Niners whine about officiating

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":3nh6nikq said:
Guys, there are 13 games left.

How many more bad penalty calls are gonna happen? We had some, every team has some.

Release it.

That's all well and good, but don't tell me Skuta was giving the guy a forearm shiver. LOL.

I know it wasn't you...but this whole conversation is ludicrous.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":31sltlgy said:
Marvin49":31sltlgy said:
49er%2Bhit%2Bon%2Bdrew%2Bstanton.gif

....you can't be serious.

He used the forearm to brace his fall.

That is a top five all time Marvin moment right there.

As others have pointed out, you can't make contact with the helmet of a player once he begins his slide. It's right there in the rulebook. Skuta kind of uses the back of his shoulder, and perhaps his forearm too (kinda hard to tell), but however he did it, it's unambiguously clear that Stanton took a massive blow the head from Skuta after starting his slide.

With regards to Pereira, he was under the false impression that the protection only begins after being on the ground, but the rule (Rule 7, section 2, article 1, sub-clause D (1) ) clearly states specifically that head protection begins at the start of the slide attempt.

Geez...

His head recoils from getting hit in the SHOULDER and then hits the ground, bounces, and hits Skuta in the midsection.

There were two other angles on the hit during the broadcast. I'd be curious if anyone can find those.

EDIT:

Found it.

Hit in SHOULDER.

http://fat.gfycat.com/PessimisticFright ... rnbill.mp4

BTW...having trouble embedding that one. It's an mp4.

StantonSideMAIN.jpg

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Amazingly there are whiners on plebzone who are being threatened with bans because they are saying there ISN'T a conspiracy.

I think that says it all about that place.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2z9ds5pg said:
kearly":2z9ds5pg said:
Marvin49":2z9ds5pg said:

....you can't be serious.

He used the forearm to brace his fall.

That is a top five all time Marvin moment right there.

As others have pointed out, you can't make contact with the helmet of a player once he begins his slide. It's right there in the rulebook. Skuta kind of uses the back of his shoulder, and perhaps his forearm too (kinda hard to tell), but however he did it, it's unambiguously clear that Stanton took a massive blow the head from Skuta after starting his slide.

With regards to Pereira, he was under the false impression that the protection only begins after being on the ground, but the rule (Rule 7, section 2, article 1, sub-clause D (1) ) clearly states specifically that head protection begins at the start of the slide attempt.

Geez...

His head recoils from getting hit in the SHOULDER and then hits the ground, bounces, and hits Skuta in the midsection.

There were two other angles on the hit during the broadcast. I'd be curious if anyone can find those.

EDIT:

Found it.

Hit in SHOULDER.

StantonSideMAIN.jpg

And then Skuta rolls over Stanton and lands a forearm and elbow to the back of Stanton's neck . . . amazingly, the angle where he makes contact with the head and neck is missing from Marvin's photo and video. If you want to get away with hitting a QB who is sliding, you can't hit him at all in the head or neck region. This is why the penalty was called. LOL.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin, don't be dim... He'd already started his slide. Look at your own damn image. It's a flag. Stop using it as a crutch to hold up this conspiracy that your team is being unfairly targeted. Put on your big boy pants and take your losses like a man.

Barakas

Reaction score
NINEster":135d7uwm said:
The 49er complaints about penalties has much more to do with timeliness than actual quantity. Filed under the statistic of 3rd down conversions allowed through penalty, the 49ers are easily tops in the league in that category with nobody a close #2.

Some of that is warranted, some of it isn't. But in all of my years watching football of all teams, not just 49ers, I can't recall so many penalties extending drives like I've seen in this year's team.

Seattle might have been the most penalized team in the league last year, but I cannot recall one instance where they lost a game or had a major momentum swing allow a comeback because of it.

The minute the Seahawks lose a game this year (or next) where at least one or two scoring drives were caused by a penalty extending it, it will blow quite a few gaskets around here, guaranteed. :th2thumbs:

Seahawks/Broncos game was called very tight by comparison, which is what I would prefer in general but sucks to see the difference in calling that game versus many other games around the league so far this season.

