Percy didn't practice today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
warden":2lu1usme said:
None of us have seen medical reports, talked to the doctors, talked to Percy Harvin, been at the VMAC to see how the rehab is going, talked to the coaches, we haven't been in the locker room so in actual fact we don't know chit.

What we do know is the team has still not put him on IR which means there is still hope

Having such strong opinions on this subject with such little access to the facts is mind boggling.
The better term would be foolish.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1m161l7w said:
HawkWow":1m161l7w said:
Easily amused I take it. Since you've chosen to get involved, perhaps you'd like to answer this question I posed to Throw.

I look forward to hearing your explanation on why the Vikes put Harvin on IR in week 10 during a play off run for a sprained ankle that required no more than 2-3 weeks to heal.

It probably had nothing to do with his blow up with Frazier on national TV (perhaps compromising his trade value) right? Let me guess...they were being extra cautious and saving him for the following year's superbowl run.

Which one of the above scenarios is more likely?

Who the hell cares? What does this have to do with 2013 where he's no longer a Viking?

I think it's pretty safe to assume Percy wanted out of Minnesota. He didn't like Frazier. He hated Ponder. The Vikings realized this and determined shutting him down for the year was better for the team.

Either you are unaware, or just omitting Urban Meyer (who covered for Harvin's pot usage), Gonzales (who Harvin grabbed by the throat and threw to the ground) and Childress (who Harvin attacked with a weight) from your list of coaches Harvin "didn't like" to bolster your argument.

Me? I see a pattern here that's too obvious to ignore. He "hated Ponder"? I'll ask the same question you did..."who the hell cares"? Harvin's job is to STFU and do what he's paid to do, not question his coaches, threaten to hold out, or hand pick the QB (or WRs) that will make him the most money.

IF Harvin is not disruptive, catches some TDs and contributes to our success, I won't say I was wrong about him (I'm not) but I will admit he has apparently made change. And that is something we all better hope for...change.
When Tate voiced his displeasure about the Harvin signing, it was easy to dismiss Tate as "selfish". I find that incredibly ironic.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
dradee":2962n93s said:
You Percy haters are gonna eat crow big time!

He will electrify the Clink! This year if needed, which I doubt but very early on in 2014 the PH mind games will be a Factor on and off the field for the opposition.
You doubt he's needed this year? I completely disagree with that. The more weapons the better, especially considering how thin the team's WR corps is and how explosive he is. Or you doubt he'll "electrify the Clink" this year? I definitely and sadly agree with that statement.

Sadly, I think eventually this will be viewed as the worst decision this FO has ever made. Sure hope I get to chow some crow on that statement. Anyone who's been here anytime knows I will, and gladly. I'd say by like by mid-season next year we're going to know one way or another about Percy Harvin. Anyone disagree with that? Hell, actually think it should be game 1 next year (or by now) but I'm being generous so let's go with mid-season next year. I wonder how many people here will still be defending the guy?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3p7dbffc said:
dradee":3p7dbffc said:

He will electrify the Clink! This year if needed, which I doubt but very early on in 2014 the PH mind games will be a Factor on and off the field for the opposition.
You doubt he's needed this year? I completely disagree with that. The more weapons the better, especially considering how thin the team's WR corps is and how explosive he is. Or you doubt he'll "electrify the Clink" this year? I definitely and sadly agree with that statement.

Sadly, I think eventually this will be viewed as the worst decision this FO has ever made. Sure hope I get to chow some crow on that statement. Anyone who's been here anytime knows I will, and gladly. I'd say by like by mid-season next year we're going to know one way or another about Percy Harvin. Anyone disagree with that? Hell, actually think it should be game 1 next year (or by now) but I'm being generous so let's go with mid-season next year. I wonder how many people here will still be defending the guy?

Last year people said that about starting Wilson. I'm not worried about what fans "think".

hawk45

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1g0wnubk said:
dradee":1g0wnubk said:

I agree with you about this year (the post-season, specifically, not the regular season since it's clear we don't need him for the regular season) being important in evaluating the Harvin move no matter what comes. This signing was a huge roll of the dice, our FO knew this, we knew this, everyone knew this. The gamble was going all in for a Lombardi. If we lose in the playoffs or the Superbowl, and he wasn't playing in the game or contributing heavily, then the move is a disappointment right there. If we win the whole thing and he doesn't play the move is still a disappointment, just one nobody will give a rip about. The FO is allowed to make any size of mistake they like if the end result is a ring.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkWow":s3dczfx8 said:
Hasselbeck":s3dczfx8 said:
HawkWow":s3dczfx8 said:
Easily amused I take it. Since you've chosen to get involved, perhaps you'd like to answer this question I posed to Throw.

I look forward to hearing your explanation on why the Vikes put Harvin on IR in week 10 during a play off run for a sprained ankle that required no more than 2-3 weeks to heal.

It probably had nothing to do with his blow up with Frazier on national TV (perhaps compromising his trade value) right? Let me guess...they were being extra cautious and saving him for the following year's superbowl run.

Which one of the above scenarios is more likely?

Who the hell cares? What does this have to do with 2013 where he's no longer a Viking?

I think it's pretty safe to assume Percy wanted out of Minnesota. He didn't like Frazier. He hated Ponder. The Vikings realized this and determined shutting him down for the year was better for the team.

Either you are unaware, or just omitting Urban Meyer (who covered for Harvin's pot usage), Gonzales (who Harvin grabbed by the throat and threw to the ground) and Childress (who Harvin attacked with a weight) from your list of coaches Harvin "didn't like" to bolster your argument.

