Number of times sacked

davidonmi

Reaction score
it's sort of a misleading stat because a lot of the sacks are inconsequential 1-3 yard losses.

That said Sweezy and the rotation at RT got worked today

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
davidonmi":33yr8bds said:
it's sort of a misleading stat because a lot of the sacks are inconsequential 1-3 yard losses.

yes they did get worked. i understand, bottom line is wilson is getting killed. its not even the half way point and wilson has kissed the grass 30 times. i dont care how you slice it. its a lot. it needs to get fixed.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Lol I had the exact same thought this game. Russ is coming for you David... another record for Russell :happydrunks:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":1nxt8kfd said:
Bailey and Jean Pierre will cut down this number
Did you see Bailey in this game? He came in after halftime and immediately and consistently let his guy run right by him to hit Russ.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":ilq9p1zh said:

Bailey added to the number by at least two tonight.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
davidonmi":304ksc34 said:

Ya they did...Right side got beat the bleep up tonight. Wilson stepped up a few times and STILL got sacked because the DE beat them so bad

Hawks46

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":1pn7dtf5 said:

It's comical that you say that.

After watching this game, I wonder how Bailey is even in the NFL at this point.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":26yqhnet said:
davidonmi":26yqhnet said:

Ya they did...Right side got beat the bleep up tonight. Wilson stepped up a few times and STILL got sacked because the DE beat them so bad
Someone mentioned in another thread that Sweezy had grass stains on his back...that about sums up what was happening on the right side.

Fade

Reaction score
There is nothing that can be done at RT whoever they put there will get worked. So I say keep rolling out Gilliam and hope he gets better.

Britt at LG is torturous to watch. For the love of god please put Glow, Lem, move Nowak to LG Lem to C, anything just don't play Britt anymore. He is the Kelly Jennings of O-Lineman.

I hope the Seahawks don't give Sweezy any significant money in the off season, $2M would be the max, if another team wants to give him $5M APY or whatever be my guest it will be like Byron Maxwell all over again (overpaid).

Rob12

Reaction score
Was Britt really that bad tonight?

I didn't get to watch the game as closely as I usually do. What I noticed the most was Bailey looking like anything but an NFL offensive lineman. Sweezy was brutal as well. He is absolutely terrible.

We need to let Sweezy walk. He's stood out at times in the run game but is nothing more than an average Guard. If the Seahawks can ink him to a team friendly deal, I'm good with that, but if another team swoops in and offers him anything north of $2M a season, let him go. He's really not that good. At all. I'd bet that Glowinski will be much better.

We have to do something about this line in the offseason. FA, and early draft capital. If Cable even mentions a defensive lineman that he wants to convert, kick him out of the room.

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
You guys have lost your marbles if you don't want Sweezy resigned. He has been our best OL this year and he is playing next to a terrible RT and a struggling C. It's pretty obvious Glowinski isn't worth a crap or he would be there in place of a terrible Britt. So next year we lose Sweezy and Okung and everyone will be whining and crying about why we let them walk. Didn't everyone here hate Breno and Carp too?? You can't keep losing OL every year.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Our linemen are much too eager to get to the second level. Britt and Sweezy are primary offenders.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":3rc5plv2 said:
Disagree about Bailey. He got beat 2X last night and RW got sacked on both plays. Nowhere near a step up from Gilliam.

I like Lewis better than LJP at C myself.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It hasn’t been often that you’ve been able to give the Seattle Seahawks’ offensive line any praise this season, but last night their work in the run game, particularly from Russell Okung (+5.5) and Justin Britt (+1.6), was credit-worthy. Both earned run block grades of +3.0 or higher on the night, clearing a path for Marshawn Lynch (+2.8) and Thomas Rawls (-1.2) to gain 97 yards on 13 carries off left guard or wider last night.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -off-edge/

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1x0hmv9u said:
It hasn’t been often that you’ve been able to give the Seattle Seahawks’ offensive line any praise this season, but last night their work in the run game, particularly from Russell Okung (+5.5) and Justin Britt (+1.6), was credit-worthy. Both earned run block grades of +3.0 or higher on the night, clearing a path for Marshawn Lynch (+2.8) and Thomas Rawls (-1.2) to gain 97 yards on 13 carries off left guard or wider last night.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -off-edge/
Run blocking was much better last night.

Latest posts