin is simply being the consummate professional he always is. A colossal waste of talent when you think about it.

I will bet you he won't be starting for any team in two years?? I am all over that.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":16c4bfop said:
theENGLISHseahawk":16c4bfop said:
I'd be delighted if Holmgren got the 49ers gig.

The game has moved on.

Beat me to it. Holmgren wouldn't last a season in Today's NFL. You think your offense is conservative now? Wait until Holmgren gets a hold of it. the 9ers hiring Holmgren would ensure that the 9ers won't make the playoffs for a good long time.

HAHA Holmgren would be more inclined to work for the Raiders.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3h7kybt9 said:
Marvin49":3h7kybt9 said:
seahawk12thman":3h7kybt9 said:
Maulbert":3h7kybt9 said:
Well, that's one way to keep this rivalry going. I get the feeling Holmgren is of 2 minds on coaching. I think he enjoys retirement, but at the same time, that itch never went away. I could totally believe that if any team could get him back in the game, it's the niners, though I think he'd still like control. Between Whitsitt, Ruskell, and Haslam, I think he believes he's gotten a raw deal on the talent evaluation side (I still think he can't find a good defensive player to save his life).

I couldn't not cheer for Holmgren. I don't believe in eating our own and this man gave his heart and soul to this city, even if he dons the ketchup and mustard.

The Niners organization is too stupid to hire a man like him. Jed York is a pimped up princess that will run that organization into the ground. How they dismissed the Debartolo's was disgraceful and they were lucky to back into Harbaugh. Stanford didn't give a crap about retaining him and the Niner's should be careful what they wish for. The wheels came off the track this year when they made him a lame duck coach. It was evident that it was going to be a distraction. It wouldn't have mattered if Willis and Bowman were playing, Kaepernick has regressed to the point where you wonder if he is even going to be in the league in two years.

uh....I think you need a history lesson.

Jed IS a DeBartolo. His mother is Denise DeBartolo-York, Eddies sister. Eddie is Jed's Uncle and confidant. Eddie got in legal trouble and handed over the team. Yorks didn't "DISMISS" anyone. DId ya notice when the 49ers won the NFCCG in Atlanta who was standing with Jed and Denise in the post-game celebration? That was EDDIE.

Run it into the ground? It was IN the ground when Jed took over. It's where it is now BECAUSE of Jed. Too stupid to hire Holmgren? Really? Was he too stupid to hire Harbaugh? Was he too stupid to get the first NFL stadium built in California in 50 years?

Stick to speaking of that which you know, because the 49ers Front Office isn't one of those topics.

Now if you wanna lambaste JOHN York, then I'll be right there with ya.

Marvin you are a troll.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... -greatness
You must have forgot about the feuds between the York's and the Debartolo's. Tends to happen Jed York isn't related to Eddie. He handed the team over to Denise because he had no choice and the York-Debartolo clan had been fighting ever since. Of course Eddie would stand with his wife after they win the NFCCG, that franchise was built with his hard work and sweat. Lets see him stand with Jed now.

How old is Jed York? 28 or 29
How much experience has he had on the football field? None?

So he throws Harbaugh under the bus for their performance against the Seahawks when that clown has never coached a day or wasn't part of anything that Eddie built. You think Holmgren is going to come out of retirement so he can call some stuck up 29 year old brat "boss"? How are the drugs down there? What coach or GM who is worth their salt is going to want to be a part of that?

Beautiful new stadium but they couldn't even get Gavin "any twosome Newsome" to be a part of the new stadium project on the naval ship yards?? The city has given more leeway to The Warriors and the Giants than the 9ers.

Sorry your team is mediocre (just like I predicted even though you argued with me tooth and nail) and is being flushed down the toilet but the "dark years", as niner fans like to call it, have returned. Your team won't win more than 5 games next year and if I am wrong I will change my avatar to a niner logo.

So much wrong there it's not even funny.

1) Jed isn't related to Eddie? WTF are you even talking about? He's his uncle. BOTH men have said on SEVERAL OCCASIONS that Eddie is Jeds confidant. Jed is also the #1 proponent of getting Eddie into the hall of fame.

This is the avatar on Jeds twitter account.

YOWNER popup

Eddie is Jeds Uncle and Godfather.

2) Yes, there was a battle between the siblings. Never said there wasn't. Eddie got himself arrested and handed over the team to his sister. When they split the family assets, the Yorks got the 49ers and Eddie got a number of their real estate developments. There was bad blood between the Yorks and Eddie for a long time but it was Jed who wanted everything to patch up. That's why he was BEEMING when it was Eddie who handed his sister the NFCCG trophy.

