Pay Kam

jake206

Reaction score
Kam is prolly putting this up as exhibit A for reasons to cave in:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/643154056303742976[/tweet]

OpHawk

Reaction score
Kam might have been the difference for a win today. And I still would not pay him. His selfishness has cost his team and friends. Let him rot.

randomation

Reaction score
If Kam cared at all about his bros in the LoB he would have been heading to JS's office immediately after this game to rejoin the team. Frankly I don't think he does the hawks were willing to give him a 3 million dollar raise next season and he said that wasn't enough. Beyond selfish and any talk of brotherhood is utter bs

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":25apjtxn said:
The NFL teams can cut a guy and just forget about the contract anytime they want. If a player can't live up to his contract, they void it. But didn't THEY agree to a contract too? But an employee try to do the same and everyone is yelling Screw Kam. Well, he has a right to do the exact opposite of what the team would do to him.

He's playing ABOVE contract, so he's voiding it, just like they'd do if he played BELOW it.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1sd78bbn said:
SalishHawkFan":1sd78bbn said:
The NFL teams can cut a guy and just forget about the contract anytime they want. If a player can't live up to his contract, they void it. But didn't THEY agree to a contract too? But an employee try to do the same and everyone is yelling Screw Kam. Well, he has a right to do the exact opposite of what the team would do to him.

He's playing ABOVE contract, so he's voiding it, just like they'd do if he played BELOW it.

not-listening.gif

- 12th man

inda2o6

Reaction score
I'm suprised, by his willingness to sit out. Look at Bruce Irvin, he changed his mindset when the Hawks told him they weren't going to pick up his 5th yr option. I'm guessing Kam wants that money the Hawks have, from potentially not re-signing Bruce next year. Russel Okung is the only other Big contract needing to be re-upped, right?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
They already paid him. Now they get to keep his game checks

Rob12

Reaction score
Tough situation. Even the most staunch Kam detractors - and count me as one - have to believe that he would have been the difference today.

That doesn't mean for one damn second that I'd cave to his wants though.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":320yjw59 said:
SalishHawkFan":320yjw59 said:

Yeah, thats not true, not even a little bit. Someone doesn't have a firm grasp on contract rules in the NFL...

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3gh3mzls said:
SalishHawkFan":3gh3mzls said:

So getting paid highest at SS salary isnt enough? He is like the 8th highest SAFETY salary in the entire league which is FS AND SS. Not like he is playing for peanuts like Wilson had to do for 3 years as a superbowl winning QB

Hawks46

Reaction score
The way to get paid would be to show up and ball out like Bennett is doing.

If Kam had showed up and played, and all he was really asking for is the money to get forwarded, then I'd theorize the FO would do that.

Fans are wanting this to happen, but there's 3 years left on the deal. What's to keep Kam from not liking how his 2017 salary looked after the Hawks forwarded that money to '16, and then holding out because there's only 1 year on his contract ?

kujohawk

Reaction score
Nope. A deal's a deal and that's it. If you don't keep your end what's going to make me think you will honor the second one?

He won't play for 5.5 or whatever so if they move up the money he definitely wouldn't play for 2.5 in '17 would he?

HansHawk

Reaction score
Sherm and Earl hardly played in the pre-season. Plug it two new DB's and you have a unit that is not cohesive in any way. I bet they themselves certainly don't feel like the LOB in any way. Either Kam comes back and this is fixed pretty easily and quickly or it will take time for this group to gel (which they didn't/couldn't do in the pre-season).

kf3339

Reaction score
It's not our legacy that's being tarnished right now. Personally, I think it might be best to just trade him, but the team will probably keep him until he returns to the team. Then who knows?

endzorn

Reaction score
Not paying Kam isn't about punishing him for being selfish, it's about being prudent with your cap money. When a player signs a deal that he and his agent have negotiated he needs to understand that the team is going to use the rest of their money as they deem necessary for their team's success. If Kam is pissed off that other players are now getting paid more then he should have waited until free agency to sign his deal at maximum value rather than signing a year early and taking security over risk/big money.

Seattle better not cave. It would open up a world of problems. Right now he's holding out and hurting his team because he wasn't smart enough to get the money when the opportunity was in front of him.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":11u01n53 said:
Maelstrom787":11u01n53 said:
SalishHawkFan":11u01n53 said:

Yeah, thats not true, not even a little bit. Someone doesn't have a firm grasp on contract rules in the NFL...

That's exactly how it is. Please explain how it's wrong.