Paul Richardson....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Loved Richardson last night, that come backer where Russell rolled to his right and rocketed a ball that Richardson caught at full speed coming back towards Russell was a thing of beauty. NOT an easy catch, and he made it look simple.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
During our 2 minute drill at the end of the first half he caught 2 balls in bounds with no timeouts and both times kept the ball and ran it straight to the refs. I loved the smarts by the rookie.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
pehawk":1zzaj5i9 said:
Is he the best WR on the team? I think so.
best WR title as it stands right now definitely goes to dougie fresh. so clutch, so cerebral, such hands #adb4life

however, prich is a gamer, too. i know he hasnt splashed like other rookies thus far (watkins, evans, benjamin, or obj ) - but my opinion on this kid from what ive seen? objectively? homerism aside?

--

from what ive seen so far (including college film) is that his floor (where hes at right now) is pretty high. but honestly i cant wait to see how far his ceiling really is. i think a lot is tied up into outside variables, but hes a potential gamebreaker. i think his ceiling is up there with marvin freaking harrison in his prime if he stays tuned in and stays healthy. harrison wasnt as fast as prich but at the same body type had great route running, hands, and improvisation with manning.

entering the season everyone already knew about richardsons blazing 4.3 speed (arizona dbs were backing way off him sunday :p ) and prich already has really good hands and catch radius. but what im digging in this small sample size is the fact that richardson is out there competing in big games as a rook, vs physical defenses, unafraid, showing good route running, improvisation, toughness to make tough catches in traffic in big games, all while being able to hold onto the ball while taking an NFL lick at 180lbs. yes, he does need to adjust better to contested deep balls, as he wont get free as often as he did in college and will have to learn to battle for the ball. although hes doesnt necessarily have, say percy harvins super-fast quickness/agility, his top-end speed is forreal. potentially gamebreaking. it hasnt been on display yet this offense as there hasnt been enough time in the pocket to let deep routes develop. but trust me, its a matchstick ready to strike.

*hopefully* we can start to get more time from our o-line to see this kid run deep routes with his long-speed, breaking defenses over the top. he has the timing down on comebacks and short routes with wilson already.

i think carroll, and more importantly russell are gaining more trust in this kid each game. again, i think we will see that richardson is a potential gamebreaker when/if there is more trust once he proves he can win 1v1 battles for deep balls, and there is more time for deep plays to develop. the talent, skill and toughness are there. its tough watching receivers like kearse never get seperation or get off the line, and letting defenses stack the box to contain lynch. i see the reasoning behind drafting richardson already. #genius

seahawks187

Reaction score
he is the most talented WR on this team.. last few weeks the trust RW has built with him has shown. RW already has the trust with baldwin and kearse.. GO HAWKS

nolachawks

Reaction score
Dude is on his way. I am really looking forward to see him grow into a great receiver. I still think he needs add a couple pounds.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Doug by far is the best WR on the team. His problem is that he makes being clutch look easy and normal. He is constantly bailing out the passing game. It has gotten routine for him. PR has done it a few times. Granted he is young and new to the offense but he has a ways to before he is a Doug Baldwin.

Doug Baldwin is the rock on which the passing game is anchored.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2tbc5ir5 said:
Loved Richardson last night, that come backer where Russell rolled to his right and rocketed a ball that Richardson caught at full speed coming back towards Russell was a thing of beauty. NOT an easy catch, and he made it look simple.

He's really been Wilson's go-to as a last-chance on those roll-outs. Guys with elite quickness need to be that kind of guy and I'm glad he's stepped up his game for that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Looks like he's right on schedule to me. Now if Norwood develops like I think he will we would be one Sidney Rice type away from being considered an elite WR corps.

mikeak

Reaction score
SonicHawk":385fi4ef said:
pehawk":385fi4ef said:
Hawkpower":385fi4ef said:
SonicHawk":385fi4ef said:
No, Doug Baldwin is clearly the best WR on the team.

However, Richardson has done an excellent job coming back and bailing out RW when he gets in trouble.

I have a bit of hope for him to be a solid piece, but I still am not convinced he was worth the pick (he's still young, plenty of time).

I admire you sticking to your guns with this argument, despite the weekly growing evidence against it.

