Paul Sewald Traded........

Crizilla

Reaction score
I actually think they should keep Teo and use him as permanent DH.

NoGain

Reaction score
Canzone has been up in MLB for 15 games. His xwoba would rank 2nd on the Ms. I think he may be fine.
Like I said, I'm only going by the scouting reports and prospect rankings I read. From that, it just didn't seem like he was a very painful loss for them. We'll see.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Giants fan here.
How has AJ Pollack played when healthy?
hard to find video on him for this season….

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Mix

Reaction score
1-0 Since July 31st trades.

stack55

Reaction score
We could have used Sewald tonight in the 9th. Maybe Canzone can
turn into a hitter. I didn’t think he looked that bad in D-back series.

Echawks

Reaction score
canzone looked alright just unlucky.. at least in the limited amount i saw he hits the ball hard

getnasty

Reaction score
Interesting move for sure. Today i'm not sure i like it but 365 days from now I think I will. I think they trade Hernandez today in a similar move. Grab a couple of younger guys that are close and the club has years of control over.

getnasty

Reaction score
Munoz has been a little shakey lately but I have always had more confidence in him then Sewald anyways. Matt Barsh is a dominant if you can find the strike zone. It's the 7th inning guy i'll worry about but even those guys have been solid.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Brilliant move. Get rid of one of your best high leverage relievers and also don't improve any area of your team at the same time. We already have a roster full of poor to mediocre hitters at the big league level. We really don't need any more.
I'm just waiting to see Dipshitpoto trade Herandez and Suarez for a utility infielder who bats .207, but was an all-star 5 years ago. Or maybe for him to trade one of our best starters for two minor leaguers who are both coming off injury.

Jokes aside, I would love to see them move on from Rally Killer France. Enough already. I'm not sure we've ever seen a Mariners hitter hit into more double plays to end a rally than France this year. Brutal. He used to be a hell of a hitter, and clutch. He seems to be just toast.

NoGain

Reaction score
When I really think about it, there's only two position players on the Mariners roster I wouldn't deal if the right offer came along, Julio and Cal. Julio is a budding star, and Cal is a young catcher who seems to work well with our staff, and he's a decent enough hitter. I'm just neither attached to anyone else nor think they've earned anything even close to untouchability. I could possibly be swayed by Crawford, but you'd have to work hard to convince me.

Obviously you're not going to sell the whole lot, but geez this lineup is not one worth getting at all attached to.

Mix

Reaction score
I'm just waiting to see Dipshitpoto trade Herandez and Suarez for a utility infielder who bats .207, but was an all-star 5 years ago. Or maybe for him to trade one of our best starters for two minor leaguers who are both coming off injury.

Jokes aside, I would love to see them move on from Rally Killer France. Enough already. I'm not sure we've ever seen a Mariners hitter hit into more double plays to end a rally than France this year. Brutal. He used to be a hell of a hitter, and clutch. He seems to be just toast.
It's funny because when we got Suarez and Winker from the Reds, many people complained about how over priced and weak offensively Suarez was. Hernandez is a FA and to be honest isn't that great of a Bat, for what we might get in return from a needy team.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hoping to look back at the Sewald trade and realize it was pretty solid.

And...........the Cheatstros get Verlander. Some teams care about winning. This front office gives me hives.

Last edited: