O.B. Schofield

hawks02

Reaction score
I am loving the production from O.B. He seems to be overlooked though. I keep hearing about a lot of the other guys on the D-Line, but I don't hear much love for Schofield. I think he was a hell of a pick up, I just hope his PT doesn't get squeezed to bad when everyone comes back.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Yeah, he's been impressive. I couldn't believe the pressure he was getting against that excellent San Francisco OL. He's probably earned a spot in the regular rotation.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He keeps it up he'll probably make Avril or Clemons expendable this offseason...

I feel like a blow hard saying that, cuz I love Clemons and like Avril.

ErikG803

Reaction score
It blows my mind that a team like Arizona could just let him go like they did

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
ErikG803":f44l1b2f said:

crazy ha!! he wasn't making that much money and its not like AZ is stacked at DE's. Either way its great to have a player from division rival who you know will play lights out when we play AZ.

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
ErikG803":2bfr4ab7 said:

crazy ha!! he wasn't making that much money and its not like AZ is stacked at DE's. Either way its great to have a player from division rival who you know will play lights out when we play AZ.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Dawg, how'd you double post after 2 responses and nearly a half hour in between??!

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
His issue at Arizona was never his production on the field, it was health. As long as he stays healthy he should be a productive force on the D line.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Throwdown":1awx71v5 said:
He keeps it up he'll probably make Avril or Clemons expendable this offseason...

I feel like a blow hard saying that, cuz I love Clemons and like Avril.

If Avril does what he did against SF, I'd rather have him than Schofield.

Going to be some tough decisions next year if Clemons comes on strong from his recovery.

seabowl

Reaction score
Next year. Bennett, Schofield, Irvin. Use the savings on Avril and Clemens to resign Boom and others.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think this Clemmons last year regardless of his production this year. He got a good deal last year and will have fulfilled 2 of 3 years. His age and larger salary will make him expendable. I think if you've got Avril, Schofield and Mayowa (to develop) we'll be just as good and be much more cap friendly. (Speaking of Mayowa- He had a chance @ 2 sacks in week 1. I hope he gets to play this weekend) I forsee a number of backups getting quality playing time this weekend against jacksonville-- Bowie, Bailey, Mayowa,ect.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Add in Scruggs who's on IR, that's a lot of pressure. I think we hit on McDaniel too but we'll have to see if he can be a force all season.

McGruff

Reaction score
Schofield is this year's Joe Jurevicious . . . The guy added at the last minute that n one pays attention to until he becomes a key cog in our Superbowl run.