Officiating

TheTruthHurts

Reaction score
Exittium":n4ozhzqu said:
TheTruthHurts":n4ozhzqu said:
Hawkpower":n4ozhzqu said:
TheTruthHurts":n4ozhzqu said:
Well I don't believe the official's were sent out to sabotage the Seahawks.

I do believe the Seahawks and that defensive backfield has had the benefit of mugging WR's beyond the yards allowed for many years now. I guess karma is a bitch.

Seriously the Cards are the better team. They came up to Seattle and took a nice lead against the " VAUNTED" Seahawk defense.

Anyways the overall record of these two teams proves me correct.

Glad you think the Cards are better. Wouldnt expect any less.

Enjoy your gift over the champs and move on. We will see how the rest of the season goes.

Not sure what game you watched. I watched the one on NBC. The game I watched showed a Cardinal team moving the ball downfield all night.

I saw a Seahawks team that scored most of their points on defense.

Outside of a couple of turnovers by the Cardinals offense this game is a blow out in favor of the Cardinals.

You see what I did there?

Haha deslusional cardinal fan is delusional... :sarcasm_off:

Russell Wilson 43.8 passing percentage in the game.

Did the official's cause this?

Smellyman

Reaction score
knownone":1df8q0cf said:
TheTruthHurts":1df8q0cf said:
Seriously?

I felt like the official's tried to keep the Seahawks in this game.

Anyways the better team won.
9 penalties for first downs, 28 points off penalty saving drives... yeah.

wow. so many were of the very ticky tack variety too.

Seahawks got the momentum! time to give it back to the cards.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheTruthHurts":3n6jfinr said:
Exittium":3n6jfinr said:
Hawkpower":3n6jfinr said:
TheTruthHurts":3n6jfinr said:

I do believe the Seahawks and that defensive backfield has had the benefit of mugging WR's beyond the yards allowed for many years now. I guess karma is a bitch.

Seriously the Cards are the better team. They came up to Seattle and took a nice lead against the " VAUNTED" Seahawk defense.

Enjoy your gift over the champs and move on. We will see how the rest of the season goes.

Not sure what game you watched. I watched the one on NBC. The game I watched showed a Cardinal team moving the ball downfield all night.

Outside of a couple of turnovers by the Cardinals offense this game is a blow out in favor of the Cardinals.

Haha deslusional cardinal fan is delusional... :sarcasm_off:

Russell Wilson 43.8 passing percentage in the game.

Did the official's cause this?
I'm not in the mood to deal with trolling 9'er fans.
I suggest you curb your behavior in a hurry.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I swear on the replay of the draw that iced the game he stepped out... did anyone else see that ?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm not blaming the refs. There was more than enough areas for the team to win this game on all phases.

Crizilla

Reaction score
The refs were pretty bad I don't understand how that wasn't a fumble

But I don't think we lost because of them. This team clearly has offensive issues

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1zwpd61u said:
Done being a part of this whiny fanbase. Ban me, don't care, you all are bunch of whiny bitches.

Oh stop being so sensitive. Your just as bad bitching about the bitching. No one cares if you leave, you don't have to tell us. Why don't you just stay and enlighten everyone

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TheTruthHurts":1segpj20 said:
Hawkpower":1segpj20 said:
TheTruthHurts":1segpj20 said:

All of what you say is true, and yet, a competently officiated game still goes well into Seattle's favor, despite how poorly we played.

Chew on that for a moment.

Enjoy your gift over the champs, you get them in the NFL from time to time.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Crizilla":w4qwtmdd said:
The refs were pretty bad I don't understand how that wasn't a fumble

But I don't think we lost because of them. This team clearly has offensive issues

The Seahawks playing poorly (true) doesn't lessen the impact that the officials had on the game.

Did they deserve to win? Probably not. Would they have won anyway without the mind numbingly biased officiating? Most likely.

BTW, :00 is a delay of game. Somebody let the head of this crew know.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
It's crystal clear that the NFL isn't going to help Seattle and the league has grown tired of Seattle winning at home, especially on a Sunday night.

The troubling thing about my complaints about how the NFL wants to even things out, is that it comes back to whether Seattle is playing well on offense or on defense.....neither of these items is debatable, but I also don't think Arizona's poor pass protection and leaving Seattle's DL unblocked is good offensive gameplanning on their part. So if Seattle doesn't have a dynamic passing game and Arizona decides that they cannot pass protect, these are weaknesses of the teams.

One team clearly benefitted and the NFL wants to ensure new teams make playoff runs and pushes into home field territory. At the end of the day, Arizona is an above average football team that cannot pass protect and has a limited running game and also has one good corner and safety. In the end, Arizona is not capable of winning of Super Bowl as they are currently built, despite the leagues' attempt to bring new blood into the mix.....especially with San Francisco not in contention, another NFL media preference.

I think the worse of the drive extending calls was the Wagner interference call on Brown who was running his route towards Wagner, which was almost against every principle of route running. I think you are supposed to avoid defenders and look back for the football to draw a PI penalty.....Brown did neither and Wagner obviously pushed him, but Brown was A) Not part of the play, B) never looked back at the QB for the ball and C) the pass went completely to the other side of the field. On 3rd and 10 and up 4....extends the drive and AZ (as a good team should, scored).

I think the ceiling of expectations is so high for Seattle that it's difficult to digest that our Seahawks should have any weaknesses OR should be good enough on both sides of the ball to beat 90% of the NFL. Right now, it's clear that if you penalize the defense, you can add opportunities to beat Seattle, who doesn't have 3 all Pro CB's, 2 safeties and 2 LB's out for 70 snaps a game. Right now it's playing well about 80% of the time, getting beaten 10% of the time and getting called for bogus penalties the other 10% of the time.

I think because Cary Williams isn't as good as the rest of the Seahawks defense standard, doesn't mean we should be uber critical and expect perfection each game. Arizona is capable of scoring on anyone, if they get pass protection.....but they have an average line, that held Seattle most of the night and got NO holding penalties called against them all night.

It was going to be a long night when Gilliam got called for a face mask on the 1st drive when he didn't touch anyone near the helmet.....Arizona is a one & done playoff team regardless of last nights results....if they want to thump their chests as Paper champions, let them have their day.....In the long run, they know they were giftwrapped a game...our fans on the other hand have to realize on a neutral referred game, Seattle is better, despite Cary Williams and anything else Seattle isn't doing well. right now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":1g6r5tiu said:
It's crystal clear that the NFL isn't going to help Seattle and the league has grown tired of Seattle winning at home, especially on a Sunday night.

The troubling thing about my complaints about how the NFL wants to even things out, is that it comes back to whether Seattle is playing well on offense or on defense.....neither of these items is debatable, but I also don't think Arizona's poor pass protection and leaving Seattle's DL unblocked is good offensive gameplanning on their part. So if Seattle doesn't have a dynamic passing game and Arizona decides that they cannot pass protect, these are weaknesses of the teams.

One team clearly benefitted and the NFL wants to ensure new teams make playoff runs and pushes into home field territory. At the end of the day, Arizona is an above average football team that cannot pass protect and has a limited running game and also has one good corner and safety. In the end, Arizona is not capable of winning of Super Bowl as they are currently built, despite the leagues' attempt to bring new blood into the mix.....especially with San Francisco not in contention, another NFL media preference.

I think the worse of the drive extending calls was the Wagner interference call on Brown who was running his route towards Wagner, which was almost against every principle of route running. I think you are supposed to avoid defenders and look back for the football to draw a PI penalty.....Brown did neither and Wagner obviously pushed him, but Brown was A) Not part of the play, B) never looked back at the QB for the ball and C) the pass went completely to the other side of the field. On 3rd and 10 and up 4....extends the drive and AZ (as a good team should, scored).

I think the ceiling of expectations is so high for Seattle that it's difficult to digest that our Seahawks should have any weaknesses OR should be good enough on both sides of the ball to beat 90% of the NFL. Right now, it's clear that if you penalize the defense, you can add opportunities to beat Seattle, who doesn't have 3 all Pro CB's, 2 safeties and 2 LB's out for 70 snaps a game. Right now it's playing well about 80% of the time, getting beaten 10% of the time and getting called for bogus penalties the other 10% of the time.

I think because Cary Williams isn't as good as the rest of the Seahawks defense standard, doesn't mean we should be uber critical and expect perfection each game. Arizona is capable of scoring on anyone, if they get pass protection.....but they have an average line, that held Seattle most of the night and got NO holding penalties called against them all night.

It was going to be a long night when Gilliam got called for a face mask on the 1st drive when he didn't touch anyone near the helmet.....Arizona is a one & done playoff team regardless of last nights results....if they want to thump their chests as Paper champions, let them have their day.....In the long run, they know they were giftwrapped a game...our fans on the other hand have to realize on a neutral referred game, Seattle is better, despite Cary Williams and anything else Seattle isn't doing well. right now.

Very well said.

I had forgotten about the "ghost" facemask. Good lord, that wasn't even close to a facemask. And it set the tone for more to come.

They are certainly pumping their chests down here. Good for them, I guess. They likely don't care that they were giftwrapped the win, and I wouldnt either, but man that was frustrating to watch as a fan. A helpless feeling.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The referees were not the reason the Seahawks lost. We have seen games that were given to Seahawks opponents, but this was not even close to being one of those games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I thought the officiating was very poor and skewed in favor of the Cards. I did not see the offensive face mask call on Gilliam (even Collingsworth said he must have been wearing his face mask around his throat) and can only surmise that they must have gotten the number wrong. I also thought that the catch/fumble was clearly a fumble and at the very least they should have let the play continue. They could have changed their on field ruling later. The receiver had taken two steps and turned his head and shoulders, turning into a runner. I also thought that several of those offensive holding calls were not justified.

But there were incredibly stupid penalties, too. Russell Wilson getting called for delay of game instead of burning a timeout. KJ Wright going helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver. Bobby Wagner hitting a receiver well beyond the 5 yards. Richard Sherman's grabbing.

