NO!!! Say it ain't so Jim ....... Tomsula

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":2yddb8ys said:
Wait....I gotta do it....man, are you bragging about dusty trophies right now? Isn't THAT ironic. :D For a team playing in another city and with a different name no less.

Too cheap to move really far away? :34853_doh: Oh come on. That's just a poor effort right there.

I'm surprised you haven't jumped ship to the Oakland Raiders already after the BEAT DOWN they put on your pathetic excuse for a team. Now that they have the superior coaching staff, I can't see that gap getting any smaller.

Kappick

This is probably a good time to point out that it's been a league record 64 games and counting since the Seahawks lost a game by as many points as the Whiners lost to the Raiders. 2nd longest streak in league history is only 45 games. :D

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3h4meni0 said:
rideaducati":3h4meni0 said:
Marvin49":3h4meni0 said:
I know...they are only all my favorite teams. What would I know compared to the almighty Seattle fan. How's your NBA team doin' BTW? What's that? Oh...my bad. Too soon?

You guys are funny. I'm not the one making any definitive statements yet somehow I'm the delusional one. Apparently, not blindly taking your guys or the medias word for it in June makes me a homer. Whatever. :roll:

They haven't played a down. Stop acting like you already know how it all plays out when they haven't playing a single down of football. Just makes you look foolish. I've already said there was a good chance they'll suck. I guess that's just not good enough. I need to be crying in the dirt in order for you to be satisfied.

Sorry...ain't gonna happen. I've seen WAY, WAY, WAY too much football to concede in June. There are way too many young players I'm looking forward to seeing get a shot this year to not be excited about the upcoming season.

Also should be noted that Warriors fans hated Lacob when he traded Monta and weren't too happy when he fired Jackson.

Some were pretty upset they didn't trade Thompson for Love....but looks like all of that worked out. Revisionist history...peeps see success and determine that they were all the obvious choices when they were made.

The Supersonics have just as many championships in the last 40 years as your Oakland Warriors do. I hear you're finally getting them back to the other side of the bridge next year...congrats. I guess they were too cheap to move really far away. That explains four decades of suckage. Nice to see the niners following suit and being too cheap to move too far away.

Wait....I gotta do it....man, are you bragging about dusty trophies right now? Isn't THAT ironic. :D For a team playing in another city and with a different name no less.

Too cheap to move really far away? :34853_doh: Oh come on. That's just a poor effort right there.

Never was a Sonics fan. Just saw my opportunity to look as stupid as niner fan and thought I'd try it... It's not a good thing.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":bqqg3say said:
You guys are funny. I'm not the one making any definitive statements yet somehow I'm the delusional one.

No, you just make passive-aggresive comparisons to great coaches and teams and couch them behind weasel words, then complain for being razzed about it on a Seahawks board. It's quite entertaining.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":2mwslj2a said:
How's your NBA team doin' BTW? What's that? Oh...my bad. Too soon?

You are a piece of crap for going there. You should apologize. That was unnecessary and uncalled for. The Sonics leaving caused so much pain and there was nothing we could do to stop it. My dad was a season ticket holder since 1979 and took me to hundreds of games. He died too young in 2012 and I miss him like crazy, but some of my best memories are attending games with him. I have not watched a single minute of an NBA game since they left and he refused to watch as well. Think about that for a second. One of my favorite sports and I don't get to watch it because of my disdain for the NBA and what they did to a city that supported them well for 40 years. I almost sent you a PM telling you congrats on the Warriors but now I am really glad I didn't.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It's a simplistic comparison, but I get a Jim Mora vibe from Tomsula.

I won't be surprised if the Niners eke out 8 wins on Kaepernick's legs, should they actually use them as weapons. I also will not be stunned if they lose 11, or more. The O-line has question marks, the secondary is a bit of a question mark, and they lost a lot of soul this year. Smith, Willis...How do you replace that? Yeah, Harbs was an ass, but how do you replace his in game instincts?

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3q8e8db3 said:
Marvin49":3q8e8db3 said:
How's your NBA team doin' BTW? What's that? Oh...my bad. Too soon?

You are a piece of crap for going there. You should apologize. That was unnecessary and uncalled for. The Sonics leaving caused so much pain and there was nothing we could do to stop it. My dad was a season ticket holder since 1979 and took me to hundreds of games. He died too young in 2012 and I miss him like crazy, but some of my best memories are attending games with him. I have not watched a single minute of an NBA game since they left and he refused to watch as well. Think about that for a second. One of my favorite sports and I don't get to watch it because of my disdain for the NBA and what they did to a city that supported them well for 40 years. I almost sent you a PM telling you congrats on the Warriors but now I am really glad I didn't.

Sorry about your pops man, that sucks. My dad is the reason I became a sports fan as well. I remember he took me to see Willie McCoveys final game at Candlestick.

Relax on the rest tho. It was a joke. I have a thick skin and it gets tested quite a bit in here. That ain't a complaint mind you...just sayin I'm giving far less than I'm getting. Don't get so bent out of shape so easily.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":3c9fqulw said:
Marvin49":3c9fqulw said:
You guys are funny. I'm not the one making any definitive statements yet somehow I'm the delusional one.

No, you just make passive-aggresive comparisons to great coaches and teams and couch them behind weasel words, then complain for being razzed about it on a Seahawks board. It's quite entertaining.

Glad we are both entertained then. :D

I suppose then that I should only compare Tomsula to bad coaches then simply because ya'll have already decided he'll be one of those, correct? My bad for not conceding his entire tenure will be a failure before it starts.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3tds4mi6 said:

I won't be surprised if the Niners eke out 8 wins on Kaepernick's legs, should they actually use them as weapons. I also will not be stunned if they lose 11, or more. The O-line has question marks, the secondary is a bit of a question mark, and they lost a lot of soul this year. Smith, Willis...How do you replace that? Yeah, Harbs was an ass, but how do you replace his in game instincts?

No question...losing Willis, Justin, and Harbaugh sucks.

Thing is tho...WIllis didn't play much last year either. He got hurt and missed a large stretch the year before as well. Justin hurts, but I think his loss is much more in the locker room than on the field. His play had fallen off quite a bit the last two years...and that part of why he retired.

Harbaugh...yeah...that's a tough one. To be honest, it isn't so much Harbaughs loss that worries me, its Vic Fangios.

Harbaugh had really worn out his welcome. I think he's just one of those guys that won't stay long anywhere. Don't get me wrong...I wanted him to stay and thought he would, but I think at some point his approach simply wore out the team and ownership. Moreover, he seemed married to OC Greg Roman, and I think that was a BIG part of the problem. The 49ers seem to be moving much more toward the offense the team ran in 2012 and that's why they kept Chryst. That's why Jed said they got away from who they were.

Firing Roman was never an option because Harbaugh would never have done it. I legitimately think the offense will be much better this season with more Zone-Blocking, more play action, more read/option, more deep passing....basically what the Seahawks have been doing the last few years. I know you are saying that they might have trouble on the O-Line and you may be right there, but I think they are making a real shift to the ZBS anyway so there would have been an adjustment regardless. Iupati really didn't fit that scheme. No idea how good a pro he'll be, but Brandon Thomas would seem to fit that scheme much better. That's also why they appear to have interest in Evan Mathis. They Still have Staley, Boone and Kilgore.

Defense tho....BIG question mark.

From personnel standpoint, its not as huge an exodus as some think. Below are the projected starters to start last year assuming there were no injuries or suspensions.

DB: Brock-Culliver-Bethea-Reid. Only Culliver is gone. Competition between about 5 guys for the position.

LB: Aldon-Willis-Bowman-Brooks. Only Willis is gone, replaced by Wilhoite who started 16 games last year.

D-Line: McDonald-Williams-Smith. This is where the real change is. We'll see how the younger guys perform. Looking right now like it'll be Dorsey-Williams-Dial with Carradine and Dockett coming in on passing downs.

The real question tho is Mangini. No idea what he'll bring. Vic was fantastic...that's a BIG loss.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":14oa36px said:
Marvin49":14oa36px said:

I'm surprised you haven't jumped ship to the Oakland Raiders already after the BEAT DOWN they put on your pathetic excuse for a team. Now that they have the superior coaching staff, I can't see that gap getting any smaller.

Kappick

This is probably a good time to point out that it's been a league record 64 games and counting since the Seahawks lost a game by as many points as the Whiners lost to the Raiders. 2nd longest streak in league history is only 45 games. :D

Really? The "jumping ship to the Raiders" lameness again? Come on. You can do better than that. Give it another shot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3fqip6na said:
hawknation2015":3fqip6na said:
Marvin49":3fqip6na said:

Kappick

Really? The "jumping ship to the Raiders" lameness again? Come on. You can do better than that. Give it another shot.
Have to say with the Sonics shot you took, you kind of had the Oakland comment coming.
When you lose a team you loved and supported since you were a kid, due to a corrupt league and a corrupt owner, then get back to us. I'll leave it there, before I get myself in trouble by saying anything more.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1esye3lt said:

All of those things hurt, but what will truly devastate the 49ers next season will be their inability to run the football. They lost one of the very best run blocking guards in the NFL to FA, and also one of the best run blocking right tackles to retirement. They lost Frank Gore too. And Carlos Hyde has people concerned that he might be injury prone. They lost Harbaugh/Roman and all the creative OL package creativity that helped them dominate in the running game.

This is especially troubling when you consider that Baalke and York have answered almost every press conference question with 'run the ball.'

The insistence on running the ball, despite having precious little ability to do it (outside of Kaepernick), will remind us of the Greg Knapp days. I'm expecting a bottom five offense for SF in 2015.

RE: All the retirements. You get the feeling that the team has quit on Tomsula before his tenure has even begun. I've never seen a team that quit on their coach and could run the football.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3rd4ms1e said:
Marvin49":3rd4ms1e said:
hawknation2015":3rd4ms1e said:
Marvin49":3rd4ms1e said:

Kappick

Have to say with the Sonics shot you took, you kind of had the Oakland comment coming.
When you lose a team you loved and supported since you were a kid, due to a corrupt league and a corrupt owner, then get back to us. I'll leave it there, before I get myself in trouble by saying anything more.

Not sayin' I didn't deserve a shot....was just expecting a better one than that. :D

Weadoption

Reaction score
Man I miss me some "Sonic Boom". Payton was frickin amazing to watch in person.
Used to get free tix to the Seattle Center through work when I was TDY up there from time to time.
The beers and the bars afterwards, the girls.
It is insane that town dosent have an NBA team. Really.

Maulbert

Reaction score
1486678_813898135376189_5308086939586688551_n.jpg

Hey, Marv, that's a picture of Steve Kerr. Notice anything about it? *cough*SHIRT*cough*

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1y1i7mky said:

Hey, Marv, that's a picture of Steve Kerr. Notice anything about it? *cough*SHIRT*cough*
Oh no he didn't........LMAO.................... Can't wait for the spin..... 8)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":4cqqpe9c said:
Scottemojo":4cqqpe9c said:

All of those things hurt, but what will truly devastate the 49ers next season will be their inability to run the football. They lost one of the very best run blocking guards in the NFL to FA, and also one of the best run blocking right tackles to retirement. They lost Frank Gore too. And Carlos Hyde has people concerned that he might be injury prone. They lost Harbaugh/Roman and all the creative OL package creativity that helped them dominate in the running game.

This is especially troubling when you consider that Baalke and York have answered almost every press conference question with 'run the ball.'

The insistence on running the ball, despite having precious little ability to do it (outside of Kaepernick), will remind us of the Greg Knapp days. I'm expecting a bottom five offense for SF in 2015.

RE: All the retirements. You get the feeling that the team has quit on Tomsula before his tenure has even begun. I've never seen a team that quit on their coach and could run the football.
Way to sum up what I think. Ultimately, the team quit on Mora. Naysayers said you can't fire a coach after one year, give Mora a chance, and saying the team quit on him was a guaranteed fight, but enough of them did that it was embarrassing to watch. Pete saw it too, the guys he got rid of the next year were pretty much all the go through the motions quitters. Tomsula talks pretty big about all the things the Niners are going to do, as did Mora, but he was part of the staff that had players go through the motions last year as the season wound down, as was Mora, and all the big talk meant nothing. I half expect Tomsula to drop more dirtbags into a rant.

How they run scheme is one of the things that has me curious. The Niners are a must watch for me this year just because I am so interested in how they run scheme without Roman/Harbaugh. I know Solari got some credit for what happened there, but the unusual formations, alignments, and tight splits the Niners ran messed with teams that didn't play them often, just like it used to when facing Stanford. And a healthy Iupati is a run blocking force, the guy could pull with a TE and open a lane a truck could drive through. I understand why Marvin wants to drink the koolaid, season tickets feel damn expensive if you are certain your team sucks, but thinking that team got better requires bending logic to hope.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Maulbert":3and5igo said:

Oh, I'm sure it's just got all 32 team logos on it. We can't definitively prove otherwise, can we?

There Marv, saved you a post.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":4r1g74pd said:

Who cares? He won the Dubs a title, I couldn't care less what football team he likes.