Per ESPN/Schefter, Hawks trade for OT Duane Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":zg0m57oq said:
Duane brown allows 1 sack every 3 games.
Just heard on 710ESPN radio that Brown only allowed 1 sack in 2016.

MOSES

Reaction score
hawkfan68":59qd0f89 said:
Now it's Brown vs. Ifedi for #76. Brown wore #76 for the Texans. How much does he shell out to Ifedi for that number? or if they have a wrestling match for it...who wins? Ifedi likes to brawl...just ask Frank Clark.

20 is available.....

:2thumbs:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Just a great pickup and exactly what we needed. Yes a 2nd in '19 is perhaps a little steep given Brown's contract but if we're all in to win now-for this year and next then you have to make these moves. If we end up with a SB run then it will all be worth it.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I don't remember how many O-Line have come through Seattle in the past 2 years alone ...
Hopefully the O-Line carousel is over.

What is your ideal O-Line for the next game?
Brown ---- Pocic --- Britt --- Aboushi --- Ifedi

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":xtcvaecc said:
joeseahawks":xtcvaecc said:
This is a great trade.
Does the price we pay matter if we win the SB this year? I mean ...
We have all we need for another SB run this year. We have the defense. And yesterday we proved that we have the QB and recovers for a SB run. Even our maligned running game could be great, with decent O-Line play.
I said it before and I'll repeat it: Pete is going for it in 2017. This is his last season... After we win the SB, Pete will retire.
Our team is not built for next year. It is built for 2017. We all need to forget about next season. It is all about 2017.
We got one of the best LT in the game. Watch him open holes for our RB. Watch him give RW time to throw deep for PRich and Graham.

Pete is signed through the 2019 season.
John gruden will inherit some contracts then. Haha

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I just logged on just to check out the score of the tonight's MNF game ... and I was like, "HOLY CRAP!!!"

When Pete said yesterday that they WEREN'T trading Jimmy Graham ... there was a piece of me that was like, "But what about Jeremy Lane?" Well, I guess that we just got the answer to that question.

WOW!! Just WOW!! As has already been stated, the Hawks just went from having the LOWEST ranked LT in the game ... to having one of the BEST LT's in the game.

To say that this is an upgrade is a massive understatement. Having a guy like a Duane Brown nail down the blindside is IMO a potentially season altering move. How does that run game that was floundering look now, eh? I most definitely approve of this move. John Schneider once again demonstrates that he is among the very best GM's in this league.

sutz

Reaction score
Blitzer88":297q9ool said:
The 2nd rd pick is the only thing that may be tough to take.
No worries, we'll trade down in the 1st anyway and pick up a 2d. :)

Barakas

Reaction score
ringless":39l4pcfk said:
9.7m cap hit next season at 33. That's pretty high risk move IMO. But I'm guessing this move was more of a short term in mind type regardless. Not a lot of linemen perform well past 33-34 as with most positions.

I guess time will tell as always if it's a good trade or not. Definitely high risk (age, contract, draft picks) high reward (top 10 tackle)

Well, if anyone knows how well old men play football I guess it would be a fan of the Cardinals. :D

irocdave

Reaction score
Great move by JS, this should help settle down the O line issues and help the running game. Hope the running game is like it was in the early 00's, need a first down, run over the left side of the line. Only down side for this trade is DB might be a dead beat dad to his daughter. Sorry, when I searched for a highlight video this came up. Only reason I bring it up, is that it will come up eventually.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":2po7eggr said:
LolaRox":2po7eggr said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925142174043340806[/tweet]

That seems like what the Texans wanted. I know they were looking for a 2nd rounder in 2018 but we didn't have one, and I doubt we'd have given a 1st, so give them the 2nd in 2019 and the 5th next year to make up for the extra year wait.

I'm just curious how they make it fit under the cap. I really hope they worked out an extension for him
Well, they must have figured it out or the league wouldn't have approved the deal. :mrgreen:

Seafan

Reaction score
With cap space known and the approx. $2.5 mil owed Lane that is within $450K. Shouldn't be hard to re-do a contract to make some space.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
sutz":31nrp6dp said:
Blitzer88":31nrp6dp said:
The 2nd rd pick is the only thing that may be tough to take.
No worries, we'll trade down in the 1st anyway and pick up a 2d. :)

Bingo. A 2nd Round pick with trader John at the helm of the draft?!? Pfft! Dude ... he'll recoup that in more in 2 years time IMO. History has shown that time and time again.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Ideally, Ifedi will move back to RG once George Fant returns next season. If Brown loses a step with age, then a move to RT might benefit him in the long run.

I'm genuinely excited about the future of the offensive line with Justin Britt locking down center, Brown giving us a consistent presence at OT, Fant providing otherworldly athleticism, Pocic showing potential, and hopefully Ifedi moving back inside where he can give us a physical presence without being abused by as many outside rushers.

That's how huge this trade is.

Fade

Reaction score
This move transforms Seattle's O-Line. From bad to very good.

LT Brown - LG Pocic - C Britt - RG Aboushi - RT Ifedi

LT - Top 10ish LT
LG - early but so far top 10 Guard in pass pro.
C - Top 10 Center.
RG - Grizzled vet, that excels at pass pro.
RT - 1st round talent, 1st year at RT, still developing, very raw coming out of college.

This will sound crazy to some but Seattle is going to have one of the best Pass Protecting O-Lines in football by the end of the year.

sc85sis

Reaction score
This upgrades the position and gives both Rees and Fant time to develop (and get healthy, in Fant’s case).

On paper it’s worth it. Have to hope he can pick things up quickly.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2cuzyz6k said:
Shanegotyou11":2cuzyz6k said:
Duane brown allows 1 sack every 3 games.
Just heard on 710ESPN radio that Brown only allowed 1 sack in 2016.

Shoot that's even better! Lol. I saw tweet by Seattle media but idk how to screen shot so I typed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.