Oregon vs Washington game time set.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Washington appears to be honoring coach Sark tonight with their undisciplined play and unforced errors.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":354kypfy said:
I really hope John Ross has a complete recovery, this team really needs a big play receiver on offense.

I forget what was his injury? A knee? He's one if the few huskies I really like.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":qlya8q1s said:
SeatownJay":qlya8q1s said:
I really hope John Ross has a complete recovery, this team really needs a big play receiver on offense.

I forget what was his injury? A knee? He's one if the few huskies I really like.
Yeah, he injured his knee in Spring practice.

jkitsune

Reaction score
What an incredibly frustrating game, and such a 'young team' way to end the half. Dropped TD, FG, penalty on kickoff, blown 3rd down coverage, give the points right back.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2lhtgi3s said:
That may be the ballgame. I don't think this offense is good enough to overcome a 2-TD deficit.

Still not feeling good about that failed extra point. 1st possession in 2nd half will be huge, obviously.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Throwdown":28039iqm said:
Why the hell does Browning clap his hands like he's leading a kids show sing along?

If you’ve watched a Washington Huskies game since coach Chris Petersen took over prior to the 2014 season, you’ve surely noticed that UW quarterbacks also use this cadence. Instead of calling out the snap count audibly, or using a silent count and accompanying hand signal, the ball is snapped at the clap of the quarterback’s hands.

The reason for doing it this way, Petersen said, is simple: Everyone on offense can hear it, regardless of how loud the stadium might be.

Petersen first noticed this when he was coaching at Boise State and a visiting opponent used a clap cadence instead of a silent or verbal count.

The sound cut through the din of a noisy, sellout crowd, loud enough for Petersen to hear it on the sideline.

“We did different snap counts,” Petersen said. “We’ve been through the gamut. And so they kind of all work, so (whatever) what you think works best for you. And playing in some loud stadiums, it’s amazing — they can get really loud, and guys can still usually hear that clap.”

There are other advantages, too. UW offensive coordinator Jonathan Smith said he likes that all 11 offensive players can have their eyes up, looking at the field and defense ahead of them, instead of trained on the center.

With a silent cadence — for example, a snap triggered by the quarterback dropping his right hand in a downward motion — the center has to watch the quarterback, and other offensive players have to watch for the center’s head to move to indicate the snap of the ball.

With the clap count, offensive players can move based on that sound alone.

“If I play left tackle, even when it’s loud, if we’re going on the hand (signal) my eyes are inside, waiting for the center’s head to go up,” Smith said. “But now that we’re in clap, I can keep my eyes up. That’s really the biggest piece for me.”

And it’s just as easy for the quarterback to fake a clap as it is to call out a fake “hut” or other oral signal, Petersen said.

On some plays, Petersen said, the quarterback is raising his arms to simulate a clapping motion “the whole time” pre-play.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... rylink=cpy

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't get to watch much UW anymore since pac 12 network isn't on DirecTV, I know more about LSU and Clemson than I do my own team.

jkitsune

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2xkdsem5 said:
Why are college football halftimes so long? The halftime of the Super Bowl doesn't take this long.

Money. It's absurd, and is one of the main reasons college games often last 4 hours.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Browning has to learn to feel pressure and throw the ball away. And field goals are not going to win this game. If Oregon scores a TD here it's game over.

jkitsune

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2rdn8fga said:
Browning has to learn to feel pressure and throw the ball away. And field goals are not going to win this game. If Oregon scores a TD here it's game over.

Agreed. I like a lot of what I see in his game, but there are still so many moments that remind you that he's a true freshman, and probably would've done well to redshirt.

kearly

Reaction score
All Oregon has to do is not crap all over themselves and they will win. UW did not show up to play tonight.

That said it's probably a different game if UW is as good on 3rd and long as they are on all the other downs defensively. Third and long failures took the crowd out of the game almost immediately.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kearly":1ff6syx1 said:
All Oregon has to do is not crap all over themselves and they will win. UW did not show up to play tonight.

That said it's probably a different game if UW is as good on 3rd and long as they are on all the other downs defensively. Third and long failures took the crowd out of the game almost immediately.
Oregon is simply a better team with better talent that, unlike USC, isn't hampered by their coach.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2xuil0cb said:
kearly":2xuil0cb said:

Oregon is simply a better team with better talent that, unlike USC, isn't hampered by their coach.

Ducks weaknesses match up well with the huskies.

jkitsune

Reaction score
This team should be ashamed of their effort tonight.

jkitsune

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3s5b8fr4 said:
If this is an actual punt, Petersen is admitting that this game is over.

Chris completely rolled over. No killer instinct. Pooch punt 4th and 1 from their 37 to start the game, then punting it away down 3 scores late.