No charges for Aldon Smith over bomb threat

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigtrain21":4crn7ibi said:
Bob loblaw":4crn7ibi said:
You should worry more about your D End Irvin who is looking more like a bust eveyday

AJ Jenkins was taken by the 49ers in the first round of that draft.

Case Closed.
^ WINNING!!!!!!^
:th2thumbs:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3fj84o50 said:
Bob loblaw":3fj84o50 said:
You should worry more about your D End Irvin who is looking more like a bust eveyday

AJ Jenkins was taken by the 49ers in the first round of that draft.

Case Closed.

Aaaa-Oooo! Aaaa-Oooo!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1agq8tzm said:
Thank god this judge had the sense to realize California gun laws are extreme. Then again, this seems to be the usual course of action for similar charges (fine and 230+ community service hours), which makes me wonder about how much of it is just political pandering. In any case, I doubt Aldon Smith will keep his nose clean for three months, let alone three years.

I don't even think they should be misdemeanors, but he is no longer a felon. He is just a 5 time misdemeanor guy. So he gets 12 days jail (but on work release) for DUI? Now that is stupid. I would have thought that it was the other way around.

I have to come up with a new name for him. Why bother with Mondays when dude can just get it all done before the season even starts? Heh.. he will be back. Hahaha! Cry for help. Goodell.. suspension gotta be 4. Everyone gets 4. Roger has a Hot key for it.

What really cracks me up is Roger saying it is not about discipline. About helping the players. That is going to bite him in the ass. Anyone want to bet whether or not Smith actually quit drinking? We'll see on the games.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":ugv6rk9t said:
SoulfishHawk":ugv6rk9t said:
Goddell is there to support him? Unlike pretty much every f'ing Hawks player who has ever been in trouble. Funny how that works. No jail time for a bunch of felonies, and magically it ends BEFORE Monday Night Football.

4 game suspension MAYBE. Joke

Yup....it's a conspiracy to screw the Seahawks. That's what it is. No respect I tell ya. No respect.

A conspiracy would be NOT having Smith around. The stupidity brings us an advantage. His availability for the other games is a good thing for the Niners, but he was going to be available for the Hawks games anyway.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2x7t0gd4 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2x7t0gd4 said:
Thank god this judge had the sense to realize California gun laws are extreme. Then again, this seems to be the usual course of action for similar charges (fine and 230+ community service hours), which makes me wonder about how much of it is just political pandering. In any case, I doubt Aldon Smith will keep his nose clean for three months, let alone three years.

I don't even think they should be misdemeanors, but he is no longer a felon. He is just a 5 time misdemeanor guy. So he gets 12 days jail (but on work release) for DUI? Now that is stupid. I would have thought that it was the other way around.

I have to come up with a new name for him. Why bother with Mondays when dude can just get it all done before the season even starts? Heh.. he will be back. Hahaha! Cry for help. Goodell.. suspension gotta be 4. Everyone gets 4. Roger has a Hot key for it.

What really cracks me up is Roger saying it is not about discipline. About helping the players. That is going to bite him in the ass. Anyone want to bet whether or not Smith actually quit drinking? We'll see on the games.

The judge probably took the rehab into account. He got essentially what I expected. As for games? Kinda think it will be 2, but wouldn't be stunned by 6.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1hmwhead said:
5_Golden_Rings":1hmwhead said:

He's obviously has NOT quit drinking, the TSA "incident" proves that. Even as big of a mental midget that Alldumb is, he doesn't say "I have a bomb" sober.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1drtwtym said:
My guess: 4-game suspension reduced to 2 games on appeal.

Lol... he will appeal and Roger will just not suspend him at all.

"We have to make sure that Aldon's needs are met. Isn't that right Ben, and Plaxico?"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":121k4scz said:
Marvin49":121k4scz said:
SoulfishHawk":121k4scz said:
Goddell is there to support him? Unlike pretty much every f'ing Hawks player who has ever been in trouble. Funny how that works. No jail time for a bunch of felonies, and magically it ends BEFORE Monday Night Football.

4 game suspension MAYBE. Joke

Yup....it's a conspiracy to screw the Seahawks. That's what it is. No respect I tell ya. No respect.

