Not to dilute the doom and gloom around here but...

Laloosh

Reaction score
My daughter really enjoyed attending her very first Seahawks game last night (despite the loss) and I can't thank CALIHawk enough, for selling two tickets to a fellow .netter at face value.

Was going to take my son (7 yrs) but he decided that video games were MUCH more important this weekend.

Headed downtown early in order to be at The Lodge on King Street by 8:00 for a nice breakfast, a bloody marry and some pre-game for the early games. Chatting with a Seahawk fan who was sporting a Miami Dolphins jersey for a while then we were off to the pro shop followed by a trip to Touchdown City (again, thanks to fellow .netters for the suggestions).

By the time we left TD City, my daughter had blue and green hair and a very nice feathered face painting rocking. Headed up to our section about an hour before kick off, grabbed some Ivars from the family friendly line on the upper level concourse, chatted with a few fans and then headed for our seats.

Her first sighting of the field came from the 300 level tunnel to the concourse and the usher literally had to gesture for her to get moving because she was really in awe of the stadium. I let her sit for a minute and sort of take it in. Then we hiked up to our seats.

Have to say that I was very proud. She nearly lost her voice. Loud every down of defense and quiet as a mouse on offense. She was asking question about what the various penalty signals were (unfortunately she saw more than a few) and why certain things happened throughout the game. This is a girl that I couldn't get to sit and watch a game with me on television if I tried.

After the game, we were disappointed by the loss but we sat up there for at least 20 minutes after the game ended just talking about the game and how much fun we'd had and on the way out, we paused on the stadium steps for several minutes and just watched the crowd filing out into the city in various directions, talking about how much fun it must be to do this on a regular basis (win or lose).

I know a lot of people are really pissed off about how the game went down but let me tell you something, Seattle fans. We've got it pretty good right now. Win or lose, we have a really cool football team and my 10 year old daughter was feeling it.

Steve2222

Reaction score
My first game coincidentally was at the Kingdome in 1995 (7 years old as well) against the same Cardinals team. A Rick Mirer led Seahawks team lost that day.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks for putting everything back into perspective. We don't always have to win to be winners. Sorry your son missed out but happy for your girl. I'll bet he's ready next time.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Fantastic Loosh. Did you wear your 12-2 Jersey. LOL.
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":kovcthb8 said:
Her first sighting of the field came from the 300 level tunnel to the concourse and the usher literally had to gesture for her to get moving because she was really in awe of the stadium. I let her sit for a minute and sort of take it in. Then we hiked up to our seats.

Ah man, good times. She'll probably remember that for the rest of her life. She won't remember who won or lost, just her first game.

I still remember my first glimpse of the field at the Kingdome... walking out of that tunnel with the lights and seeing it... magic.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Yeah I so agree about the breathtaking part. I sat in the Hawks nest on the game I attended, and accending those steps and seing the field was just breathtaking.

Laloosh can you at least change your avatar when the playoffs start? ;)

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":22rzuqrl said:
Laloosh can you at least change your avatar when the playoffs start? ;)

Better?

nsport

Reaction score
Same story! My daughter's first game as well (Allison's 11) - all decked out in her Wilson jersey! We went to the Expo Center and did all the activities, then off to get lunch then back to the stadium. we were in the Hawks Nest and had a great time...

admin-ajax.jpg

drdiags

Reaction score
My son donated my tickets to a co-worker who wanted to take his 7 yro son to a Seahawks game. Too bad it was to see a loss but I am sure the father and son will still be able to talk about it for the rest of their lives. So my son gets to be the hero and all I get is a lousy tee shirt (j/k, I got nothing and liked it).

Cool story LaLoosh. Thanks for sharing.