No charges for Aldon Smith over bomb threat

Marvin49

Reaction score
I hesitate to show this one because of the conspiracy theories that will follow...

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 55s
And … RT @MikeGarafolo Eleven Mondays of work release for Aldon Smith magically ends one Monday before the Niners' first MNF game at STL.

More likely, the topic came up with the judge.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Marvin49":9gd1mpra said:
I hesitate to show this one because of the conspiracy theories that will follow...

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 55s
And … RT @MikeGarafolo Eleven Mondays of work release for Aldon Smith magically ends one Monday before the Niners' first MNF game at STL.

More likely, the topic came up with the judge.

Yeah topic probably came up, judge was nice and it is what it is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Goddell is there to support him? Unlike pretty much every f'ing Hawks player who has ever been in trouble. Funny how that works. No jail time for a bunch of felonies, and magically it ends BEFORE Monday Night Football.

4 game suspension MAYBE. Joke

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":17wpixz9 said:
Goddell is there to support him? Unlike pretty much every f'ing Hawks player who has ever been in trouble. Funny how that works. No jail time for a bunch of felonies, and magically it ends BEFORE Monday Night Football.

I get what you are saying. And it's fair. 49ers fans were pissed when RS avoided suspension (and his was merely for taking PEDs). You guys have the same right to be pissed if it is 4 or lower.

But all felonies were dropped. Aldon is not a felon. No felonies on his record.

So I expect 4

Fanatics

Reaction score
Like I predicted last week, the felonies were reduced, the league already considered the DUI's resolved due to the 5 game rehab stint. I would be surprised if he gets any punishment but there is no way it is over 2 games max. I still think there was an agreement with the judge before the "No contest" plea was given. Typical 49ers...but I do think we all would be calling for the same if say Sherman were up on charges. He could do it again and the next time it will not be this easy as usually the penalties are progressive.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Thank god this judge had the sense to realize California gun laws are extreme. Then again, this seems to be the usual course of action for similar charges (fine and 230+ community service hours), which makes me wonder about how much of it is just political pandering. In any case, I doubt Aldon Smith will keep his nose clean for three months, let alone three years.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jn0p71ap said:

Yup....it's a conspiracy to screw the Seahawks. That's what it is. No respect I tell ya. No respect.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Goodell can prove himself here...Here's hoping for an 8+ game suspension.....being bumped down to misdemeanors doesn't change ANYTHING about what the guy actually has DONE. Forget legal ramifications, they're irrelevant to NFL punishments.

A fine moment for justice, today. :roll:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fanatics":2thbrnir said:
Like I predicted last week, the felonies were reduced, the league already considered the DUI's resolved due to the 5 game rehab stint. I would be surprised if he gets any punishment but there is no way it is over 2 games max. I still think there was an agreement with the judge before the "No contest" plea was given. Typical 49ers...but I do think we all would be calling for the same if say Sherman were up on charges. He could do it again and the next time it will not be this easy as usually the penalties are progressive.

So do I.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jawi9735 said:
Goodell can prove himself here...Here's hoping for an 8+ game suspension.....being bumped down to misdemeanors doesn't change ANYTHING about what the guy actually has DONE. Forget legal ramifications, they're irrelevant to NFL punishments.

.....and simply owning guns with an illegal clip is so egregious that it requires and 8 game suspension? Come on Roland. Don't let your Niner hate get the best of you.

The law itself is a huge overreaction. It should never be a felony to simply possess a gun magazine with too many rounds.

Saying that the NFL should punish more than the law does is ridiculous.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I think 1-3, what was Marshawn for? 3? He had a felony gun charge an it wasnt confiscated in a house search. he got caught with a loaded weapon in a car. Just after he hit someone and got a DUI. I dont think much happened to him. I actually think hell get time served for the rehab and I love it! Jeez Josh Brent only got 90 days for killing someone, same with Donte Stallworth and same with Lenord Little. DUI across America are usually light sentences because they are so common. Its just the way it is in US. Move on and lets get to the Football. You should worry more about your D End Irvin who is looking more like a bust eveyday, also check out B Irvins backround. This guy is as big a criminal there is in the NFL. Hes only been busted for PED so far in the NFL, but just let nature take its course. Aldon is FREE!!!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":t6nsw382 said:

.....and simply owning guns with an illegal clip is so egregious that it requires and 8 game suspension? Come on Roland. Don't let your Niner hate get the best of you.

The law itself is a huge overreaction. It should never be a felony to simply possess a gun magazine with too many rounds.