John York destroyed this organization, but everything changed the day Jed took control. The team returned to prominence under Jed and essentially peeps complains boil down to a freakin tweet when he was frustrated they lost. If you think THATS bad, you should have seen Eddies temper. He fired Walsh several times only to later calm down. He informed Marc Trestman he was fired by publically announcing in a press conference that "He's outa here!!".

Jed disgracing Eddie? You don't have the first clue of what you speak. I don't know the Seattle front office either which is why I don't talk about it.

3) If you really think Eddie wouldn't stand with Jed right now, you are one delusional dude. Seriously. I'd have that checked.

4) "Dark Year": Great. Nice little story there. WTF that has to do with this conversation? Don't have a clue. Looks like you are just trying to take cheap shots. OK. NO worries. Now I know how seriously to take you.

Niners might go to the SB next year or they might go 0-16. I don't freakin' know what's gonna happen. All I do know is that you don't have any idea about what you are pontificating about.

(Then again this entire conversation pretty much sums up that you don't have a clue).

5) Gavin Newsome: Really? You mean the guy that was BEGGING the 49ers to stay but couldn't get ANTHING from the city to get it done? Dude...you are AGAIN venturing into things you know zilch about.

6) Experience on the football field? Really? How much does Paul Allen have again? How much did Eddie have? How old was Eddie when he took over the team? The answer there is 30...and Jed is 34.

Just stop.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qqz5y7f said:
rideaducati":2qqz5y7f said:
Popeyejones":2qqz5y7f said:
SPOHAWK":2qqz5y7f said:
Not a Harbaugh fan AT ALL....but if he is gone next year after all the Balke crap and the owners embarassing not just him but the players on Twitter....would you really want to coach for this organization, knowing you could be put out on blast by management?.....

You're talking about Jed York tweeting a couple weeks ago that the loss was unacceptable? Many of the players and even Harbaugh said the exact same thing.

I think you're catastrophizing what is essentially a non-issue (or maybe just hoping for the worst, or simply concern trolling the 9ers fans here).

I think (for a lot of reasons, none of which I think are good reasons) they'll make the mistake of promoting Tomsula, but almost every thing is in the plus column in terms of someone wanting to coach that team:

PLUS COLUMN:

*Lots of talent and recent success
*A GM with a very good reputation around the league
*One of the most desirable locations in the U.S.
*A historical prestige franchise in the NFL
*A new stadium and lots of revenue flowing in.

MINUS COLUMN:

*An internally strong GM (people who want GM/Coach control won't be interested)
*A young owner who isn't part of the old boys club with pull in the league offices (probably not that big of a factor, but worth noting)

Also worth saying that I think the organization --justifiably or not -- is a ittle bit insulated from what's happening, as Harbaugh is the one with a now longer history of being blamed for causing internal conflict. It happened at USD, it happened at Stanford, and it happened with the 9ers. Simply put, even if York, Baalke, and Paraag are really a three headed Cerberus guarding the gates of Hell, Harbaugh is going to get blamed for it given his reputation.

Baalke got his reputation as being good on one draft. Since then, his reputation as being good is only because of that one draft, but in reality, his drafts since have not been good. The niners are and will continue to get worse with every player Baalke replaces.

His first draft looks more and more like it was McCloughan's. His second draft was all about Baalke and all of those players are no longer on the team. Now, Baalke is upset because Harbaugh is getting more credit than he is so he's gonna run him out of town.

I'm looking forward to Baalke hiring a "yes" man that no one has ever heard of. Baalke wants more credit and he will get it in the way of a pink slip after next season. By then, the credit he got for being good will start to go where it belongs... To McCloughan.

LOL!!

Man...do me a favor.

DON'T. EVER. CHANGE.

I love being right, so I won't change.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RationalNiner":i8qkx45w said:
If JH is gone, my ideal situation is we make Vic Fangio the HC or we keep him on as a DC and bring Mike Holmgren as a the HC. Fangio can run the defense and Holmgren will greatly improve the offense, and him being part of our glory years is just icing on the cake for me as I think we could use someone from that time period. He will also greatly help make the organization look more classy as a whole.

Holmgren won't be considered.
Holmgren would want to much authority. I can't see Baalke hiring a guy who has had GM authority twice before.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":smv9eld9 said:
RationalNiner":smv9eld9 said:
If JH is gone, my ideal situation is we make Vic Fangio the HC or we keep him on as a DC and bring Mike Holmgren as a the HC. Fangio can run the defense and Holmgren will greatly improve the offense, and him being part of our glory years is just icing on the cake for me as I think we could use someone from that time period. He will also greatly help make the organization look more classy as a whole.

