Reaction score
ThinAllGalapagosdove.gif

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":990nm2x7 said:
nash72":990nm2x7 said:
sdog1981":990nm2x7 said:
Uncle Si":990nm2x7 said:
Yep.. two years removed from back to back Super Bowls and now the Seahawks are regressing to mediocre...

The free fall is sad to watch really. :sarcasm_off:

Getting pummeled by Green Bay and destroyed by the Falcons in the playoffs was sad to watch. Theres more of that to come though.

So, our earlier talk meant nothing?.....You are still going to be Negative Nancy instead of Nash, the very guy that showed toughness not wimpness?

C'mon man.

Sorry dude. I just cant pretend everythings fine when it isnt.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2013 - won Superbowl
2014 - lost Superbowl
2015 - only get out of the first round due to a miracle and then get throttled by the Panthers. Score looked better than it was.
2016 - starting to have teams actually blow us out. Beat a terrible Lions club at home and get destroyed in the next round.

I would say its a pretty consistent decline[/quote]

So... again, two bad results and what you say is a lucky result is definition of a steady decline?

yes, by that measure if you do not win Super Bowls every year after winning a Super Bowl you are declining. The reality here is that Seattle has been playing exceptional, competitive football for almost 5 years now. They have run into some (two) results only this year that every team, even the World Champs, have endured.

Perspective is everything. If you want to cherry pick, feel free. What you call "lucky" one could find in every team's recent history. It only shows the simplicity of your statement. Sometimes it's easier to hold the blanket tighter than actually get up and look around in the dark.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss.

This team was supposedly as good or better than the SB team if you read the press clippings at the start of the year.

Everyone just ignored the holes and problems.

But ultimately it was those holes and problems that doomed it. Surely some will be convinced that Earl Thomas going down was the real reason, and that contributed to it - but even with a healthy ET next year, I don't expect us to get much farther than we did.

I can see us winning the division next year, but I can also see us choking it away. I cannot see us doing anything of note even after winning the division though.

Edit: Nothing about the football this team played last year was consistently exceptional by the way. Some of it was barely palatable. For such a great team, we seemed to have a really really difficult time scoring TDs for several games in a row.

And while we hung our hat on the fact we were always in the game and never got blown out, lately this is starting to happen.

So I wouldn't just dismiss the clear indications of a team on the decline so hastily.

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":30zuithq said:
Largent80":30zuithq said:
sdog1981":30zuithq said:
Uncle Si":30zuithq said:
The free fall is sad to watch really. :sarcasm_off:

So, our earlier talk meant nothing?.....You are still going to be Negative Nancy instead of Nash, the very guy that showed toughness not wimpness?

C'mon man.

Sorry dude. I just cant pretend everythings fine when it isnt.

teleport yourself to 1992 and check back after you're done.

Get a perspective dude. Appreciate what you have while you have it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1589ws49 said:
Ignorance is bliss.

This team was supposedly as good or better than the SB team if you read the press clippings at the start of the year.

But ultimately it was those holes and problems that doomed it. Surely some will be convinced that Earl Thomas going down was the real reason, and that contributed to it - but even with a healthy ET next year, I don't expect us to get much farther than we did.

I can see us winning the division next year, but I can also see us choking it away. I cannot see us doing anything of note even after winning the division though.

Wonder how many Patriots fans felt the same way last year... or Broncos fans the year before that.. etc., etc. (etc.)

I'd be shocked by these consistent definitive statements if they weren't so poorly constructed

The team, like every contending team, has holes. This is the off season PC and JS need to address them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1akq1cls said:
TwistedHusky":1akq1cls said:
Ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance sure is bliss. The Pats passed from the 1 yard line with the game on the line...

Wonder how many Patriots fans felt the same way last year... or Broncos fans the year before that.. etc., etc. (etc.)

I'd be shocked by these consistent definitive statements if they weren't so poorly constructed

The team, like every contending team, has holes. This is the off season PC and JS need to address them.

Largent80

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":pv9tur92 said:
Ignorance is bliss.

Why don't you and Nash get a room and see who can be the bigger Downer.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":1mnh7btn said:

This is therapy to some...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Rather than seeing them as bad losses, I see them as good wins for The Patriots. They made the plays they needed to win the game.

nash72

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":nt62zrui said:
Ignorance is bliss.

Edit: Nothing about the football this team played last year was consistently exceptional by the way. Some of it was barely palatable. For such a great team, we seemed to have a really really difficult time scoring TDs for several games in a row.

And while we hung our hat on the fact we were always in the game and never got blown out, lately this is starting to happen.

So I wouldn't just dismiss the clear indications of a team on the decline so hastily.

How dare you be sensible around here. You know its frowned upon.

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":1avn9pqo said:

I would rather you hold me and tell me how great we fans have it after the Hawks fail yet again in the playoffs next season.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm married. Stop it. I realize I'm sexy but just STOP.

It will be ok.

My wife is a therapist if it will help you. She does online therapy for $$$$$$$$ so, I can definitely say she will help you.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Not feeling any sympathy for Quinn after the way he whined about the loss in Seattle. Nothing will completely take away the sting of XLIX for me, because I will always think "We should have one more." As was said earlier, that may have been the worst collapse ever, but that still only lowers our collapse to #2 (10 point lead in the 4th quarter). Not expecting others to share my perspectives, but those are my rationalizations and I'm sticking to them.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":xotnhonu said:
Not feeling any sympathy for Quinn after the way he whined about the loss in Seattle. Nothing will completely take away the sting of XLIX for me, because I will always think "We should have one more." As was said earlier, that may have been the worst collapse ever, but that still only lowers our collapse to #2 (10 point lead in the 4th quarter). Not expecting others to share my perspectives, but those are my rationalizations and I'm sticking to them.

10 point lead in the 4th is nothing in todays nfl, literally nothing.

Being up 25 %##%% points with about a quarter and half, maybe less and losing the superbowl is inexcusable.

The Pats scored 31 points in, what...2 quarters? if you include overtime

That was the largest Margin of Victory the Pats had too in all their superbowl wins...and they LITERALLY had the lead for 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 seconds

Largest comeback was 10, 3 seperate times, and the Pats surpassed that 2.5 times, they not only cameback they SHATTTTTTEEERRRRREEEEEDDDD the comeback in NFL Superbowl History

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Falcons will never recover from this. For 11 quarters the Falcons had put all the naysayers to bed. They dominated the playoffs. Then they imploded. That could doom a young team, because every time they get a big lead they will play scared saying to themselves "don't screw this up like last time"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":1z0mjfc6 said:
With Atlanta's loss does this now go down as the worse loss in Super Bowl history? and take some of the heat off of the Hawk's meltdown on the goal line.
Curious to everyone's thoughts.
Nope. "The 2nd and wrong" is still "the 2nd and wrong"!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sdog1981":1l2qhkbv said:
The Falcons will never recover from this. For 11 quarters the Falcons had put all the naysayers to bed. They dominated the playoffs. Then they imploded. That could doom a young team, because every time they get a big lead they will play scared saying to themselves "don't screw this up like last time"
I disagree. They won't overcome it until they win a Lombardi though. I thought Seattle would never overcome the sham that was XL*, until XLVIII happened. :lol:

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":avqtacsk said:
sdog1981":avqtacsk said:
I disagree. They won't overcome it until they win a Lombardi though. I thought Seattle would never overcome the sham that was XL*, until XLVIII happened. :lol:

That group of players from the XL team did not overcome it. They got the injury bug in 06, went pass happy in 07 then went
4-12, 5-11 they were dead.