Uh, I don't give a crap about the gun charges. It's the DUI incident that makes me very angry. There is no excuse ever for someone to drive while shitfaced like that and he's scum for doing it, AS ARE ANY SEAHAWKS THAT DO THE SAME THING.

I can't stand drunk drivers. They're selfish assholes, end of story.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Marvin49":2c480kix said:
RolandDeschain":2c480kix said:

meh, the law is the law. just because the punishment is exorbitant, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a somewhat harsh sentence.

regardless, owning a magazine with too many rounds is pretty crooked. i don't think the law itself is that big of a reaction

having said all of this, Aldon had the means to take advantage of the legal system, which is in his right.

just as it was in RS's right to get out of a suspension due to a technicality..

seahawks fans can't complain

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":kgd4l3wd said:
Marvin49":kgd4l3wd said:

Uh, I don't give a crap about the gun charges. It's the DUI incident that makes me very angry. There is no excuse ever for someone to drive while shitfaced like that and he's scum for doing it, AS ARE ANY SEAHAWKS THAT DO THE SAME THING.

I can't stand drunk drivers. They're selfish assholes, end of story.

I don't like DUI's either...

...but peeps here seem to forget he ALREADY MISSED 5 GAMES FOR THE DUI. He was in REHAB. That's MORE than the NFL would have mandated.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2gd8t2h5 said:
I think 1-3, what was Marshawn for? 3? He had a felony gun charge an it wasnt confiscated in a house search. he got caught with a loaded weapon in a car. Just after he hit someone and got a DUI. I dont think much happened to him. I actually think hell get time served for the rehab and I love it! Jeez Josh Brent only got 90 days for killing someone, same with Donte Stallworth and same with Lenord Little. DUI across America are usually light sentences because they are so common. Its just the way it is in US. Move on and lets get to the Football. You should worry more about your D End Irvin who is looking more like a bust eveyday, also check out B Irvins backround. This guy is as big a criminal there is in the NFL. Hes only been busted for PED so far in the NFL, but just let nature take its course. Aldon is FREE!!!
Yes look at the light sentences of all those pro athletes . However tell it to my uncle who died in jail serving out a 16 yr sentence for the same.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":1ihp2rpr said:
Marvin49":1ihp2rpr said:
RolandDeschain":1ihp2rpr said:

meh, the law is the law. just because the punishment is exorbitant, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a somewhat harsh sentence.

regardless, owning a magazine with too many rounds is pretty crooked. i don't think the law itself is that big of a reaction

having said all of this, Aldon had the means to take advantage of the legal system, which is in his right.

just as it was in RS's right to get out of a suspension due to a technicality..

seahawks fans can't complain

I'm just sayin...arguing that the NFL should punish harsher than the law seems kinda silly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ts53jrb said:
rlkats":3ts53jrb said:
peachesenregalia":3ts53jrb said:
Marvin49":3ts53jrb said:
No felony charges for guns, reduced to misdemeanors. Typical.

12 days in jail for Vehicle charges.

Probably a 6-game suspension from the league, I'm thinking.

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman · 11m
Sounds as if #49ers Aldon Smith NOT going to jail, can serve 12-day term on work crew, per @kaplanreport. Got 3 years court probation too

Sounds like its essentially 12 Mondays on a work crew...no time in the pokey.

Still a black eye on the league. Rog will give him 6-8 game suspension, I reckon.

Wow 12 days for DUI. Nothing for the guns. 3 years probation. Must be nice.

OK so my thought is. He skipped 6 games for "rehab" Goodell did say that will hold weight. No charges for the guns so basically no punishment there.

I'm thinking 4 games for the DUI. That's all. How bout them apples. Wish I was rich.

I think Seattle fans need to brace themselves for very little if any suspension. (and I know you are a Niner fan)

If there are now ZERO felonies in play, AND he already went to rehab on the DUI last year....
I won't be shocked, I've said all along Rog will give him a good talking too, the stink eye, and a slap on the wrist, and threaten Alldumb if he gets in anymore trouble Rog will be SUPER mad and make him sit out a preseason game or two.

Alldumb got the "Niner roll" from the prosecutor which isn't surprising coming from that office and how they "protect" that team and besides Rog has his back even if you "crap all over the shield".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
homerun1970":2dodvvm8 said:
Bob loblaw":2dodvvm8 said:
Yes look at the light sentences of all those pro athletes . However tell it to my uncle who died in jail serving out a 16 yr sentence for the same.
Your uncle wasn't a SF forty niner, they are above the law.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":3nlc2pp9 said:
You should worry more about your D End Irvin who is looking more like a bust eveyday

AJ Jenkins was taken by the 49ers in the first round of that draft.

Case Closed.