OK

Anthony!

Reaction score
ludakrishna":rjpnfb03 said:
We need to draft a QB that will push RW. Russell has plateaud. I've seen constant overthrows and misreads for the last 2 years. As the 2nd highest paid QB in the league, I expect significantly better play.

LT, LG, RG, RT in the draft. DT depth, CB depth.

LOL not 2nd highest

NFL's highest paid QBs (average salary per year):
Colts QB Andrew Luck: $24.6 million.
Saints QB Drew Brees: $24.3 million.
Ravens QB Joe Flacco: $22.1 million.
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $22 million.
Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $21.9 million.
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $21.85 million.

As to the rest okay, your opinion last year maybe but injuries make it irrelevant, year before yeah ahh no. So 2015 year Wilson was #1 in Qb rating, #3 in Complt%, #4 in YPA, 3# in Tds, so sorry that would be incorrect last 2 years. This year 2016 maybe but all the injuries have a lot to do with that

Anthony!

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3vmu2ffw said:
I never said a Russell was terrible. I just pointed out his current deficiencies and the need for improvement. Pushing him with another QB is not lunacy. I remember the days when this board believed that Mike Teal could be our next QB after Hass or when Michael Bumpus deserved more snaps at WR. We've been spoiled over the last few years as have the players. They need a oh poop my butt may get cut feeling back. But knowing Pete, he doesn't have the balls to hold anyone accountable anymore.

But you do this without acknowledging all he dealt with this past year. 3 Major injuries, the worst oline in the league, no run game etc etc.Also you mention overthrows and all that did you bother to notice how many over throws, under throws, and bad throws Brady had yesterday? There were a lot. All QBs to include the Elite miss throws, make bad throws period, yet for some reason some here well really just 1 or 2 seem to think that only Wilson does it. If that were true then they would all complete 100% of their passes but they don't. To be honest your posts come off as trolling. They might want to bring in another QB but it will not be to push Wilson but to ensure they have an adequate backup considering Wilson should probably have not even been playing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1evlayv7 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/821483959808704512[/tweet]

Keep giving him a free pass....[/quote]
If you have to post a softy tweet, you've lost the argument.

pcbball12

Reaction score
ludakrishna":txcufiqr said:
I never said a Russell was terrible. I just pointed out his current deficiencies and the need for improvement. Pushing him with another QB is not lunacy. I remember the days when this board believed that Mike Teal could be our next QB after Hass or when Michael Bumpus deserved more snaps at WR. We've been spoiled over the last few years as have the players. They need a oh poop my butt may get cut feeling back. But knowing Pete, he doesn't have the balls to hold anyone accountable anymore.
He will hold anyone accountable. But do this, name one situation where a QB controversy or competition has ended well. You need stability at QB, it is a position that the number one NEEDS all of the reps. We have stability at QB. You don't just go creating controversy at that position for no reason. Would I welcome a legit backup QB for in the case Russ is forced to miss some time? Sure. But, anyone coming in is not going to legitimately push Russ as a starter and that is how it should be.

You mention this fan base being spoiled. Your argument is example 1A. We have not missed the playoffs since he has been our QB, been to 2 SB's, in position to make a run every year he has been here. Yet, he needs to be pushed for his job. Definition of being spoiled as a fan....absolutely ridiculous.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5znm6mte said:
ludakrishna":5znm6mte said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/821483959808704512[/tweet]

Keep giving him a free pass....
If you have to post a softy tweet, you've lost the argument.[/quote]

Yeah lots of missing info on these like down and distance, where they are in his progression etc etc

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2h8yjp1f said:
pcbball12":2h8yjp1f said:
ludakrishna":2h8yjp1f said:
Largent80":2h8yjp1f said:
Russell Wilson needs to be "pushed"? Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

I guess you're satisfied with constant overthrows and misreads which lead to terrible throwing decisions / needless sacks. I expect my QB to play better. Brady, Rapistburger, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers and Ryan make the right read 95% of the time. Russell is not at that level...nowhere near close. Rose colored glasses need to be removed.
Really? Brady has been in the league for 17 years, Brees 16 years, Roethlisberger 13 years, Rodgers 12 years, Ryan 9 years.

Do you see a common theme to the players you mentioned? They have all been in the league a long time. Russ just finished year 5. Go look up stats from the first 5 years of each of those players. None of those players were anything close to what they are now in year 5 in regards to reads, consistency, decisions, etc. It is insane that people want to compare Russ to those guys and expect him to be as polished as they are, it is apples to oranges at this point. He will get there, he is ahead of where any of those guys were at this point in their career.

I disagree. This is the thought process which will prevent us from ever becoming a dynasty. He's the 2nd highest paid QB in the league, if he wasn't at their level, we should've franchise tagged his ass until he became one prior to giving him current deal. So are we paying him an elite deal when he's not an elite QB? Schneider needs to be fired than for overpaying.

Patriots are the prime example of thinking about future. Cassell got them a good pick. Mallett was a nutcase but has all the talent in the world. Garropolo is going to get them all other good pick and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft another QB.

Suggesting we hold EVERY player accountable is not lunacy, it's called striving for excellence.

Cassell "got them a good pick" out of horrible bad luck to Brady. If Wilson get's hurt whose to say Boykin can't do the same?

Mallett was traded for a 6th round pick. Garropolo isn't going anywhere...

Not only were none of the Qbs you mentioned as good as Wilson was after 5 years, but none of them had competition behind them. There is no logic in your post except to be contrarian. If you think Wilson needs a better staff around him, then so be it. But the Patriots did not "hold Brady accountable" and get better from it.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Calais Campbell in Free Agency.

CB/S with 1st round pick.

Then OL and two more DBs to make a CB/S/S group. Maybe an RB.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
uncle fester":3ooe52qm said:

Thank YOU for getting this back on topic.

mistaowen

Reaction score
uncle fester":wvsoqhdz said:

Yup, Calais would take this defense to the next level with his ability to collapse the interior pocket, something needed badly. I just don't know if the team will take on a contract he will most definitely get or if he would play for a career division rival, but I would be thrilled.

sdog1981

Reaction score
DB depth was exposed last season. It just seems like Shead would get beat on cross routes all season.

The Oline

I think the three main pass rushers they have are working out well (Clark,MB,Cliff) But they need some kind of consistent pass rush from the DT position. The loss of Clinton McDonald was an undercover blow to this unit the guy had 5.5 sacks and only played half the snaps that season. Maybe the Hawks could get a value play like McDonald. Tyson Alualu or Glenn Dorsey are older but might fit the bill. A long shot would be Dominique Easley he is just 25 and might be available on the cheap.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":35stk5o4 said:
Russell had a torn up knee, ankle and shoulder, maybe that had something to do with his "regression?"

Besides the obvious, I would like to see them add a stud rb this year. Would love Fournette or cook, but won't happen. Foreman is the guy in my mind.

1000% agree.
Russell Wilson got all beat to hell because, (other than the Center position), the O-Line was an absolute shambles AND he was without any kind of legitimate RB to HELP alleviate some of the CONSTANT pressures on our Franchise Quarterback.
TOO MUCH for ANY QUARTERBACK to overcome all by themselves.
Just because some folk believe that there will never again be another Marshawn Lynch, that doesn't mean that there isn't a somewhat suitable replacement out there.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't think it matters.

The guys we need are in positions that everyone else wants/covets as well.

We have so many holes and so many issues, I don't think we can paper over all them.

I think we are going to be like the Steelers, a team that is scary to play, hard to beat, but nobody really expects to see them anywhere near another SB.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1vlchz6o said:
I don't think it matters.

The guys we need are in positions that everyone else wants/covets as well.

We have so many holes and so many issues, I don't think we can paper over all them.

I think we are going to be like the Steelers, a team that is scary to play, hard to beat, but nobody really expects to see them anywhere near another SB.

Just 5th and 7th highest odds... according to Vegas (and what do they know. What was the over/under last night? and the spread?)

2017-18 Super Bowl Odds
Patriots 7/1
Falcons 12/1
Cowboys 12/1
Packers 12/1
Seahawks 15/1
Broncos 17/1
Steelers 18/1

Hyak

Reaction score
1. Sign a proven OT in FA such as Whitworth, Reiff, or Wagner. If it's a RT, then shift Gilliam to LT to compete with Fant.

2. Go after Calais Campbell hard. Try to get that pass rush DL back to the 2013 level.

3. Focus the draft on adding to the defense - secondary help (CB and S) and LB to improve the competition and depth.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm glad our team doesn't believe like you TH.

This is supposed to be about positive additions to the team going forward, but you just have to bring your dire, doom and gloom, eeyore bullshit to the thread. Go someplace else and whine about deficiencies that your mind creates.

uncle fester

Reaction score
mistaowen":3rv36qno said:
uncle fester":3rv36qno said:

Yup, Calais would take this defense to the next level with his ability to collapse the interior pocket, something needed badly. I just don't know if the team will take on a contract he will most definitely get or if he would play for a career division rival, but I would be thrilled.

If he feels either a) that it's time to move on or b) AZ aren't making enough noise about re-signing him, I think a 1 or 2 year deal may not be out of the question for him. Would give him wiggle room to go after another pay day later, if he felt he had enough left in the tank. Rivalries seem to matter more to the fans than the players.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Man I would love to get Campbell on the Hawks. He has wreaked havoc on us and I would much rather have him do it to our foes.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I throw a little cash at Byron Bell in free agency to man one of the tackle spots. He was supposed to start at Tennessee last year before dislocating his ankle. Draft another lineman and a good corner.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'll be most interested to see what they do at RB. Rawls, Procise and Collins should be 100% to start the season but they may keep looking to add competition due to the injury history there. I'm sure people would flip out if we drafted another RB in the first three rounds but it wouldn't surprise me.

Drafting a QB makes a ton of sense provided there's a guy we like at a good value who can be plugged directly into our scheme. Having a better backup QB this year would have easily improved our odds. When Russ was at his most hurt our offense looked hot garbage. Competent backup QB play and the ability for Russ to recover while resting could easily have tipped the balance towards another win somewhere and HFA in the divisional, and may well have lead to the NFC conference game in Seattle.

I'd like to pass on UFAs this season assuming that Hauschka, Morgan and Willson could lead to three comp picks in 2018 otherwise. If we want a veteran tackle lets swap a mid round pick for somebody rather than getting into a bidding war over the dregs that will be available after the draft. We can use that cap space better this year on extensions that would set us up well for the 2018 offseason.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
AgentDib":3tsy29fp said:
Drafting a QB makes a ton of sense provided there's a guy we like at a good value who can be plugged directly into our scheme.

What QB in this draft is that guy?

Latest posts