Holmgren won't be considered.
Holmgren would want to much authority. I can't see Baalke hiring a guy who has had GM authority twice before.

I don't think he'll be considered either.

If its an older guy I could see maybe Shanahan, but my guess is it would either be someone on the staff (Tomsula/Fangio) or new blood.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Agreed. In order of likelihood I'd go 1) internal 2) college coach 3) NFL coordinator/first time HC (e.g. Pep).

That said, Jed went after Bill Parcels before moving onto Harbaugh, so we might be thinking about this wrong.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":kw5d22uk said:
Agreed. In order of likelihood I'd go 1) internal 2) college coach 3) NFL coordinator/first time HC (e.g. Pep).

That said, Jed went after Bill Parcels before moving onto Harbaugh, so we might be thinking about this wrong.

Maybe...even as badly as it ended in Washington, Shanahan would make some sense (WCO, Strong running game, history with mobile QB, History with SF)...

....but my first guess is staff and second would be new blood.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I would LOVE it if Shanahan or Holmgren took over SF. We'd mop the floor with anything those guys rolled out. Hell, go find out what Joe Gibbs is doing!

kearly

Reaction score
My guess is that they'll take a few long shots for guys like Nick Saban, and in the likely scenario where they don't get a home run hire, they'll simply promote Fangio to act as Dennis Erickson 2.0. That's not that I think the 49ers are going to implode next year, but I do think a lot of prospective coaches are going to look at the mess in SF right now and have that fear of being a fall guy hire. I think it will be tough to hire a top coach until some of those long term fears are put to rest.

rideaducati

Reaction score
CANHawk":3sc0to32 said:
I would LOVE it if Shanahan or Holmgren took over SF. We'd mop the floor with anything those guys rolled out. Hell, go find out what Joe Gibbs is doing!

Holmgren would have a coronary because the defense is better than the offense. The niners wouldn't draft a defensive player for three years.

kearly

Reaction score
How amazing would it be if the next coach of the 49ers was Jim Mora? So much dirtbag, so much jilted lover hate. It would be magnificent.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":8149e6e6 said:
How amazing would it be if the next coach of the 49ers was Jim Mora? So much dirtbag, so much jilted lover hate. It would be magnificent.

I hope they hire Bevell.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Said it before. I'd like to see what Fangio could do with that roster and a good OC.

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21254ld2 said:
RationalNiner":21254ld2 said:
Hrm. That's a good question. I don't know; I wouldn't like it, but past that, I'm really not sure.

RationalNiner, Holmgren worked with JOE MONTANA in SF long before ever joining the Packers, Seahawks. Holmgren was a big part of the 49er glory era, and it's hard for me to see him as a Hawk or Packer first over a Niner.

Just like many Giants fans have a huge attachment to Bill Belichick, without whom they probably don't beat the 49ers in some big playoff games.

Niner haters have no say in Mike Holmgren, Pete Carroll, Jeff Fisher, Gary Kubiak, Mike Shanahan, Jim Mora Jr, Bill Musgrave, Marty Mornhinweg returning to the 49ers......Jon Gruden too.

I'd add Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary to that list, but would hope our own fans would object to that!

NINEster

Reaction score
kearly":3nd96c2p said:
My guess is that they'll take a few long shots for guys like Nick Saban, and in the likely scenario where they don't get a home run hire, they'll simply promote Fangio to act as Dennis Erickson 2.0. That's not that I think the 49ers are going to implode next year, but I do think a lot of prospective coaches are going to look at the mess in SF right now and have that fear of being a fall guy hire. I think it will be tough to hire a top coach until some of those long term fears are put to rest.

How is Fangio a Dennis Erickson 2.0?

Erickson was a Seattle/college hire, Fangio an internal promotion. And I don't know anything Erickson ever did that was elite -- Fangio is an elite DC, and has as good a resume as anyone else in the league at that position. He's also an LB whisperer in a way that Harbaugh wishes he could be as a QB coach (and the dude played the position FFS).

Or is the implication that the 49ers will blow the team up and get the #1 draft pick in two years? LOL.

As far as the 49er front office intimidating prospective coaching candidates, it's a valid concern but when you look at who it is happening to, you can probably put it all in context.

Now if all this happened to say John Fox or Andy Reid with the exact same track record, it'd be frightening to come here.