A conspiracy would be NOT having Smith around. The stupidity brings us an advantage. His availability for the other games is a good thing for the Niners, but he was going to be available for the Hawks games anyway.
Yeah, he tends to make mistakes against Seattle, whether it's biting on the hard count, to stupid personal
foul penalties in crucial situations. If he misses any Seattle games it gives the whiner trolls another excuse for losing.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":utlkqlz2 said:
The judge probably took the rehab into account. He got essentially what I expected. As for games? Kinda think it will be 2, but wouldn't be stunned by 6.

Rehab into account for what? He gave light time for DUI and nothing on the gun charges. I could see the wobbler action, but why even bother reducing them? Just so Aldon isn't a felon? He could have done that on sentencing day. I'm just saying it was stupid to even say he was guilty. I wonder what would happen to you Marvin? Why don't you go buy a banned gun and bring it into the state? There obviously isn't a penalty for it because treatment rid Aldon of his illegal gun purchasing ways. Lol.

Hey... now that Smith has been popped for a gun crime, he can't have any guns. He can't buy them anywhere in the country. He is now on the NICS deny list. I wonder how that will go over. Misdemeanor or not... wait... he can get the judge to expunge the entire thing. :)

What would really cap this whole thing is if Smith has a subpar year on the field.

He essentially got time and had it turned into work release. You said no time. Of course he didn't get any time for the gun charges, that is baffling considering the DUI was countered by treatment.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":333aied1 said:
Marvin49":333aied1 said:

Rehab into account for what? He gave light time for DUI and nothing on the gun charges. I could see the wobbler action, but why even bother reducing them? Just so Aldon isn't a felon? He could have done that on sentencing day. I'm just saying it was stupid to even say he was guilty. I wonder what would happen to you Marvin? Why don't you go buy a banned gun and bring it into the state? There obviously isn't a penalty for it because treatment rid Aldon of his illegal gun purchasing ways. Lol.

Hey... now that Smith has been popped for a gun crime, he can't have any guns. He can't buy them anywhere in the country. He is now on the NICS deny list. I wonder how that will go over. Misdemeanor or not... wait... he can get the judge to expunge the entire thing. :)

What would really cap this whole thing is if Smith has a subpar year on the field.

He essentially got time and had it turned into work release. You said no time. Of course he didn't get any time for the gun charges, that is baffling considering the DUI was countered by treatment.

I never said he wasn't getting special treatment. I just think it has to do with him having money and an expensive lawyer, not an elaborate scheme to let Bay Area athletes skate.

I've been saying all along that I thought something more was going on. The lawyer wouldn't have had him plead no contest to everything unless he had a pretty good idea what was going to happen. We've been arguing this issue for a long time

Just as I said might happen, the judge reduced the charges so they are no longer felonies. No doubt you'll probably say Aldon and his lawyer just took a chance and got lucky. My guess is that this was likely the plan all along.

I mentioned that Aldon spoke to the judge before he plead no contest.

My best guess is that the DA wasn't dealing because he didn't want to appear to be going lightly on famous defendants and the judge essentially told him to keep his nose clean and he won't serve time in prison

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":c2bzelvu said:
I never said he wasn't getting special treatment. I just think it has to do with him having money and an expensive lawyer, not an elaborate scheme to let Bay Area athletes skate.

I've been saying all along that I thought something more was going on. The lawyer wouldn't have had him plead no contest to everything unless he had a pretty good idea what was going to happen. We've been arguing this issue for a long time

Just as I said might happen, the judge reduced the charges so they are no longer felonies. No doubt you'll probably say Aldon and his lawyer just took a chance and got lucky. My guess is that this was likely the plan all along.

I mentioned that Aldon spoke to the judge before he plead no contest.

Oh you mentioned that the judge spoke with the judge. I thought that was just a rumor. This is new info and not something typical.

You didn't know that the wobbler would be reduced, EVERYbody knew it COULD be reduced.

Of course something was going on, Aldon Smith had 3 felony convictions reduced to nothing. Why even bother with no contest if they worked something out? Smith could have easily pled guilty to misdemeanors if they had a conversation. They shouldn't even be crimes, but this is why I think that the no contest plea was used and arranged. In the interest of protecting Smith from civil litigation, the judge says "no no Aldon, you want to plea no contest, that way you are protected, but don't worry, I got your back on the whole package. Oh, here's all those jerseys I needed you to sign and you brought the cash right? "

Now the gun community looks at this 2 ways. Either they now have a better outlook of getting more leniency on getting guns, or anybody busted for the same thing that served 6 months is really pissed!

It was all a matter of how lenient the judge would be, I am actually surprised that Smith even bothered taking the 12 days on work release stuff. All guesses, but it won't matter down the road. I just wonder what Smith will do with his work release time. I gotta get some images of that. :)

Jville

Reaction score
Jail space and staff has been maxed out in California for some time now. The lawyers make their money. Aldon agrees to a little window dressing once a week. And a dysfunctional legal community sustains the illusion for another day.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Now we know why Hardouche had no issue with Smith practicing. They all knew. The judge told Jimmy Love to get that guy on the field.

gargantual

Reaction score
This is beyond despicable to let him off the hook for a DUI like this. This isn't even a hand slap. To think of the kids that could have died with his stupid, drunken ass careening through the streets at school bus time.

My wife's brother was killed by a drunk driver when she was little, right in front of her other brother. He never recovered, is still f-ed up to this day, some 45 years later. These things are supposed to send a message to people in society. Guess we know what that message is.....

With the disappearing felonies.....I can see a hot-shot lawyer using this as precedent in future cases. But in this rigged legal society it will only work if it's another rich, undeserving a-hole like AS. Anyone that says we don't have a class system in the US needs to shut their pie-holes.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I dunno, seems pretty consistent with most athletes. I expected Aldon to get nothing for the DUI stuff post rehab, but I did expect less than 30 days of some type of incarceration for the guns.

I would complain more if I were personally in the same situation and got more severe punishment, I had a DUI in 93 reduced to a reckless and had to pay 500 dollars. It would be good for Smith if he actually learned from this, but I would bet money that Smith's transformation to staying out of trouble is short lived. He is just too stupid for it to take.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
As far as the gun situation, if the gun or guns were used in the committing of a crime, they can take them away and refuse to release them back to the individual. If it was not USED in the committing of a crime, they can be returned to the individual. I dont call having a clip or magazine that can handle too many bullets a committing a crime. I call that stupid. That is only in the system for a FELONY....in Washington. I am not sure of that situation in California. I am in neither state....I am in the state of confusion. And I love it. :mrgreen: :shock:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":ojbbaw98 said:
As far as the gun situation, if the gun or guns were used in the committing of a crime, they can take them away and refuse to release them back to the individual. If it was not USED in the committing of a crime, they can be returned to the individual. I dont call having a clip or magazine that can handle too many bullets a committing a crime. I call that stupid. That is only in the system for a FELONY....in Washington. I am not sure of that situation in California. I am in neither state....I am in the state of confusion. And I love it. :mrgreen: :shock:
CA has some jacked up laws about guns. Much more strict. It isn't about the configuration of Smith's guns and their mags, they are specifically on the banned list. There is a process to get an exception (nearly impossible) but Smith didn't even try.

They do have a law about high capacity mags. If it can be proven that the gun and mag were purchased before a certain date, it can be had in CA. If a magazine has been tampered with to accept more capacity, in CA it is a felony (my relative experienced this first hand)

Smith bought his guns after they were put on the banned list. He brought them into CA and that was the felony conviction that was reduced to a misdemeanor. There is a lot of misinformation about gun laws in CA and they are just wrong. Does anyone remember the links Marvin provided where the lawyer stated that the prosecution would have a hard time convicting him? Marvin was just passing on what he read, but there was a serious misunderstanding on that from even the lawyer. I wouldn't dare bring my firearms into CA. Maybe my sub compact 45 with minimal capacity.

They couldn't win, so the attorney worked the beneficial no contest plea and the judge gave Smith the Niner treatment. Heck.. in that town I am surprised that a Niner was charged at all.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Unfortunately Aldon will get more of this treatment from Good ol Rog because the NFL wants it's big money rivalries so they are not going to do anything that could hurt that and losing Aldon while Bowman is out could be dangerous to that rivalry.

I would love this if it were a level playing field but if it were we would be playing the Niners in Seattle on Thanks Giving not Santa Clara.

Of well it was brutal last year also and most Niner fans said the schedule would kill us, we couldn't win on the road and after the last season we had a huge target on our backs. Sound familiar? Yep and it makes winning it all that much sweeter. Add in all the O-line injuries and no Harvin or Rice and wow. It really is amazing. If we repeat this year it will be even sweeter.

Latest posts