Oregon Ducks basketball

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
WOW! Not just one ... but TWO teams from the Northwest in the Final Four!! I'm not an Oregon fan, but I have to give kudos to the Ducks. In all sincerity, I wish you all the best of luck against either North Carolina or Kentucky. It would be awesome to see it come down to the Zags vs. the Ducks in the Title Game.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Lady Ducks 26 point underdogs to UConn tonight. Time to shock the world (or at least the 139 people who pay attention to girls basketball).

I watched their last game, it was actually highly entertaining.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If Lady Ducks win tonight, greatest upset in the history of sports. Make a 30 for 30 about it immediately.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1dns8jfw said:
If Lady Ducks win tonight, greatest upset in the history of sports. Make a 30 for 30 about it immediately.

Well that was competitive for about 3 seconds.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The key to beating UNC is limiting Berry and Jackson. When those two have it going, they're the best team in the country in my opinion. The bigs of UNC are going to get theirs. Not a lot you can do against elite size, but if Ducks want to win they will have to limit the two perimeter guys on the second half.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Dmn I really wanted an all PNW Final. Oregon going for nothing but 3 balls the entire final 5 minutes was terrible.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Oregon was forced to shoot outside. UNC is just too long. Most NBA-ish team. Their inability to get those free throw rebounds magnified their one weakness all year. Rebounding. Funny how teams have tons of strong areas and 1 weakness, but that 1 weakness ends up being the dagger. Impressive for Oregon to get that far though being ranked 130th in rebounding.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks team will look a lot different next year. Ennis and Boucher are gone for sure. Brooks, Dorsey and bell all have decisions to make. None of them are likely first round picks. Bell and brooks should be 2nd round draftees and should be able to make an NBA roster. Dorsey will have opportunities to play overseas (he plays on the Greece national team). It would be awesome to see all 3 come back, but I'm not sure they'd ever be first round picks, so they might just want to get their pro careers started.

Have a lot of talented freshman coming in. And likely to add another 5 star in a couple weeks, plus rumors of a big time senior transfer coming in,

JGreen79

Reaction score
Crizilla":3493njed said:
Oregon was forced to shoot outside. UNC is just too long. Most NBA-ish team. Their inability to get those free throw rebounds magnified their one weakness all year. Rebounding. Funny how teams have tons of strong areas and 1 weakness, but that 1 weakness ends up being the dagger. Impressive for Oregon to get that far though being ranked 130th in rebounding.

And even then they were out rebounding UNC 43-41 until those free throws, even though it didn't seem like it was even close all game.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Really heartbreaking loss for Oregon. Hard to believe they just couldn't box out and get 1 of 2 rebounds to have a shot to win it. They fought and clawed to get back in it and it's just a very tough defeat.

They had a helluva run and a remarkable year. Very exciting team to watch

CPHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":bblocntu said:

130th is because the bigs were busy being 2nd in blocked shots. It's tough to go for every block, and turn and get rebounds.

We'll see what Brooks, Dorsey and Bell do. But if they return UO would be the pre season #1 with both Brown and McCoy added to the roster. Even if Brooks and Dorsey leave, UO would more than likely be a pre season top10 with a lineup of Prichard (6'2), Brown (6'7), Smith (6'7), Bell (6'9) and 6'11 McCoy. That's UNC like size in the lineup.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Brooks and Dorsey have declared for NBA draft. All indications are that bell will as well.

Also a lot of big time hoopsters looking to join the ducks in the next few weeks. Next years team could be better than this one was.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Doubt either will be a first rounder. Bell has a chance to be a first rounder, but I think there is a chance Brooks and Dorsey go undrafted.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1mdl8pr4 said:
Doubt either will be a first rounder. Bell has a chance to be a first rounder, but I think there is a chance Brooks and Dorsey go undrafted.

Most mocks have Brooks going in the top half of the 2nd round. Dorsey has duel citizenship in Greece, has played in their national team and will likely play professionally over there.