Okay, that's it.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I was pretty much the first to call for bevel's firing because I knew from the start he was hot garbage. I've held off for 1 season + 3 games from making judgement on Schotzenhammer, but that's it. He needs to go.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2jenju3e said:
I was pretty much the first to call for bevel's firing because I knew from the start he was hot garbage. I've held off for 1 season + 3 games from making judgement on Schotzenhammer, but that's it. He needs to go.

Nope. Square on Pete now. Killing his own legacy here.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Nope. Square on the play designer/caller. Unless you're just looking for a scapegoat, like when the ship's captain gets convicted because the sub-officer on watch steered the ship into the rocks.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
PC did not do his job getting this team ready to play a quality team

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are a good team.

But that is it.

We aren't a great team.

We struggled with the Bengals and with 2 teams running backup QBs.

One of which we are going to be clownstomped by.

We are a team with a mediocre defense and a very good offense that refuses to use that offense to the best of its ability.

It isn't good enough to convert first downs. You have to score TDs. And frankly, it isn't good enough to score TDs. You have to score TDs WHILE YOU HAVE THE LEAD. Otherwise, you are just going to give up scores with the defense.

But hey, there is no reason to expect anything from this team. We aren't the division leader and we aren't a team that would beat anyone in the playoffs but for a wildcard.

Even so, losing to a team using the backup QB is embarrassing. Getting blown out at home by a team with a 2nd string QB? Laughable.

It just shows that we are a good team. But nothing more than that.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that all of us (at least, the rational ones) understand that when RW3 is calling plays the offense clicks. Which automatically means that the dude normally calling plays (and the offense doesn't click) is shit.

hawks85

Reaction score
GeekHawk":22zel2mt said:
This is all Pete. Schotty wants to open up the offense but Pete is a stubborn old bastard. Pete needs to call it quits. Pete is applying old school football in a era where it won't work. I've heard Pete and Schotty have had many disagreements about the offense and where it should go etc...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawks85":1rtb8131 said:
GeekHawk":1rtb8131 said:
This is all Pete. Schotty wants to open up the offense but Pete is a stubborn old bastard. Pete needs to call it quits. Pete is applying old school football in a era where it won't work. I've heard Pete and Schotty have had many disagreements about the offense and where it should go etc...
Source on the disagreement?

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
hawks85":3hfqfn5t said:
GeekHawk":3hfqfn5t said:
Wow.

When he adjusts and we're back in the playoffs again, I'm sure you'll be back to apologize to the best coach in franchise history.

We always have a few ugly games. We'll bounce back...

bandiger

Reaction score
hawks85":1qnocu2s said:
GeekHawk":1qnocu2s said:

Agree. I usually skip to 4th Q knowing or expecting them to under perform on offense and making all opponents look really tough to beat

Mick063

Reaction score
Read option is crap.

The unblocked defensive end is ambushing the running back. In perfect position to punch the football out.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I don’t hate Schotty. But I’ve noticed a troubling trend of him being unable to adjust when the game plan goes left. If a team shuts down the run, if we fall behind by too much, the playcalling just seems like a deer in headlights.

Polk738

Reaction score
I think Pete getting hit in the nose with a football should've been the first sign

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":ocnzl9vw said:
I don’t hate Schotty. But I’ve noticed a troubling trend of him being unable to adjust when the game plan goes left. If a team shuts down the run, if we fall behind by too much, the playcalling just seems like a deer in headlights.

That's pretty much what I'm saying.

knownone

Reaction score
Is this serious? If you came away from this game thinking Schotty was the problem... I honestly don't know what to tell you.

justafan

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2vreqy1e said:
I'm pretty sure that all of us (at least, the rational ones) understand that when RW3 is calling plays the offense clicks. Which automatically means that the dude normally calling plays (and the offense doesn't click) is shit.

When does he call plays? We dont even know how often he audibles

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Scorpion05":25uay3ul said:
The Jets fans would agree with you.

Schottenheimer is a guy that is well known for sticking to the plan through thick and thin until told otherwise. He is very much a rank and file OC that will do exactly as directed no matter the outcome. There is a famous moment where Rex Ryan came up to him and asked him why they were running so much. Schottenheimer said that the plan was to keep running. Rex said "do you want to run the ball, or win the game?"

This is who Schottenheimer is. He follows the plan through to the letter and rarely deviates.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson accounted for over 450 offensive yards,,,he more than did his job...the play calling made it hard on him . Carroll needs to stay completely out of anything to do with the offense . Ultimately this game lands on Carroll . IMO

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
justafan":3nfq1i35 said:
GeekHawk":3nfq1i35 said:

When does he call plays? We dont even know how often he audibles

Don't be obtuse. It's obvious to the most casual observer that RW3 audibles late in games when we're behind. And that it always works to a treat.

Latest posts