Paul Sewald Traded........

balakoth

Reaction score
Hoping to look back at the Sewald trade and realize it was pretty solid.

And...........the Cheatstros get Verlander. Some teams care about winning. This front office gives me hives.
Mets top two pitchers.. traded... and their performance has nothing to do with the rest of the team... yet we are suppose to be mad houston gave away MORE of their team for that old ass mfer?

I love the rangers got Max.. dude is giving up long balls like they are honey

It is going to be an interesting 2 month run to the end... wild card is tight bunched so it should make it more fun .. even if we dont make it.. really pumps the ticket sales and "fun" at the park when its still close.. which I appreciate as we spend way to much to watch these idiots do diddly every year rofl

ivotuk

Reaction score
Meet the prospects the Mariners have acquired at Deadline

by Daniel Kramer July 31st, 2023

Dominic Canzone, OF (No. 13 prospect)
Acquired from D-backs for Sewald

Pipeline scouting report: Canzone never batted below .323 in any of his three seasons at Ohio State, and he went out with a bang as a junior in 2019 with a program-record 59-game on-base streak. Scouts were still not sold his swing would hold up in the pros, and the D-backs snagged him in the eighth round. The left-handed slugger was a productive High-A and Double-A hitter in his first full season in 2021 and got some time in the Arizona Fall League to boot. He spent the majority of his age-24 campaign with Triple-A Reno, slashing .284/.349/.489 with 16 homers in 88 games, but went unprotected and unpicked in last year’s Rule 5 Draft when eligible. He raked again in Reno in 2023 with an OPS north of 1.000, which led to his first big league callup in July.

Mix

Reaction score
3-1 Since the trade.

bileever

Reaction score
Now that it's been a week, I don't love the trade, but at least it's better than what the Angels did, trade their future for two-month rentals. If the Angels don't make the playoffs and lose Ohtani, it's going to be a painful rebuild for them.

The Astros and Rangers helped themselves by getting some good starting pitching, but we didn't need that. The problem this year was that the best players on the market were pitchers and other pieces that we didn't need. I blame the Mets.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
It's always best to trade a reliever at peak value then signing one. The Sewald trade makes sense. Best of luck to him.

I'm pretty bullish on Canzone. He's got a solid swing with big time power. He just needs to get into a groove and find himself with the M's. The kid was nuking 500 ft bombs in the minors. He's always making solid contact. Also haven't you noticed he doesn't strike out or even whiff much. He's going to be the star of this trade. He is going to start nuking the ball in the seats soon.

Mix

Reaction score
4-1 Since Trade.

2.5 Games back in the WC.

2 More Wins / 3 Losses Less than the Angels.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think getting rid of the 2 dead weights helped more than Sewald..
Ms pitching is so good they will find another closer easier than most do.

sutz

Reaction score
I think getting rid of the 2 dead weights helped more than Sewald..
Ms pitching is so good they will find another closer easier than most do.
This. Sure, I loved Sewald, but look back a bit. This is like the 3rd time we've traded away our "closer" in the last 5 years and we've been winning at a 90 win clip anyway. What we gave up with Paul was experience. Now all of our leverage guys are kinda young, which is always a possible source of problems. They're holding it together fairly well so far.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This. Sure, I loved Sewald, but look back a bit. This is like the 3rd time we've traded away our "closer" in the last 5 years and we've been winning at a 90 win clip anyway. What we gave up with Paul was experience. Now all of our leverage guys are kinda young, which is always a possible source of problems. They're holding it together fairly well so far.
I trust this staff. I trust em even more with pitchers.

Chapow

Reaction score
6-1 Since Trade.

Everyone step back from the ledge yet?

Are they 6-1 since the trade because of the trade, or are they 6-1 since the trade for other reasons?

We lost one of our best high leverage relievers and the guys we got in return have contributed essentially nothing so far.

It hasn't come back to haunt us yet, and maybe it never will, but this team, this season is a better team with Paul Sewald than with 2 replacement level position players.

Mix

Reaction score
Are they 6-1 since the trade because of the trade, or are they 6-1 since the trade for other reasons?

We lost one of our best high leverage relievers and the guys we got in return have contributed essentially nothing so far.

It hasn't come back to haunt us yet, and maybe it never will, but this team, this season is a better team with Paul Sewald than with 2 replacement level position players.
They are 6-1 since the trade. You can make up whatever reason you want. The fact remains, 6-1 since the trade.

They just crushed an Angels team that did what many here wanted, and made major moves at the deadline.

Sewald has yet to pitch in a game that the Diamonddbacks have won

Chapow

Reaction score
They are 6-1 since the trade. You can make up whatever reason you want. The fact remains, 6-1 since the trade.

I didn't make up anything. I asked you a question, which you didn't answer, and then explained why I didn't/don't like the trade.

They just crushed an Angels team that did what many here wanted, and made major moves at the deadline.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the trade or my opinion of it.

Sewald has yet to pitch in a game that the Diamonddbacks have won

Again, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the trade or my opinion of it.

Mix

Reaction score
I didn't make up anything. I asked you a question, which you didn't answer, and then explained why I didn't/don't like the trade.
I did answer, apparently you just didn't like it. That's fine. You can make the 6-1 record any combination of things if you want.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with the trade or my opinion of it.
Okay
Again, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the trade or my opinion of it.
Okay

Chapow

Reaction score
I did answer, apparently you just didn't like it. That's fine. You can make the 6-1 record any combination of things if you want.

You replied to my post, you didn't answer my question.

I'm sure it's probably futile, but I guess I'll give it a another shot anyway. Did you like the trade? If so, why? Do you think it made this team better?

Mix

Reaction score
You replied to my post, you didn't answer my question.

I'm sure it's probably futile, but I guess I'll give it a another shot anyway. Did you like the trade? If so, why? Do you think it made this team better?
Roster better is subjective.

If I go by non subjective record. They are 6-1 since the trade.

They are playing better.

Chapow

Reaction score
Roster better is subjective.

If I go by non subjective record. They are 6-1 since the trade.

They are playing better.

Tell me you're unfamiliar with the concept of correlation vs causation without telling me you're unfamiliar with the concept of correlation vs causation.