No more printed tickets

Riley12

Reaction score
drdiags":2b4d30bn said:
I don't know. For a couple grand the team can print out some stinking tickets. I can give them back those playing cards they sent as a ST gift. I understand the shipping and printing hassles are removed so if I were them I would do it as well but as the guy on the other end it just feels like I am getting it in the other end.

QFT

253hawk

Reaction score
Good. One less thing to have to worry about.

Plus, if it's anything like the way the 49ers have it set up, people won't be able to print out and sell them on StubHub or whatever until 72 hours before the game, so that should help curb scalping a little bit.

mikeak

Reaction score
253hawk":28gagihf said:
Good. One less thing to have to worry about.

Plus, if it's anything like the way the 49ers have it set up, people won't be able to print out and sell them on StubHub or whatever until 72 hours before the game, so that should help curb scalping a little bit.

1) I have no issue with electronic only.

2) IF they go the way of the 49ers that is BS for several reasons.
a) They want me to pay up-front for the whole season but then get delivery throughout - bs
b) they are not doing this to curb 3rd party prices. They are doing this to force you to sell through NFL ticket exchange which gives them kick-back
c) there will be a lawsuit. While people on this site doesn't like the 3rd party ticket market - sorry that is the free market place we live in.

EDIT: I Yes it takes out Stubhub but still allows personal transfer between accounts which doesn't require using NFL exchange. Any time I have sold my tickets I get the money via paypal and then transfer the electronic ticket. That is still possible but stubhub would basically no longer be an option. You can also do that transfer any time during the season just that the new owner of the ticket doesn't have the bar code until three days before.

We shall see if they go this route or not

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/ ... 499457.php