Offensive and Defensive rookie of the year prediction.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":vcrtljbe said:
CALIHAWK1":vcrtljbe said:
It was actually a fairly close vote between them. I dont see rg3 being the media darling. They crushed him last year. Kuechly winning DPOY last year, that was a joke and a half.
They crushed RGKnee last year, but not his rookie year, that's for sure. Media love for Luck in 2012: 9.9/10. Media love for RGKnee in 2012: 9.2/10. Media love for Wilson in 2012: Who?

Well Luck and Wilson were right yhere in votes together. Griffin did get ridiculous love, some even pronouncing him the best player in the league. My pov is any one of the three could have made a case for that award.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3et4p1eh said:
RolandDeschain":3et4p1eh said:
CALIHAWK1":3et4p1eh said:
It was actually a fairly close vote between them. I dont see rg3 being the media darling. They crushed him last year. Kuechly winning DPOY last year, that was a joke and a half.
They crushed RGKnee last year, but not his rookie year, that's for sure. Media love for Luck in 2012: 9.9/10. Media love for RGKnee in 2012: 9.2/10. Media love for Wilson in 2012: Who?

Well Luck and Wilson were right yhere in votes together. Griffin did get ridiculous love, some even pronouncing him the best player in the league. My pov is any one of the three could have made a case for that award.
Alfred Morris too, definitely overlooked

Sac

Reaction score
Bridgewater on offense probably.

Jordan Mathews also seems likely considering his fit in Chip Kelly's offense and Foles throwing the ball.

Defense - Probably Clowny

Justin Gilbert as my dark horse.

Taehwk

Reaction score
Clowney - watts frees him up

Brandin cooks - Saints version of PH11, Sean Payton and Bree's know how to utilize weapons - see him as their new sproles

2nd choice:
Jeremy Hill - bengals become a running team and dalton is asked to do less.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
General Manager":xsjtnbju said:
OBJ
Khalil Mack

Manziel, LMFAO
I thought about OBJ, but Geno will be under center. Don't trust Geno.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not sure how good Manziel will be exactly, but I do think he's going to win a lot of tight games. I also see a lot of promising signs with the Browns right now, many of the same signs I saw in the pre-2012 Seahawks. They have a talented defensive coach who made Buffalo's defense a force (57 sacks) in year one, and Cleveland has (IMO) more overall defensive talent than Buffalo does. The Browns have added some talented RBs, and a read option QB that will quickly vault that run game. Manziel might not have to do much to win 10 games as a rookie. And if he does, he'd probably be a shoe-in for the award even if his statline looks like rookie Sam Bradford.

QBs have been winning this award with more frequency lately, 6 of the last 10 winners have been QBs. Even Sam Bradford managed to win it one of those years.

Scottemojo":3akmusus said:
General Manager":3akmusus said:
OBJ
Khalil Mack

Manziel, LMFAO

Odell Beckham? Right stadium, wrong team.

I would never pick a rookie WR anyway. In the past fifteen years only two offensive rookie of the year winners were WRs, and one of them was Percy Harvin, who was almost as much a RB as he was a WR.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":ed5fqh2m said:
Bridgewater on offense.

IF he starts...this is the CLEAR OROY IMO. The Vikings offense was almost top 10 last year with Ponder/Cassel/Freeman all starting with a TERRIBLE OC. Musgrave has to be the worst OC I have EVER seen.

General Manager

Reaction score
kearly":1bwjwn73 said:
I'm not sure how good Manziel will be exactly, but I do think he's going to win a lot of tight games. I also see a lot of promising signs with the Browns right now, many of the same signs I saw in the pre-2012 Seahawks. They have a talented defensive coach who made Buffalo's defense a force (57 sacks) in year one, and Cleveland has (IMO) more overall defensive talent than Buffalo does. The Browns have added some talented RBs, and a read option QB that will quickly vault that run game. Manziel might not have to do much to win 10 games as a rookie. And if he does, he'd probably be a shoe-in for the award even if his statline looks like rookie Sam Bradford.

QBs have been winning this award with more frequency lately, 6 of the last 10 winners have been QBs. Even Sam Bradford managed to win it one of those years.

Scottemojo":1bwjwn73 said:
General Manager":1bwjwn73 said:
OBJ
Khalil Mack

Manziel, LMFAO

I would never pick a rookie WR anyway. In the past fifteen years only two offensive rookie of the year winners were WRs, and one of them was Percy Harvin, who was almost as much a RB as he was a WR.

OBJ has a better chance then Manziel .

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":3pl68c07 said:

Scottemojo":3pl68c07 said:
General Manager":3pl68c07 said:
OBJ
Khalil Mack

Manziel, LMFAO

Doh!

Yeah, with Baby Manning he has a great shot at ROY.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Well, not a prediction for ROY. But, I sure hope the guy doesn't turn out to be as good as recent reports suggest. Pittspuke is talking like Dri Archer is going to be a major contributor. He's the kid out of Kent St. that posted the fastest 40 time at the combine this year. They were drafting for speed. Got the LB Shazier as well, whom some of you have mentioned as possible DROY.
I liked both Archer and Jerrick McKinnon in the draft. Both were drafted back to back by Pitt and the Minn at the end of the 3rd round. Vikings are saying McKinnon is looking great as well. But, he's behind Adrian Peterson. I don't see how he would have fit in, but would have loved Archer's speed. But, the Hawks were thinking speed and got their guy in Paul Richardson.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ctrcat":eirtkk3t said:
^ Luck wasn't rookie of the year. Right or wrong RG3 was..

I'm surprised Luck himself hasn't pointed this out to Seahawk fans.

NINEster

Reaction score
kearly":1vxl5oqf said:
Also, it will be Denver and Seattle in the Super Bowl again.

And here you were supposed to be the paragon of reason....

NINEster

Reaction score
kearly":2zrn9mfq said:
SalishHawkFan":2zrn9mfq said:
Denver's gotta be a long shot. First, they have to bounce back from that drubbing. Second, they face the NFCW this year and that's going to beat the crap outta Manning. They're not securing HFA this season.

Then again, maybe not so long odds. Afterall, other than New England, who is there in the AFC? I think we face the Pats this time around. Passing of the guard, one dynasty to the next.

I think Denver goes 3-1 vs. the NFC West. Seattle is the only team with the secondary to give Manning issues. If all you have is pass rush, it doesn't matter how good it is, Manning will erase it with his quick reads.

With the additions made this offseason, this is going to be the best team Denver has ever had. And the AFC outside of Denver is nothing but a bunch uninspiring pretenders, barring a shocking and sudden breakout by a team like the Browns or Bengals.

The Broncos are going to be rooting so hard against the Seahawks all season long, especially in the playoffs. I suspect the Seahawks are the only team in the league that can dominate the Broncos at will.

What's amusing is you think SB 48 is the first time Manning has played poorly in his life following a GREAT regular season......

So let's also get this straight, the Patriots go 1-3 against the NFC West two years ago but Denver is gonna go 3-1 against an improved NFCW, haha.

You're forgetting who the Denver QB is, plain and simple.

In retrospect, Kansas City and Baltimore would have put out a much better fighting chance in the SB than Denver did.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
NINEster":c0xcaku8 said:
kearly":c0xcaku8 said:
SalishHawkFan":c0xcaku8 said:
Denver's gotta be a long shot. First, they have to bounce back from that drubbing. Second, they face the NFCW this year and that's going to beat the crap outta Manning. They're not securing HFA this season.

Then again, maybe not so long odds. Afterall, other than New England, who is there in the AFC? I think we face the Pats this time around. Passing of the guard, one dynasty to the next.

I think Denver goes 3-1 vs. the NFC West. Seattle is the only team with the secondary to give Manning issues. If all you have is pass rush, it doesn't matter how good it is, Manning will erase it with his quick reads.

With the additions made this offseason, this is going to be the best team Denver has ever had. And the AFC outside of Denver is nothing but a bunch uninspiring pretenders, barring a shocking and sudden breakout by a team like the Browns or Bengals.

The Broncos are going to be rooting so hard against the Seahawks all season long, especially in the playoffs. I suspect the Seahawks are the only team in the league that can dominate the Broncos at will.

What's amusing is you think SB 48 is the first time Manning has played poorly in his life following a GREAT regular season......

So let's also get this straight, the Patriots go 1-3 against the NFC West two years ago but Denver is gonna go 3-1 against an improved NFCW, haha.

You're forgetting who the Denver QB is, plain and simple.

In retrospect, Kansas City and Baltimore would have put out a much better fighting chance in the SB than Denver did.

Your secondary is meh so his point still stands.