Niners win totals

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":8ffowuyk said:
You remind me of a Cowboys fan I know, when they always beat the Giants in game 1 he always says they are going to the Super Bowl.

Looks like you’re a “premature celebrator”.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":132nke4x said:
Washington49er":132nke4x said:
You remind me of a Cowboys fan I know, when they always beat the Giants in game 1 he always says they are going to the Super Bowl.

Looks like you’re a “premature celebrator”.

And you remind of well.....you, a big Richard.

Threedee

Reaction score
Sherman had a pick-6. That actually made me happy, even though I was rooting for Famous Jameis and his motley crüe to prevail.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
The 49ers defense looks good enough to get them to at least 7 wins. But it all depends on if Garoppolo can shake the ghosts.

Washington49er

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":25gupimv said:
The 49ers defense looks good enough to get them to at least 7 wins. But it all depends on if Garoppolo can shake the ghosts.

For game 1 on the road it's a vast improvement. Things definitely need to get better, run stopping almost non existent. Jimmy G placement and timing still off a little, threw quite a few that were behind the receiver. He did have some TDs called back.

D looked much improved, if our pass rush continues to improve on yesterday, I can see our secondary being busy this season with takeaways. We had 4 takeaways yesterday, last year we had 7 total for the season.

Fanatics

Reaction score
Anyone want to adjust their predictions now? I mean really, it seems like most predictions had them around 8 wins. They would need to go 5-8 in the last 13 games to only get that number. Could happen but seems a bit low now.

Also I had us winning 10 before the season, now I am thinking we could need another win or two to finish in the top two in the division. Especially since it seems we can't just pencil in a win at home this season.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Injuries are starting to pile up for the 9ers, and they haven't beaten anybody worth considering yet.

Before I said 8-8 leaning to 7-9 more than 9-7.

I'm still at 8-8 but have shifted my lean to 9-7 from 7-9.

I'm glad to have gotten to watch three wins so far, but I'm not ready to think they'll win in any given week yet.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3dhr2qow said:
Injuries are starting to pile up for the 9ers, and they haven't beaten anybody worth considering yet.

I'm glad to have gotten to watch three wins so far, but I'm not ready to think they'll win in any given week yet.

The difference tho was perfectly stated to me this am on 95.7 TheGame. There is no game on the schedule that I look at it and think they can't win. That doesn't mean the WILL win, just that every game left on the schedule is within reach.

It hasn't been that way in recent years.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":30s5v5fg said:
Popeyejones":30s5v5fg said:

The difference tho was perfectly stated to me this am on 95.7 TheGame. There is no game on the schedule that I look at it and think they can't win. That doesn't mean the WILL win, just that every game left on the schedule is within reach.

It hasn't been that way in recent years.

Good point. There's a lot of games I'll still go into expecting them to lose, but not thinking that it's inevitable that they'll lose.

I haven't been able to say that for the last four years.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
We'll know more in two weeks, but without Joe Staley, I have a feeling that the Browns pass rushers are going to absolutely feast on the 49ers. This could get really ugly, especially with Spoon out. If the 49ers defense doesn't put on a clinic, I'm not too confident about that one.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They are good, but I believe with the remaining schedule that we have a higher floor and ceiling.

Hawks 12-4 to 14-2
Niners 10-6 to 12-4

It could come down to Week 17 for us both. They're really good at getting their depth pieces up to speed and quickly. Jeff Wilson was literally their bottom-tier WR, and he scored the ending touchdown against Cards. They get Chase McLaughlin off the street, he does better than who the Pats got. Last year, they beat us with their backup QB.

This is not to say they're the better team. I think we are. But they're constantly scheming up new ways, new players to get the ball to even if it's not Kittle or Sanders.

Washington49er

Reaction score
rlkats":kbfi9brj said:
Washington49er":kbfi9brj said:
rlkats":kbfi9brj said:
Sorry I've lost faith. I'd say 5-7 wins.

Thanks for playing. You have been eliminated

What do you want, a cookie?

No, I'm good watching the faithless eat crow. Here's a toothpick for the feathers in your teeth.

Pretty sad when Seahawk fans have more faith in the 9ers than a "fan".

2_0_6

Reaction score
Washington49er":zzl68aln said:
rlkats":zzl68aln said:
Washington49er":zzl68aln said:
rlkats":zzl68aln said:

No, I'm good watching the faithless eat crow. Here's a toothpick for the feathers in your teeth.

From what I've seen, most Niner fans are missing teeth so a toothpick might not be needed

Marvin49

Reaction score
Washington49er":x2wrd914 said:
rlkats":x2wrd914 said:
Washington49er":x2wrd914 said:
rlkats":x2wrd914 said:

Pretty sad when Seahawk fans have more faith in the 9ers than a "fan".

SMDH......Washington finding himself pretty near my ignore list as well. Just totally unnecessary.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":1hxllt6m said:
SMDH......Washington finding himself pretty near my ignore list as well. Just totally unnecessary.
MARVIN, YOU ARE JUST A TERRIBLE PERSON AND NOT A 49ERS FAN!

- Washington49er

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":34k7j3bh said:
They are good, but I believe with the remaining schedule that we have a higher floor and ceiling.

Hawks 12-4 to 14-2
Niners 10-6 to 12-4

It could come down to Week 17 for us both. They're really good at getting their depth pieces up to speed and quickly. Jeff Wilson was literally their bottom-tier WR, and he scored the ending touchdown against Cards. They get Chase McLaughlin off the street, he does better than who the Pats got. Last year, they beat us with their backup QB.

This is not to say they're the better team. I think we are. But they're constantly scheming up new ways, new players to get the ball to even if it's not Kittle or Sanders.

Sooooooooo..........

Your "ceiling" has the Niners finishing 3-3 and "floor" has them losing out?

....and the 'hawks "floor" is finishing 4-2 and "ceiling" is winning out.

um....ok. No homer there. LOL.

FYI, Jeff Wilson is a RB and that was his 5th TD of the season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1me9ap8w said:
Marvin49":1me9ap8w said:
MARVIN, YOU ARE JUST A TERRIBLE PERSON AND NOT A 49ERS FAN!

- Washington49er

LOL. :lol: