Off the hook?

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":2ltdv7iw said:
Largent80":2ltdv7iw said:
nash72":2ltdv7iw said:
You are probably a decent guy, but I have NEVER seen anything positive in any of your posts.

Lol. Your probably right. I'm a pessimist and get it honestly. I'll never get over SB49 and I dont feel the coaching staff should ever be forgiven for such a horrible play call. Its inexcusable. I have issues with Pete Carroll anyways. I realize he won us a superbowl, but i've never liked him and I feel the team is headed in the wrong direction right now. Unfortunately I dont think Carroll is a good enough coach to right the ship. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

He already "righted the ship". I wouldn't exactly say he has been a failure for the past 5 years and neither would most other coaches and teams league wide.

Every team needs to replace players, it's the nature of the game. Atlanta had NE's ass kicked yesterday but they let them come back. Sound familiar?....We had them beaten as well. It isn't the coaches fault, but scapegoats are needed, and yes, everyone makes mistakes, that includes you and I.

bandiger

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/828627287348219906[/tweet]

Until Bevell admits he screwed up, team won't get past it. :stirthepot:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawks are off the hook for 49 when they win another Super Bowl. No game that does not involve them should have any impact on them whatsoever. I struggle with the logic to be honest.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
bandiger":25kwf0sw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/828627287348219906[/tweet]

Until Bevell admits he screwed up, team won't get past it. :stirthepot:
Wrong! And way to sabotage this thread.

captSE

Reaction score
This is the kind of S**t I expect to hear out of Joe Buck or a Chris Collinsworth. Don't pollute this page.

nash72

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1s1beh27 said:
nash72":1s1beh27 said:
Largent80":1s1beh27 said:
nash72":1s1beh27 said:
You are probably a decent guy, but I have NEVER seen anything positive in any of your posts.

Lol. Your probably right. I'm a pessimist and get it honestly. I'll never get over SB49 and I dont feel the coaching staff should ever be forgiven for such a horrible play call. Its inexcusable. I have issues with Pete Carroll anyways. I realize he won us a superbowl, but i've never liked him and I feel the team is headed in the wrong direction right now. Unfortunately I dont think Carroll is a good enough coach to right the ship. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Funny. I felt that way about Holmgren. Carroll is the opposite for me. I like almost every move he makes with this team. BTW I don't feel it was a horrible play call. Just a horrible outcome. Nobody would have criticized or even looked twice if it worked.

We definitely have different opinions. With Holmgren, I never worried about us being outcoached. Unfortunately for him, the team took a huge nosedive when Hutchinson bailed and we couldnt recover. Think about those teams. Hass was good but never great, the receivers constantly dropping passes, a mediocre vanilla defense, and an awesome left side offensive line with Shaun Alexander. He took that to a superbowl.

With Carroll, I see us getting outcoached all the time. He just does stupid things when they arent needed. What Pete is though, is an excellent judge of talent and a great defensive mind. If he would hire a competent OC and just stay away from the offense all together, I think half of our problems would be solved. Also about that play, there was nothing right about it. It played to every weakness that the team had. It couldnt have been worse actually. Even if it would have worked, it would have been a bad play. The jump ball pass to Matthews for that TD in the same game was a horrible call and it worked. Should never have done that and taken the field goal, but thats Pete. Ever the guy that takes chances and does stupid, cute stuff when normal rational would suffice.

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":8yx6y730 said:
He already "righted the ship". I wouldn't exactly say he has been a failure for the past 5 years and neither would most other coaches and teams league wide.

Every team needs to replace players, it's the nature of the game. Atlanta had NE's ass kicked yesterday but they let them come back. Sound familiar?....We had them beaten as well. It isn't the coaches fault, but scapegoats are needed, and yes, everyone makes mistakes, that includes you and I.

Yes he did in the beginning. He formed a formidable defense, got Lynch, and was very lucky that Wilson panned out. The team was stacked. Now that we lost some players and the stars we do have has regressed some, we find ourselves struggling and I feel better coaching could overcome it. What worked in 2013 isnt working now and Pete cant or wont adapt. For those of you that are happily content with winning a horrid division and getting bounced out of the playoffs as a wildcard team, by all means continue wearing the rose colored glasses. I would like to win another superbowl or two while we still have Wilson.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yep.. two years removed from back to back Super Bowls and now the Seahawks are regressing to mediocre...

nash72

Reaction score
Uncle Si":sq49g6gj said:
Yep.. two years removed from back to back Super Bowls and now the Seahawks are regressing to mediocre...

Good, you see the pattern too.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1naio61h said:

The free fall is sad to watch really. :sarcasm_off:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nash72":3rcga1x8 said:
Uncle Si":3rcga1x8 said:

Yes... you're not very difficult to read.

nash72

Reaction score
sdog1981":3t3aoml7 said:
Uncle Si":3t3aoml7 said:

Getting pummeled by Green Bay and destroyed by the Falcons in the playoffs was sad to watch. Theres more of that to come though.

nash72

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ah34cs7 said:
nash72":2ah34cs7 said:
Uncle Si":2ah34cs7 said:

Yes... you're not very difficult to read.

People with common sense usually arent.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nash72":2qt424hf said:
sdog1981":2qt424hf said:
Uncle Si":2qt424hf said:

Getting pummeled by Green Bay and destroyed by the Falcons in the playoffs was sad to watch. Theres more of that to come though.

so.. for the first time... ever.. since PC took over the Hawks lose a couple games by more than 9 points and you're just convinced that its more a precursor than an outlier?

it's so easy to focus on simple.. so I'll let you have at it. I will say it's awfully hypocritical to assume some fans have "rose tinted glasses" on while you do the exact same thing, focusing on two games, and assume the worst. That's "common sense?" Oh my...

Noone likes losing.. but this is the first off season PC has had to make major adjustments. If any coach in this franchise's history has earned an offseason to see what he can do, it would be him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If anything, it is more damning a decision.

Even with the Tom Brady, one of the greatest QBs of all time, inside the 3 they run the ball.

Pats OC clearly smarter than ours.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15w842cm said:

Even with the Tom Brady, one of the greatest QBs of all time, inside the 3 they run the ball.

they tried a throw first and it was almost intercepted

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2hv4bcfj said:
TwistedHusky":2hv4bcfj said:

Don't stop the Bevell hate train. It's become an oxymoron, heavy on the MORON.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":12wu445d said:
TwistedHusky":12wu445d said:

:lol:

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":2xsqvq10 said:
sdog1981":2xsqvq10 said:
Uncle Si":2xsqvq10 said:

So, our earlier talk meant nothing?.....You are still going to be Negative Nancy instead of Nash, the very guy that showed toughness not wimpness?

C'mon man.

VdDUvXe

nash72

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3c034q3v said:
nash72":3c034q3v said:
sdog1981":3c034q3v said:
Uncle Si":3c034q3v said:

so.. for the first time... ever.. since PC took over the Hawks lose a couple games by more than 9 points and you're just convinced that its more a precursor than an outlier?

it's so easy to focus on simple.. so I'll let you have at it. I will say it's awfully hypocritical to assume some fans have "rose tinted glasses" on while you do the exact same thing, focusing on two games, and assume the worst. That's "common sense?" Oh my...

Noone likes losing.. but this is the first off season PC has had to make major adjustments. If any coach in this franchise's history has earned an offseason to see what he can do, it would be him.

2013 - won Superbowl
2014 - lost Superbowl
2015 - only get out of the first round due to a miracle and then get throttled by the Panthers. Score looked better than it was.
2016 - starting to have teams actually blow us out. Beat a terrible Lions club at home and get destroyed in the next round.

I would say its a pretty consistent decline