NO!!! Say it ain't so Jim ....... Tomsula

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3txa8whr said:
Marvin49":3txa8whr said:
hawknation2015":3txa8whr said:
Marvin49":3txa8whr said:
I know right? History has already been written. No way could the guy actually be able to coach. Nope. No way. Not when he speaks the way he does.

Its been pre-ordained that he'll fail miserably. Don't they know that?

Did you really predict 11 wins?

LMAO.

?

Perhaps on the PYMWYMI post on the 'zone where the whole point is to put in a number.

I didn't see it, but someone mentioned it in the Shack.

11 wins is pretty optimistic, Marvin. Some would say delusional.

Of course its optimistic. That was the point. Its wasn't meant all that seriously.

I find it amusing tho that peeps in the shack are talking about it. LOL.

ringless

Reaction score
Actually Marvin's prediction is the norm from what I can see over 65% believe that the 49ers will have a double digit win season this year. Somehow.....

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":fygzq1az said:
Actually Marvin's prediction is the norm from what I can see over 65% believe that the 49ers will have a double digit win season this year. Somehow.....

I think it's more hopeful thinking than actual prediction. I'd rather predict double digit wins and be wrong than predict 6-10 and give up.

Most Niner fans would tell you, as I have, that we really have no idea what to expect this year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":34ok5juy said:
ringless":34ok5juy said:

I think it's more hopeful thinking than actual prediction. I'd rather predict double digit wins and be wrong than predict 6-10 and give up.

Most Niner fans would tell you, as I have, that we really have no idea what to expect this year.

We all know what to expect from the niners this season, some are just in denial that expectations could be so low.

ringless

Reaction score
I will say that after the off-season last year and the injuries sustained (and suspension) before the season even started I didn't really think we would do better than 8 wins..... So you truly never know in this league...

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":3o6xv33r said:
I will say that after the off-season last year and the injuries sustained (and suspension) before the season even started I didn't really think we would do better than 8 wins..... So you truly never know in this league...

Bingo. Peeps keep saying "they won 8 games last year and they got worse, how could they win more games".

Pretty simple really. 17 players on IR. Shadow of Harbaugh impending departure all year.

Yeah, they lost Willis. Willis missed most of the year last year anyway and they never got Bowman for a down last year. Aldon missed 9 games. Aldon is back. Bowman is back.

Ya just never know. The only thing that's for sure is that we'll begin to find out in September.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rp54hmm said:
ringless":3rp54hmm said:

Bingo. Peeps keep saying "they won 8 games last year and they got worse, how could they win more games".

Pretty simple really. 17 players on IR. Shadow of Harbaugh impending departure all year.

Yeah, they lost Willis. Willis missed most of the year last year anyway and they never got Bowman for a down last year. Aldon missed 9 games. Aldon is back. Bowman is back.

Ya just never know. The only thing that's for sure is that we'll begin to find out in September.
But so is the Kraepper! :stirthepot:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3meqbihh said:
ringless":3meqbihh said:

California could be falling into the sea and Marv would be posting about how much stronger their players will be from all of the raft building that they'd endure.

Gotta hand it to you, Marv. If anything, you're consistent.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Laloosh":1bnu5eh9 said:
Marvin49":1bnu5eh9 said:
ringless":1bnu5eh9 said:

California could be falling into the sea and Marv would be posting about how much stronger their players will be from all of the raft building that they'd endure.

But underwater golf is the new in thing. :stirthepot:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2nh8il0w said:
Marvin49":2nh8il0w said:
ringless":2nh8il0w said:

Nah...I just don't assume the worst at all times like many nihilist Niner fans or Niner haters do.

They could very well suck hard this year. I'm just not assuming that from the start.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
what exactly are you holding your optimistic hat on that they wont suck? aside from fandom.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1qj65qb9 said:
Laloosh":1qj65qb9 said:

Nah...I just don't assume the worst at all times like many nihilist Niner fans or Niner haters do.

They could very well suck hard this year. I'm just not assuming that from the start.

:th2thumbs:

For what it's worth, I hope they get off to a great start before they start sucking hard. I'll actually get a good laugh at the panic around here, the bravado over there and the crash that follows.

Could go the same here but man, I'm riding this wave until it slams me into the rocks. Been too long.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1v2s7uez said:
what exactly are you holding your optimistic hat on that they wont suck? aside from fandom.

That ain't hard. Just want to state for the record that I was asked and that's why I'm answering in detail.

They lost some guys, but they still have a lot of talent on the team.

Kap, Boldin, Vernon, Staley, Bowman, Aldon, Reid, Bethea, Boone....all good players still on the roster.

They've added Reggie Bush, Torrey Smith, and Jerome Simpson all for speed on offense. The plan is to move much closer to the offense they ran in 2012 and not the one they've run the last few years. That offense is very similar to what the Seahawks have been running the last few years....Pistol, heavy play action, deep passing, read/option.

Guys they lost? Iupati? Was never going to be resigned and has underperformed the last few years. Team also moving to more of a ZBS so would have been a bit out of place. Drafted Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas last year in anticipation of losing him.

Gore? That's why they drafted Carlos Hyde, Kendall Hunter, and a host of others over the last few years.

Crabtree? Shadow of himself post Achilles. Just couldn't get open. Smith is an upgrade there.

Willis and Borland? Both hurt but played the same position. Wilhoite quietly played very well last year in 16 games and Bowman is back.

Justin Smith? Not unexpected. They've been drafting to replace him for several years. Time for those guys to perform. Also signed Dockett this year and Dorsey last year.

No more suspension for Aldon. Aaron Lynch looked pretty good last year. Hyde looked good last year. Tank Carradine looked like he was becoming a good pass rusher late last year.

Harbaugh? No Idea what to expect from Tomsula, but peeps who discount him because he had a bad press conference are ludicrous. The players love him. He was a known commodity in the coaching world. I know very little about Chryst and I'm not sure about mangini, but I like all of the position coaches.

So...to answer your question, it ain't all doom and gloom by the bay. A time of change for certain and I dunno if that means 6-10 or 10-6, but peeps who make out like it's a forgone conclusion that the Niners tank this year really know nothing more than name players who aren't there anymore. Those name players became names because they got a shot. Now a new group of players will get that shot. Some will work out, some won't...but it should be fun to watch and see the new breed of 49ers this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":34fhgsw0 said:
Marvin49":34fhgsw0 said:
Laloosh":34fhgsw0 said:

For what it's worth, I hope they get off to a great start before they start sucking hard. I'll actually get a good laugh at the panic around here, the bravado over there and the crash that follows.

Could go the same here but man, I'm riding this wave until it slams me into the rocks. Been too long.

Well, I'm also a Warriors fan...so I understand riding the wave. I've been on cloud nine since last night. :) Its funny....I was about 35 years old and I'd never seen my Giants or Warriors win a Championship (I was 2 when the Warriors won last).

My oldest son is 8 and he's now seen the Giants win 3 times and the Warriors win once. To him, Giant and Warrior Championships are NORMAL. :D

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":6xvc2abo said:
Laloosh":6xvc2abo said:
Marvin49":6xvc2abo said:
Laloosh":6xvc2abo said:

Well, I'm also a Warriors fan...so I understand riding the wave. I've been on cloud nine since last night. :) Its funny....I was about 35 years old and I'd never seen my Giants or Warriors win a Championship (I was 2 when the Warriors won last).

My oldest son is 8 and he's now seen the Giants win 3 times and the Warriors win once. To him, Giant and Warrior Championships are NORMAL. :D

Enjoy these Giants/Warriors Championships, great organizations with fantastic COACHING, because it's going to be a hell of a long time before the Whiners make it back to the playoffs with a York at the helm.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2qj4axt4 said:
Marvin49":2qj4axt4 said:
Laloosh":2qj4axt4 said:
Marvin49":2qj4axt4 said:

Enjoy these Giants/Warriors Championships, great organizations with fantastic COACHING, because it's going to be a hell of a long time before the Whiners make it back to the playoffs with a York at the helm.

