Our run game is trash

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Our interior line hasn't been very good. Bradford in particular has had a tough time.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Our interior line hasn't been very good. Bradford in particular has had a tough time.
I wouldn't mind seeing Peter's kick in at RG for Bradford every now and then. It goes against the idea of 5 guys playing together all the time but Peter's seems like he'd be a nice fit at there.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Peter's kick in at RG for Bradford every now and then. It goes against the idea of 5 guys playing together all the time but Peter's seems like he'd be a nice fit at there.
Bradford has had some good play mixed in with bad (rookie) and Peters
I believe has filled in multiple spots at times but I'm not what his snap
count /where is.
I'm not sure the Hawks have had all 5 playing together much at all, it seems
like someone comes out every game hurt but that's all over the place.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I see a very predictable uninventive run game that continues to try to run the ball up the middle between the gaps with a below average interior line that can't create holes.

As opposed to oh Idk, using Walker in a more dynamic CMC role getting him out into space with WAY more layered misdirection, screens, etc.

Especially frustrating with a very good compliment of TE's who can not only block, but leak out into pass patterns helping pull LB's and DB's away from the play.

seahawks08

Reaction score
We had more emphasis on run when Lock played to reduce risk. Our Oline needs a little more practice to make it running ready and K9 needs that rhythm and timing right. Holes are being created but not where the run gaps that are being called. Running up the middle requires synchronization of center, double teaming to clear A gap and avoid leaking another gap to stop penetration that blows up the play. We need disguised runs until our first year rookie/second year players get the timing right. We did some peel off and hooks in zone running but developing screen plays are also an important aspect of this game.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Seems like center has been a revolving door since Unger left so I'd definitely go there.
I agree. Same story with the Bears. Patrick has been awful. Both teams should draft a center in the third round.

morgulon1

Reaction score
We had more emphasis on run when Lock played to reduce risk. Our Oline needs a little more practice to make it running ready and K9 needs that rhythm and timing right. Holes are being created but not where the run gaps that are being called. Running up the middle requires synchronization of center, double teaming to clear A gap and avoid leaking another gap to stop penetration that blows up the play. We need disguised runs until our first year rookie/second year players get the timing right. We did some peel off and hooks in zone running but developing screen plays are also an important aspect of this game.

Yeah

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If he were better than Brown, he would be playing. But it takes time for rookies to develop, so it is possible in 2024.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Give Geno the opportunity with lots more designed or optioned running plays.

He's smart, he can do it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Has anyone here been thrilled with Charbonnet’s production??

If Seattle does not have K9–Seattle is a world of pain…

Charbonet can’t carry this run game for Seattle. He doesn’t possess the lateral quickness and explosiveness as Walker does.

As of right now, year 1, for Charbonnet, it has been underwhelming, honestly.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't like running out of the shotgun with Geno.
When Lock played we did better from under the center in running,
so why does Geno have to be in the gun most of the time?
He's not a short QB.

I've noticed a lot of high snaps that throw off the timing.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Geno should be taking more snaps under center, opens up the RPO and much easier to disguise the play. The running game will benefit too, and could be much more creative.

Won't happen but I wish it would.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Has anyone here been thrilled with Charbonnet’s production??

If Seattle does not have K9–Seattle is a world of pain…

Charbonet can’t carry this run game for Seattle. He doesn’t possess the lateral quickness and explosiveness as Walker does.

As of right now, year 1, for Charbonnet, it has been underwhelming, honestly.

Ehh I like Charbonnet and think he's done fine. Earlier in the year I thought he looked just as good as Walker and thought he deserved more touches. I still think Charbs should be getting the short yardage carries too. Walker is definitely the #1 though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, our run game is not trash at all. Tenn. has a pretty damn good D Line. Walker is a beast. But like KJ is talking about this morning, he needs to just hit the hole and not always try to bounce outside. He's absolutely capable.
Also, what was with all the high snaps in that game? All damn game long, high snaps.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I'd be looking to upgrade Lewis' guard spot. He just doesn't seem to have performed very well for the last couple years now. That is an important spot in the running game.
Okay, but isn’t center a higher positional value overall?

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Ehh I like Charbonnet and think he's done fine. Earlier in the year I thought he looked just as good as Walker and thought he deserved more touches. I still think Charbs should be getting the short yardage carries too. Walker is definitely the #1 though.
I agree. In fact, Charbonnet has a slightly higher yards per carry average (4.2 to 4.0). As far as pass blocking, Charbonnet is MUCH better than Walker. I like Walker and I'm fine with him getting the bulk of the carries, but Charbonnet is a very good third down back and a great option when Walker is banged up and unable to play.

GemCity

Reaction score
I see a very predictable uninventive run game that continues to try to run the ball up the middle between the gaps with a below average interior line that can't create holes.

As opposed to oh Idk, using Walker in a more dynamic CMC role getting him out into space with WAY more layered misdirection, screens, etc.

Especially frustrating with a very good compliment of TE's who can not only block, but leak out into pass patterns helping pull LB's and DB's away from the play.
Although I think our run game is coming along, considering injuries, I agree about getting Walker in space. Dude is dynamic and shouldn’t have to create as much as he does in the first 1-2 yards.

I’d love to see a mix of Charbs power/inside runs…still sprinkle some K9 in on those…and certainly let K9 work behind the TEs.

We have a great group of TEs.