Me? I see a pattern here that's too obvious to ignore. He "hated Ponder"? I'll ask the same question you did..."who the hell cares"? Harvin's job is to STFU and do what he's paid to do, not question his coaches, threaten to hold out, or hand pick the QB (or WRs) that will make him the most money.

IF Harvin is not disruptive, catches some TDs and contributes to our success, I won't say I was wrong about him (I'm not) but I will admit he has apparently made change. And that is something we all better hope for...change.
When Tate voiced his displeasure about the Harvin signing, it was easy to dismiss Tate as "selfish". I find that incredibly ironic.

richard-sherman-.gif

I'm sorry. What does this have to do with his injured hip now?

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe Harvin has had a history of being a troublemaker. Winning cures a lot of that. If he's a dangerous weapon with a Russell-Wilson-caliber quarterback on a Superbowl-contending team, I wager that cuts the problem behaviors down to maybe 20%, that 20% being that he might find a reason to miss a practice or two. Which will fit right in here because our coaches don't give a rip about practice in fact if a guy even dreams he feels a little tightness they let him take the day(s) off, and that's working great for us.

The part where I'm in lock-step with Hasselbeck is that right now I *wish* all we were worried about was disruption. I will be happy and content if he just gets healthy and plays 14, 15, 16 games like he did in Minnesota, even if he does have problem behaviors. Right now it's the hip and nothing but the hip for me, and I won't even really care about evaluating it until we get to the playoffs (unless somehow we stumble and don't get HFA) and that's a long way off. I cared earlier in the season, but we just kept winning, and if we lock up HFA that's about all you can do towards your regular season goals.

dradee

Reaction score
Just look at the angst PH causes to this fan base not knowing what is up with him, now imagine the angst it causes opponents game plans.

Bottom line is PH is on the 53 man ACTIVE roster, that right there speaks volumes!

This coaching staff/ management is pretty smart!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We don't need Harvin? Well maybe not specifically but the games we have lost have been by a TD or less so we DO need a player that could make up that difference in a few games this season. Don't fool yourself into thinking his not participating is a good thing.
One more thing buddy....no one is "eating crow" If Percy finally showed up and does his job. They guy has earned his criticisms and it's up to him to dispel them.

Throwdown

Reaction score
How do you earn criticism for being injured? I'm sorry that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in my life.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
and I could say the same about your post. You choose to ignore his history. I do not. Percy has yet to earn his paycheck with the Seahawks. You can assign any excuse to this that you wish but that fact remains.

As I have already stated all we needed was a player who could make a seven point difference in two or three games. To date signing Percy has certainly not provided us that.... And so from this point either Percy returns to live up to his lofty paycheck or remains a dud. The future is not set but the past and the present he has been a failure for the hawks.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1dnq215b said:
and I could say the same about your post. You choose to ignore his history. I do not. Percy has yet to earn his paycheck with the Seahawks. You can assign any excuse to this that you wish but that fact remains.

As I have already stated all we needed was a player who could make a seven point difference in two or three games. To date signing Percy has certainly not provided us that.... And so from this point either Percy returns to live up to his lofty paycheck or remains a dud. The future is not set but the past and the present he has been a failure for the hawks.

We traded for him, then signed him to an extension. The fact that you don't know that has me disregarding your entire opinion.

RiverDog

Reaction score
warden":1i914j1k said:
None of us have seen medical reports, talked to the doctors, talked to Percy Harvin, been at the VMAC to see how the rehab is going, talked to the coaches, we haven't been in the locker room so in actual fact we don't know chit.

What we do know is the team has still not put him on IR which means there is still hope

Having such strong opinions on this subject with such little access to the facts is mind boggling.

Here's the facts I'm looking at. He had big time trouble in Minnesota, didn't like his coach, didn't like his quarterback, had injury issues, et al. We trade some huge draft capital, sign him to a fat contract, and what's the first thing he does? He gets himself arrested for suspicion of DUI. Then before training camp and without any full contact practice, he has some pain in his hip, gets a professional opinion from the Hawks medical staff that he can play through it, opts for a second opinion, hears what he wants to hear and takes 3 months off. He was supposedly healthy enough to practice on 10/23 and rumors were that we might see him in the Rams game, then it got back to the Bucs game, then the Falcons game, and finally we got to see him for all of 15 plays during the Vikings game. He looks like a million bucks, then after not suffering any apparent re-injury, he hasn't even practiced for a frigging month, and now Pete is telling us in his language that he may not be ready for a lot longer time.

So you tell me: What am I supposed to think? Where is the heart in this guy? Do the above facts indicate to you that he is truly "in"? Or is he playing us for a bunch of dupes? How do you know any better than the rest of us that he is "in" than those of us that suspect that he might not be completely committed to helping our team?

The longer this drama goes on, the more people are going to suspect the worst.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":zezg0528 said:
warden":zezg0528 said:

:13:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":j0m1ql78 said:
KCHawkGirl":j0m1ql78 said:
warden":j0m1ql78 said:

:13:
We don't need to see medical reports, talk to doctors, or even speak to Percy himself in order to see that he is not on the field.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
KK84 Post subject: Re: If Harvin doesn't play this postseason Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:46 am

NET Veteran

Location: Bensalem, PA brimsalabim wrote:in fact he hasn't even practiced this season.

That's not even close to being true. What is it about Harvin threads that brings out the exaggerations, hyperbole, fallacies, and just plain wut? moments?

- ok he has practiced a hand full of times? How many full practices would you say Percy has participated in?
And please tell me why the mods are locking every single thread that carries his name?

Throwdown

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3k7h12ph said:
And please tell me why the mods are locking every single thread that carries his name?

Because these threads go round and round with no real conversation, just theories, and a lot of other useless things.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Dude that's all most of these threads are. Why just shut down the ones about Harvin? I think your over sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts