Ohio State cancels games against UW

chris98251

Reaction score
If I remember correctly a few years back, ok maybe a decade plus last time we were good we had them on the schedule as well, in Ohio, they bailed then also, said they will make it up with a reschedule, and they did, they waited till we were bad again before they played us.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Plot twist: They canceled it because they expect UW to join their conference by then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I would love to see the Dawgs leave the soon to be Pac 12. Pathetic conference and so unorganized imo.

GemCity

Reaction score
I don’t think they were scared….there’s a good reason for it.

Google.

RiverDog

Reaction score
So a university's sports team is allowed to cancel a scheduled game just because? I guess I now have more respect for the smaller schools who keep their obligation to play the powerhouse teams even though they know they're in for a very lopsided loss.
The main reason the smaller schools, like Eastern Washington, play the big boys for the payday as it's two or three times bigger than their largest gate receipt vs. conference opponents. They also like it for the exposure it gives them. I wouldn't feel sorry for them under any circumstances as if they lose, it was expected and not an embarrassment, and if they win, they make national headlines for the upset.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
lol that they are scared.

Sounds to me like they just dont want to make a bunch of trips to the west coast with ucla and usc joining the conference.

GemCity

Reaction score
Just repeating what was printed. If it's not true, then what was printed was incorrect.

Why don't you just link the article instead of playing this game?
There’s plenty of articles that explain making trips to the west coast and having an adequate number of home games.

I don’t remember seeing Washington in the CFP. I’m not playing games. I just think it’s ludicrous to say OSU is afraid of Washington…