No charges for Aldon Smith over bomb threat

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It wouldn't be the same without Aldon Smith out there. He was never going to miss any games against the Hawks no matter what.

He is going to make his plays, but he is also going to get blocked in the run game and make mistakes. As for the scheduling? Whatever. At this point I would rather the Hawks go to Santa Clara on the short week because I chalk that game as a loss by default anyway.

Each year under Carroll that game in SF has been closer and closer, consistently each game. 2010-19, 2011-16, 2012-7, 2013-2. If the Hawks can bring the Legion and spoil Thanksgiving for Santa Clara it would really put some pressure on the digits.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I agree a short week down to the bay would not be as bad as going across country to a 10 am game on a short week. We can handle it on our side of the country.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":3lvvpei7 said:
just as it was in RS's right to get out of a suspension due to a technicality..

seahawks fans can't complain
Actually, we really can. Did you read the release PDF about why they dropped Sherman's case? (Rhetorical question, I know you didn't.)

Read the conclusion part at the bottom if you don't want to read the whole thing. The tester LIED about what happened to his employer and later changed his story. Short of having the whole thing recorded on video, we can't know for sure, but this is the same day/time that Brandon Browner took a test as well where he DID test positive, which he never even tried to fight, and it looks like Sherman was handed a used cup to transfer his piss into when the first one started leaking and the testing technician didn't want to admit the mistake.

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-comm ... 645989.PDF

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vflex7n said:
Front7vLOB":2vflex7n said:
just as it was in RS's right to get out of a suspension due to a technicality..

seahawks fans can't complain
Actually, we really can. Did you read the release PDF about why they dropped Sherman's case? (Rhetorical question, I know you didn't.)

Read the conclusion part at the bottom if you don't want to read the whole thing. The tester LIED about what happened to his employer and later changed his story. Short of having the whole thing recorded on video, we can't know for sure, but this is the same day/time that Brandon Browner took a test as well where he DID test positive, which he never even tried to fight, and it looks like Sherman was handed a used cup to transfer his piss into when the first one started leaking and the testing technician didn't want to admit the mistake.

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-comm ... 645989.PDF

I'm making no judgment either way on if he did/did not do PEDs....

I just had to say that the "handed a used cup" part made me cringe.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":imfado0p said:
I just had to say that the "handed a used cup" part made me cringe.
Yeah, no kidding. I know the LOB is a brotherhood, but that doesn't mean I want to be handling one of my brothers' piss-covered cups; and how in the world do you have leaky cups in the first place? I don't think I've even ever gotten a leaky red Dixie cup in my entire life. Makes me wonder what kind of chump operation that testing company had going on, to be honest.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pybwi9y said:
Yeah, no kidding. I know the LOB is a brotherhood, but that doesn't mean I want to be handling one of my brothers' piss-covered cups; and how in the world do you have leaky cups in the first place? I don't think I've even ever gotten a leaky red Dixie cup in my entire life. Makes me wonder what kind of chump operation that testing company had going on, to be honest.

It was probably one of Eddie Debartolo's business ventures Roland.

Felonistic Labratories

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It all makes sense now, Loaf. Including the lack of 49ers found using PEDs.

In all seriousness, I'd eat my hat if every single NFL team didn't have at least two players taking something that is banned.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":y0dmqv2i said:
It all makes sense now, Loaf. Including the lack of 49ers found using PEDs.

In all seriousness, I'd eat my hat if every single NFL team didn't have at least two players taking something that is banned.

Right there....that's the biggest reason I never talk sh*t about Seahawks players getting caught.

Players are doing it on every single team and my guess its more than a few. The ones that get caught are the ones who screw up. It's a performance based system, so there will always be guys looking to cut corners for an edge.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yep. It's annoying, but I don't necessarily blame them for it...Millions of dollars at stake if you perform a little bit better? Yeah.

That being said, I would far prefer it if the NFLPA would just let the NFL truly enforce it. I want an even playing field.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3hnhxx6v said:
Right there....that's the biggest reason I never talk sh*t about Seahawks players getting caught.

Players are doing it on every single team and my guess its more than a few. The ones that get caught are the ones who screw up. It's a performance based system, so there will always be guys looking to cut corners for an edge.

Yep... Especially guys that are trying to make a squad. It is a huge deal to these guys just to get a chance to perform, millions of dollars to those who make it. Of course it happens on every team at some level. I can see some things being used to heal injuries faster too. Out of a 53 man roster? Hell yes. Especially with a bunch of young guys or guys needing a little push at the end of their careers. Remember Bill Romanowski? How long did that guy play anyways?