*cough* Colts game last year *cough*

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Im confused here... 9er fans are arguing that hitting a QB while he is in mid slide (regardless of the forearm shiver driving his head into the turf) is NOT a penalty?

ffs.... get a grip kids.

Barakas

Reaction score
Marvin49":2rwv3nyc said:
kearly":2rwv3nyc said:
Marvin49":2rwv3nyc said:

EDIT:

Found it.

Hit in SHOULDER.

StantonSideMAIN.jpg

Excellent picture. The picture CLEARLY shows the QB has started his slide. That is a penalty that just can't be complained about.

Put any other QB in that situation and any defensive player from any team and that is going to be a flag.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1dr0x0iw said:
Marvin, don't be dim... He'd already started his slide. Look at your own damn image. It's a flag. Stop using it as a crutch to hold up this conspiracy that your team is being unfairly targeted. Put on your big boy pants and take your losses like a man.

I respect you Laloosh...

...but that's BS. It doesn't matter that he started. Yes, he had started the slide, but it happens FAST in real time. He was airborne.

As for conspiracy...will people stop putting words in my mouth. I've said REPEATEDLY that there is no conspiracy...just bad calls. That's it. I dunno why that's so hard. Even Mike Pereira said that shouldn't have been a flag.

Don't give me this "big boy pants" BS. I ain't making excuses. They lost. They deserved to lose. I said that at the very beginning and I've never varied. Don't sit ther though and tell me that was a good call though. It wasn't. It isn't an excuse.

Hell...If I were a Cards fan I could point to the Jimmie Ward hit on Stanton that was helmet to helmet. FAR worse than this and it WASN'T flagged.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Barakas":prz5kneb said:
Marvin49":prz5kneb said:
kearly":prz5kneb said:
Marvin49":prz5kneb said:

EDIT:

Found it.

Hit in SHOULDER.

StantonSideMAIN.jpg

Excellent picture. The picture CLEARLY shows the QB has started his slide. That is a penalty that just can't be complained about.

Put any other QB in that situation and any defensive player from any team and that is going to be a flag.

oi.

I give up. Have to stop arguing with peeps who choose not to be convincible.

My bad.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No...you're just not convincing...

its a penalty. in any game, with any team. close enought to be debated? sure. I suppose. but arguing against its anything more is grasping at straws (and your credibility).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1w88g6u6 said:

its a penalty. in any game, with any team. close enought to be debated? sure. I suppose. but arguing against its anything more is grasping at straws (and your credibility).

Right.

How foolish of me to see it any other way. I guess the former head of officiating can take lessons from you all.

Funniest part to me is how the vid shows there was no forearm shiver but now the argument has changed. Its like arguing a moving target.

No worries tho...gotta learn my lesson. Nobody here wants to be convinced so I'm done trying. Peace.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":lgc6s81c said:
Right.

How foolish of me to see it any other way. I guess the former head of officiating can take lessons from you all.

Right.

How foolish of others to question or doubt the Former Spin Doctor of the NFL? That guy's words are about as solid as a Slurpee in August heat.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin's delusions remind me of all the whiners who thought the referees had a conspiracy against them in the NFC Championship game because they called a penalty of Donte Whitner for hitting Luke Willson in the head with his shoulder while he was catching a pass. :pukeface:

Bighit

You cannot make contact with the head or neck region of a defenseless player. . . why don't they get that?

Barakas

Reaction score
What's the over/under on the number of times that Marvin will continue to post in this thread?

I put it at 7 and take the over.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1pi3ska3 said:
oi.

I give up. Have to stop arguing with peeps who choose not to be convincible.

My bad.

Why does anyone need to be convinced of anything? How's that been working out for you the last 14 months?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":17sz5yqi said:
Laloosh":17sz5yqi said:

I respect you Laloosh...

...but that's BS. It doesn't matter that he started. Yes, he had started the slide, but it happens FAST in real time. He was airborne.

As for conspiracy...will people stop putting words in my mouth. I've said REPEATEDLY that there is no conspiracy...just bad calls. That's it. I dunno why that's so hard. Even Mike Pereira said that shouldn't have been a flag.

Don't give me this "big boy pants" BS. I ain't making excuses. They lost. They deserved to lose. I said that at the very beginning and I've never varied. Don't sit ther though and tell me that was a good call though. It wasn't. It isn't an excuse.

Hell...If I were a Cards fan I could point to the Jimmie Ward hit on Stanton that was helmet to helmet. FAR worse than this and it WASN'T flagged.

Don't get all emotional on us. You can try to argue that the contact was unavoidable because the QB waited too long to slide but you can't argue that it's not a flag because he hit his shoulder, Marv. Simple fact. Go read the rule on it.

Seattle's been really good at pulling up at the last second when a QB starts to slide. Your coaches might want to let your players know that when you're taking an angle on a QB who's not running out of bounds, he's probably going to SLIDE to avoid contact. Be mindful of it and you can avoid shit like this. Trying to hit him before he's able to slide is likely to result in a play like this. Flag. Bitching. Conspiracies.

Section 2 Dead Ball
Article 1: Dead Ball Declared. An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:
(a) when a runner is contacted by a defensive player and touches the ground with any part of his body other than his
hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground. A runner touching the ground with his
hands or feet while in the grasp of an opponent may continue to advance; or
Note: If, after defensive contact, any part of a runner’s leg above the ankle or any part of his arm above the wrist touches the
ground, the runner is down.
(b) when a runner is held or otherwise restrained so that his forward progress ends; or
(c) when a quarterback immediately drops to his knee (or simulates dropping to his knee) behind the line of scrimmage;
or
(d) when a runner declares himself down (i) by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and clearly making no immediate effort
to advance, or (ii) by sliding feet first on the ground. When a runner slides feet first, the ball is dead the instant he
touches the ground with anything other than his hands or his feet; or
Note: Defenders are required to treat a sliding runner as they would a runner who is down by contact.
(1) A defender must pull up when a runner begins a feet-first slide. This does not mean that all contact by a defender is
illegal. If a defender has already committed himself, and the contact is unavoidable, it is not a foul unless the defender
commits some other act, such as helmet-to-helmet contact or by driving his forearm or shoulder into the head or neck
area of the runner.

(2) A runner who desires to take advantage of this protection is responsible for starting his slide before contact by a
defensive player is imminent; if he does not, and waits until the last moment to begin his slide, he puts himself in
jeopardy of being contacted.
(e) when a runner is out of bounds;

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ffh6z8v said:
Uncle Si":2ffh6z8v said:

Right.

Funniest part to me is how the vid shows there was no forearm shiver but now the argument has changed. Its like arguing a moving target.

No worries tho...gotta learn my lesson. Nobody here wants to be convinced so I'm done trying. Peace.

I see the forearm shiver just fine Marvin...

and while the former head of officiating can do one for all I care, how did the officials on the field see it?

You cant hit a QB as he goes to ground. Get over yourself

Brahn

Reaction score
Brahn":3maiw4rg said:
Marvin49":3maiw4rg said:
Brahn":3maiw4rg said:
Marvin49":3maiw4rg said:
I never mentioned you directly in your last quote, if you felt you fit in the group mentioned then that is on you and not me.

Every team? Do we blanket to deflect still?

Crazy how often "Everyone Else Does It" comes out of the mouth of certain people, When trying to make or defend a point.

I'm not defending conspiracy theorists. I think they are ludicrous.

MY point is to get off the high horse because thinking its a conspiracy isn't the sole domain of 49er fans. It comes from ANY fanbase that thinks they are getting robbed for one reason or another.

There is a difference. Most people from other fan bases will complain about calls being terrible or incorrect. A certain fan base will state that and follow it up with conspiracy talk.

The two are not bound together. One can complain about the calls without thinking the NFL is "out to get you". But the conspiracies are that the NFL is out to get them because solely on the NFL's "hidden agenda"

Now show me "EVERY other team having a CONSPIRACY THEORY" and we can talk. Because I think you maybe letting local influences dictate what "Everyone else" is doing.

Get off the High Horse? Sorry, didn't know I had to be ABOVE REPROACH around here.