Our run game is trash

getnasty

Reaction score
Last 6 games have been horrible. Felt like yesterday was a day to take advantage of a mediocre run defense but once again underwhelming.

Need to find away to at least be efficient. Hoping the OL can gel a bit, running backs get a little healthier and Shane can find some creativity in his bag to get things trending in the right direction.

keasley45

Reaction score
Last 6 games have been horrible. Felt like yesterday was a day to take advantage of a mediocre run defense but once again underwhelming.

Need to find away to at least be efficient. Hoping the OL can gel a bit, running backs get a little healthier and Shane can find some creativity in his bag to get things trending in the right direction.

The run game was actually the reason we won against the Eagles. But yeah. It hasn't been great.

Here's hoping for better things in 24. After all, it is a special # in Seahawks lore.

GemCity

Reaction score
I think the run game is out of sync. I see either the runner getting to the spot of the hole too early or blockers coming in late. I think it needs a whole offseason to fix.
I agree with the synchronization but, I also believe the injuries have had a lot to do with it.

With everyone healthy (Lucas…Cross…K9…etc..), I think it’ll come together quick.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't like running out of the shotgun with Geno.
When Lock played we did better from under the center in running,
so why does Geno have to be in the gun most of the time?
He's not a short QB.

cymatica

Reaction score
I agree with the synchronization but, I also believe the injuries have had a lot to do with it.

With everyone healthy (Lucas…Cross…K9…etc..), I think it’ll come together quick.
Titans have been decimated by injuries, yet they were opening up huge holes and getting 10 yards runs on 1st down.

DJrmb

Reaction score
He's not a short QB.
Exactly this. I especially hate running short yardage from shotgun!

Polk738

Reaction score
He's not a short QB.

I think this is mostly due to how much inside zone the Seahawks run, inside zone is easier to run in shotgun as it gives more space for the RB to make cutbacks if need be. The O-line IMO is still very raw, Lucas hasn't been healthy since week 1, and it's been a constant shuffle at the guard position all year.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Then lead with that, next time

Hyperbole for effect is so tired on the internet. It just stokes division and anger.

We can all have opinions without such polarity. Most things are neither as good or as bad as they seem.

Buddy it's an NFL forum. Next time I'll send it my editor before hitting the post button.

Latest posts