They were not the reason we lost. We lost for one reason and one reason only: The other team was better than we were.

nsport

Reaction score
Pivotal drive:

- Did Larry Fitzgerald get his feet in-bounds on that sideline play to keep a drive alive?

- Was that really a catch and fumble by their TE that (inside of 2 minutes) wasn't going to be reviewed until after Seattle called a timeout and somehow mysteriously the call came down they needed to take a look?

I was at the game and couldn't see that Fitzgerald play clearly enough to say yes or no - but from my viewpoint (I could see down the line) and what they showed on the replay board, it looked as though the refs should have went upstairs to take a look. On the fumble by the TE, it clearly looked like catch, tuck, and football move (completed catch) when the ball got knocked out.

Did anyone see it live or break these two plays down yet on DVR?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rideaducati":3hkih3lw said:
The referees were not the reason the Seahawks lost. We have seen games that were given to Seahawks opponents, but this was not even close to being one of those games.

There's a difference between being THE reason and a PART of the reason why a team loses.

To think that the incompetence that ended up giving AZ a huge advantage last night was in no part a PART of the reason why they lost is ridiculous.

And yes, Seattle played poorly. That doesnt minimize the poor officiating.

BlueOne

Reaction score
On the Fumble that wasn't a fumble, the guy caught the ball, tucked it, and took 2 and a half steps before having it knocked loose. In my mind it wasn't even close, it was 100% a catch. If that is not a catch I don't have any clue what the rule is anymore. Did he need to take 3 steps? I GUARANTEE if he catches that, takes 2 steps and is out of bounds it's called a catch.

Fitz clearly got both toes down on the sideline catch at the end of the game.

Overall, I said during the game that this was the worst officiated game I can remember seeing in years. Both ways.

Gilliam's facemask that killed a good drive wasn't one. There were 3-4 blatant offensive holds by the Cards that weren't called. I'm not sure why it is, but isn't it 0 offensive holding calls so far this year called against Seahawks' Opponents? Can anyone with a straight face say Avril and Bennett don't get held as much as anyone in the NFL? I don't know what the heck is up with this.

On the other hand, we got away with what should have been a safety by intentional grounding in the 1st half. We also got a few generous spots.

I didn't come away from the game feeling like the the Seahawks lost the game because of the refs. The helmet to helmet at the end is one of the dumbest plays I have ever seen. Sherman would have had an easy interception earlier if he wasn't so busy holding Fitz for no reason, and #40 Coleman? Made a pathetic play on the onside kick, he literally avoided contact with Fitz as he made that catch instead of blowing him up. All of that said, the refs were ass all night.

I did come away tonight saying wow, the Seahawks are MUCH more physically talented than the Cardinals, but manage to make 1-2 big mental errors a quarter. I love Pete, he has led the Seahawks to the best years they have ever had. This team being the most penalized team in the NFL over the last 3 years, and our offense only playing offense when we're behind or within the last 2 minutes of the half, is starting to get old. Also, our decisions on when and whether to go for 2 seems to be being made by a child. A child who has never played Madden. One point on our last TD makes a world of mathematical difference bringing us to 30 instead of 29, 30 points to 32, allows a FG to win, 30 points to 34, allows us to score a TD and still have a tie if they drive and score a FG. Going for two has ZERO effect unless the teams both start scoring multiple more times and mid-way through the 4th that type of thinking makes no sense.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3vfesw6s said:
rideaducati":3vfesw6s said:

There's a difference between being THE reason and a PART of the reason why a team loses.

To think that the incompetence that ended up giving AZ a huge advantage last night was in no part a PART of the reason why they lost is ridiculous.

I think officiating was pretty far down on the list of reasons why the Seahawks lost. While it was less than ideal, there wasn't an obvious bias that I could see. I fail to see the "huge advantage" the Cards were given by the officials. All the penalties called looked like penalties on replay except the facemask, but that replay showed a player with a different number than the number called by the official. The facemask was called on #79 and they showed #78 on the replay or something like that. Again, not ideal, but not even close to being a factor in the game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rideaducati":3dmkr3wv said:
Hawkpower":3dmkr3wv said:
rideaducati":3dmkr3wv said:

I think officiating was pretty far down on the list of reasons why the Seahawks lost. While it was less than ideal, there wasn't an obvious bias that I could see. I fail to see the "huge advantage" the Cards were given by the officials. All the penalties called looked like penalties on replay except the facemask, but that replay showed a player with a different number than the number called by the official. The facemask was called on #79 and they showed #78 on the replay or something like that. Again, not ideal, but not even close to being a factor in the game.

4 delay of games not called.

6 failed 3rd downs extended due to penalties.

The should have been called fumble that led to 3 points.

Not one holding call on AZ despite video evidence to show maulings on nearly every blitz.

4 consecutive drives at 1st and 20 or 25 for Seattle with phantom penalties.

But yeah, other than those 5 things, no factor at all.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3iidqf20 said:
Done being a part of this whiny fanbase. Ban me, don't care, you all are bunch of whiny bitches.
Goodbye! :th2thumbs: