Ongoing RB Preseason Thread

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
iigakusei":1p2k26ii said:
I really like Mike Davis and wouldn't mind having him on the team, Probably unrealistic though.

He has looked quite good. If they decide to cut bait on Lacy, I'd imagine he would be the guy over Collins.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":12pn4o04 said:
iigakusei":12pn4o04 said:
I really like Mike Davis and wouldn't mind having him on the team, Probably unrealistic though.

He has looked quite good. If they decide to cut bait on Lacy, I'd imagine he would be the guy over Collins.
Might need lacy to bulk back up and play left left tackle?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The more I see Lacy the more I miss Lynch.

Sorry, too soon?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2kp5crnn said:
Coug_Hawk08":2kp5crnn said:
iigakusei":2kp5crnn said:

Might need lacy to bulk back up and play left left tackle?

Financial incentives for getting back ABOVE those weight marks.

But he won't need 'em

chris98251

Reaction score
No Need just send him here.

Feast Buffet Renton, this place is huge, he would go in 245 and come out 315 in one sitting, google it and then look at all the pictures, endless Chinese and American foods.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Lynch flat out wore defenses down. He banged hard play after play. Didn't matter if it was for a yard or six, he made the defense pay a little something each time. Then comes the second half where he would often get a break-out run because the defense was so beat up.

Hawks haven't had that since. (We didn't really have it Beast's last season here either.)

Add about 15 pounds to Wilson which made him a lot slower and prone to getting caught/injured, a less dominant defense, and we've had the last few seasons looking from the outside @ the Super Bowl.

Wilson starts the season thinner and likely faster. That's good.

We still need that run game. Carson shows promise as do some of the others, but time will tell.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Y'all probably missed the part 2 weeks ago where Pete said that if they had Davis last year then he would have started?

Collins is literally last on the depth chart.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
vin.couve12":37lywn8d said:
Y'all probably missed the part 2 weeks ago where Pete said that if they had Davis last year then he would have started?

If they had a ham sandwich on the roster last year, he would have had a chance to start at RB.

Heck, they had Farmer, Magee, Pope, and McKissic at one time or another.

About Farmer, Carroll had this to say

“George has been my special project for some time now,” Carroll said. “He’s played a few different positions, and that’s because he’s such a talented athlete. He’s a really good competitor. He has a good mind for it, he’s handled the things that we’ve done with him. All along, when we drafted C.J. (Prosise), we looked at him and said George can do the same things that he could do. We’ll see if that works out. We really like the player, and I think you’re going to see he has a lot of versatility.”

After Carroll made that statement, Farmer played one game, had no runs, and snagged 1 catch for 4 yards before being cut then signed to the practice squad.

So you can't really use what Carroll says as a reliable metric on who really has a chance of making the team and staying on it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't believe Collins played tonight...it was Lacy, Carson, Davis, and McKissic. Were they trying to showcase McKissic and Davis? I don't expect either to make the team.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Collins didn't play because they have already figured out he isn't making the team.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2jgqwzg4 said:
vin.couve12":2jgqwzg4 said:

If they had a ham sandwich on the roster last year, he would have had a chance to start at RB.

“George has been my special project for some time now,” Carroll said. “He’s played a few different positions, and that’s because he’s such a talented athlete. He’s a really good competitor. He has a good mind for it, he’s handled the things that we’ve done with him. All along, when we drafted C.J. (Prosise), we looked at him and said George can do the same things that he could do. We’ll see if that works out. We really like the player, and I think you’re going to see he has a lot of versatility.”

After Carroll made that statement, Farmer played one game, had no runs, and snagged 1 catch for 4 yards before being cut then signed to the practice squad.

So you can't really use what Carroll says as a reliable metric on who really has a chance of making the team and staying on it.

Carroll is a major bullcrapper. Always has been. Just his thing.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rp3bven said:
Is it an ingrown hair or hangnail for Prosise this week?
So...Prosise has a ingrown hair on his groin?A eyelash in his eye?
I'm done with the guy,you have guys trying hard to play for this team and yet here is Prosise who cannot just man up for a couple of plays.I say keep Collins who has more heart and balls.

HawkerD

Reaction score
PC preaches COMPETE. How do Rawls and Procise make a roster when they don't compete??? OK, with Procise you have a tremendous upside. With Rawls a tiny bit of a track record. But still if you are only keeping 5, you give two spots to guys who can't stay healthy.

I am sure it driving PC nuts because he wants to keep Rawls and Prosise but he has other guys going out there and competing like crazy and doing a pretty god job given the lack of an OL.

They have to keep Carson and hpe he breaks out and stays healthy. I am really down on Rawls. Without some big holes Lacey is not getting down field. McKissic doesn't look bad either but he will get cut if Lockette can return kicks.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
HawkerD":afd45lzo said:
PC preaches COMPETE. How do Rawls and Procise make a roster when they don't compete??? OK, with Procise you have a tremendous upside. With Rawls a tiny bit of a track record. But still if you are only keeping 5, you give two spots to guys who can't stay healthy.

I am sure it driving PC nuts because he wants to keep Rawls and Prosise but he has other guys going out there and competing like crazy and doing a pretty god job given the lack of an OL.

They have to keep Carson and hpe he breaks out and stays healthy. I am really down on Rawls. Without some big holes Lacey is not getting down field. McKissic doesn't look bad either but he will get cut if Lockette can return kicks.
Exactly.
Carson is forcing the issue. He's proving to be tough, durable and can catch as well as Procise.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
bigskydoc":26o9826b said:
vin.couve12":26o9826b said:

No, he very specifically stated he would have STARTED for us last year. That's definitive, not his usual fluff.

The point of this is that he would have started over Collins too, just as he has been ahead of Collins in all 3 preseason games this year. Collins is gone and may not even make the PS. He was on ST coverage tonight and didn't sniff the field as a RB.

It's time to move on.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Start Bow-Legged Herschel, BTW. Rawls and Lacy can take a seat for that kid. 90 yards on 10 touches with the 1st team tonight.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2x9py4t2 said:
bigskydoc":2x9py4t2 said:
vin.couve12":2x9py4t2 said:

No, he very specifically stated he would have STARTED for us last year. That's definitive, not his usual fluff.

The point of this is that he would have started over Collins too, just as he has been ahead of Collins in all 3 preseason games this year. Collins is gone and may not even make the PS. He was on ST coverage tonight and didn't sniff the field as a RB.

It's time to move on.

Davis was awful in tonight's game. He had 6 carries for 11 yards. Not starting caiber at all. He's gone and so is McKissic. When McKissic wasn't fumbling kickoffs, he was tripping over turf. He wasn't very good at returning kicks or punts tonight. Yes he had some great runs against the Chiefs 3rd and 4th stringers....woo hoo. That's not enough for him to make the team. Collins is looking like he will be on PS. He has that option, I don't believe Davis or McKissic do. They have been in the league for some time now.