Ongoing RB Preseason Thread

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Looking ahead, I wonder how many games will it take for Pete to eventually start Carson? If Lacey perhaps expectedly struggles, Rawls is injured or mediocre in production, just how long will it take to give Carson the nod?

Rawls got his shot 2 years ago, so Carson being a rookie should have nothing to do with it.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see the rotation being Carson and Lacy with Rawls as a change of pace every couple sets of downs and Prosise still playing wild card but with Carson's break out it now makes Prosise and his injury less a loss. Carson showed he can catch, run and get downfield tonight as well as adjust to the ball and pass block.

TwilightError

Reaction score
King Dog":1omp0k49 said:
I think the final roster is gonna be:

1. Rawls
2. Lacy
3. Prosise
4. Carson
5. Reece

I like this. But I think Lacy will start. Carson has a chance to overtake atleast prosise and rawls as they tend to be injured at some point.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The only question at this point is how many games it takes until Carson is the starter

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ykqjvdp said:
vin.couve12":1ykqjvdp said:
bigskydoc":1ykqjvdp said:
vin.couve12":1ykqjvdp said:
Y'all probably missed the part 2 weeks ago where Pete said that if they had Davis last year then he would have started?

If they had a ham sandwich on the roster last year, he would have had a chance to start at RB.

Heck, they had Farmer, Magee, Pope, and McKissic at one time or another.

About Farmer, Carroll had this to say

“George has been my special project for some time now,” Carroll said. “He’s played a few different positions, and that’s because he’s such a talented athlete. He’s a really good competitor. He has a good mind for it, he’s handled the things that we’ve done with him. All along, when we drafted C.J. (Prosise), we looked at him and said George can do the same things that he could do. We’ll see if that works out. We really like the player, and I think you’re going to see he has a lot of versatility.”

After Carroll made that statement, Farmer played one game, had no runs, and snagged 1 catch for 4 yards before being cut then signed to the practice squad.

So you can't really use what Carroll says as a reliable metric on who really has a chance of making the team and staying on it.
No, he very specifically stated he would have STARTED for us last year. That's definitive, not his usual fluff.

The point of this is that he would have started over Collins too, just as he has been ahead of Collins in all 3 preseason games this year. Collins is gone and may not even make the PS. He was on ST coverage tonight and didn't sniff the field as a RB.

It's time to move on.

Davis was awful in tonight's game. He had 6 carries for 11 yards. Not starting caiber at all. He's gone and so is McKissic. When McKissic wasn't fumbling kickoffs, he was tripping over turf. He wasn't very good at returning kicks or punts tonight. Yes he had some great runs against the Chiefs 3rd and 4th stringers....woo hoo. That's not enough for him to make the team. Collins is looking like he will be on PS. He has that option, I don't believe Davis or McKissic do. They have been in the league for some time now.
I'm just using Davis for the sake of argument. He won't make the team, although he'd still be a better 4th back than Collins as shown in the depth chart through the first 3 PS games.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
With the emergence of Carson as a potential bell cow 3 down back, I think it's even more likely Prosise makes the team. With Lacy/Rawls you have 1st/2nd down backs. Carson is showing some deft hands and great pass protection and can be a 1st/2nd/3rd down back. This gives them more leeway to baby prosise IMO. When healthy Prosise can win you a game. With the stable of backs we have it is entirely possible they keep him for those type of games.