Takes a certain amount of courage....... 8)

Is Sonic a known Richardson hater or something?

He has 24 career catches for 211 yards and was drafted in the 2nd round...

All in the same year as Sammy Watkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Donte Moncrief, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Hurns, Jordan Mathews --

Nothing about his play has said to me 'Man, he's special,' -- I think his ceiling is pretty low, but at least he's good enough to be in the NFL and be a serviceable #2/#3.

YES - because we play the same type of offense as the players on those teams. It is completely accurate to compare a rookie WR on the Seahawks team with those guys. Our top WR was about the 60th spot of all receivers as of last week - just saying......

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1wx1bdox said:
pehawk":1wx1bdox said:
Hawkpower":1wx1bdox said:
SonicHawk":1wx1bdox said:
No, Doug Baldwin is clearly the best WR on the team.

However, Richardson has done an excellent job coming back and bailing out RW when he gets in trouble.

I have a bit of hope for him to be a solid piece, but I still am not convinced he was worth the pick (he's still young, plenty of time).

I admire you sticking to your guns with this argument, despite the weekly growing evidence against it.

Takes a certain amount of courage....... 8)

Is Sonic a known Richardson hater or something?

He has 24 career catches for 211 yards and was drafted in the 2nd round...

All in the same year as Sammy Watkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Donte Moncrief, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Hurns, Jordan Mathews --

Nothing about his play has said to me 'Man, he's special,' -- I think his ceiling is pretty low, but at least he's good enough to be in the NFL and be a serviceable #2/#3.

Like I said, we all admire your dedication to your opinion. Most would have begun to change when the evidence proved them wrong, so good for you.

As has been pointed out, not entirely fair to compare those other guys considering the offense and role Richardson plays, but hey every opinion needs a devils advocate so there is that.

seedhawk

Reaction score
I don't think we have a "best" receiver. We do however have a group of role players who complement each other. What I believe we are witnessing is our pass offense maturing to where we actually are getting comfortable with certain combinations of players in certain roles.

I am not a big comparison kinda guy but, to me, Baldwin is a ton like Engram was for us. Can play any WR position well enough, but the slot is the best spot. Looks to me like P-Rich is gaining ground there also. Another year or so and he could well be Baldy with Speed.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ior3wmg said:
Like I said, we all admire your dedication to your opinion. Most would have begun to change when the evidence proved them wrong, so good for you.

As has been pointed out, not entirely fair to compare those other guys considering the offense and role Richardson plays, but hey every opinion needs a devils advocate so there is that.

The dude has 212 yards receiving this year, I'm not going to praise him... Mike Evans nearly had that in a single game this year.

Your blinded by your 12 glasses, Richardson has done nothing to say 'man, he's exceptional' -- but he's just a rookie and he is improving.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3ely1ok3 said:
YES - because we play the same type of offense as the players on those teams. It is completely accurate to compare a rookie WR on the Seahawks team with those guys. Our top WR was about the 60th spot of all receivers as of last week - just saying......

Our WRs are not good. Paul Richardson is good compared to other Seahawks WRs (besides Doug). He wouldn't be on the field with half the teams in the league.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SonicHawk":e8v1vzve said:
Hawkpower":e8v1vzve said:

The dude has 212 yards receiving this year, I'm not going to praise him... Mike Evans nearly had that in a single game this year.

Your blinded by your 12 glasses, Richardson has done nothing to say 'man, he's exceptional' -- but he's just a rookie and he is improving.

Im not blinded by anything.

Too early to label Richardson anything at all.

The only person blinded here is the person struggling to maintain the narrative they established weeks ago. Its never fun to be proven wrong.

Good for you.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You keep saying I'm wrong yet Paul Richardson still only has 212 yards and 1 TD with a career long of 22.

5 receptions for 52 yards sounds like a slot receiver or TE. He's supposed to be an outside receiver with breakaway speed and we've seen that exactly 0 times.

He's still young, he still can turn into an excellent receiver, but I'm not going to give in because he posts a 50 yard receiving day when the Seahawks go for damn near 600 yards.

John Brown is already a better receiver than Richardson.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Why is Roland posting under Sonic's account?