I know...I mean its not like the Warriors would ever fire their popular coach and hire a rookie coach and its not like York has ever had any success hiring HCs.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":3mvqqjou said:
hawknation2015":3mvqqjou said:
Marvin49":3mvqqjou said:
Laloosh":3mvqqjou said:

I know...I mean its not like the Warriors would ever fire their popular coach and hire a rookie coach and its not like York has ever had any success hiring HCs.

LOL at your attempt to compare Tomfoola to Steve Kerr. Or Jed York to Joe Lacob. Or the 49ers level of talent to the Warriors. :1:

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3k78f5j3 said:
Marvin49":3k78f5j3 said:
hawknation2015":3k78f5j3 said:
Marvin49":3k78f5j3 said:

LOL at your attempt to compare Tomfoola to Steve Kerr. Or Jed York to Joe Lacob. Or the 49ers level of talent to the Warriors. :1:

I know...they are only all my favorite teams. What would I know compared to the almighty Seattle fan. How's your NBA team doin' BTW? What's that? Oh...my bad. Too soon?

You guys are funny. I'm not the one making any definitive statements yet somehow I'm the delusional one. Apparently, not blindly taking your guys or the medias word for it in June makes me a homer. Whatever. :roll:

They haven't played a down. Stop acting like you already know how it all plays out when they haven't playing a single down of football. Just makes you look foolish. I've already said there was a good chance they'll suck. I guess that's just not good enough. I need to be crying in the dirt in order for you to be satisfied.

Sorry...ain't gonna happen. I've seen WAY, WAY, WAY too much football to concede in June. There are way too many young players I'm looking forward to seeing get a shot this year to not be excited about the upcoming season.

Also should be noted that Warriors fans hated Lacob when he traded Monta and weren't too happy when he fired Jackson.

Some were pretty upset they didn't trade Thompson for Love....but looks like all of that worked out. Revisionist history...peeps see success and determine that they were all the obvious choices when they were made.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":cga0qot0 said:
I know...they are only all my favorite teams. What would I know compared to the almighty Seattle fan. How's your NBA team doin' BTW? What's that? Oh...my bad. Too soon?

You guys are funny. I'm not the one making any definitive statements yet somehow I'm the delusional one. Apparently, not blindly taking your guys or the medias word for it in June makes me a homer. Whatever. :roll:

They haven't played a down. Stop acting like you already know how it all plays out when they haven't playing a single down of football. Just makes you look foolish. I've already said there was a good chance they'll suck. I guess that's just not good enough. I need to be crying in the dirt in order for you to be satisfied.

Sorry...ain't gonna happen. I've seen WAY, WAY, WAY too much football to concede in June. There are way too many young players I'm looking forward to seeing get a shot this year to not be excited about the upcoming season.

Also should be noted that Warriors fans hated Lacob when he traded Monta and weren't too happy when he fired Jackson.

Some were pretty upset they didn't trade Thompson for Love....but looks like all of that worked out. Revisionist history...peeps see success and determine that they were all the obvious choices when they were made.

The Supersonics have just as many championships in the last 40 years as your Oakland Warriors do. I hear you're finally getting them back to the other side of the bridge next year...congrats. I guess they were too cheap to move really far away. That explains four decades of suckage. Nice to see the niners following suit and being too cheap to move too far away.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":hlpcwfh1 said:
Marvin49":hlpcwfh1 said:

The Supersonics have just as many championships in the last 40 years as your Oakland Warriors do. I hear you're finally getting them back to the other side of the bridge next year...congrats. I guess they were too cheap to move really far away. That explains four decades of suckage. Nice to see the niners following suit and being too cheap to move too far away.

Wait....I gotta do it....man, are you bragging about dusty trophies right now? Isn't THAT ironic. :D For a team playing in another city and with a different name no less.

Too cheap to move really far away? :34853_doh: Oh come on. That's just a poor effort right there.