Pete Carroll needs to go

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Agreed. That Delay of Game penalty is Exhibit 1a of the poor coaching decisions of the Pete Carrol era. Simply inexcusable.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
and those who mention it may be time for a change are the insane ones. Let us not forget wasting the entire first half.

maciasstrong68

Reaction score
Pete is over rated always wanting to make Russ his cover boy !! worthless pete i dont care if hes the won ONE superbowl he sucks but i know he wont leave till a new GM comes in. But im sure theyll figure it out next week lol

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1abvhox3 said:
and those who mention it may be time for a change are the insane ones. Let us not forget wasting the entire first half.
And who’s in charge of the game planning for that??

Come on, you can take a guess! Lol.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Even more evidence.

The game has passed him by.

If you're going to disagree provide evidence on why he should stay, I'm over it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Another inexcusable mistake on the goal line in a big game...just coincidence...or classic expectation?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1ivl79dv said:
JustTheTip":1ivl79dv said:
And who’s in charge of the game planning for that??

Come on, you can take a guess! Lol.

Think you missed the point of my post. I have been one of the more vocal posters the last 4 years or so about Pete needing to move on.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":6616g7os said:
Another inexcusable mistake on the goal line in a big game...just coincidence...or classic expectation?

Yes... coincidence.

You posting it in thread after thread doesn't change it

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":s0e4z698 said:
Cyrus12":s0e4z698 said:

Yes... coincidence.

Then delete it! Sorry the truth hurts so much.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2gius0t8 said:
Uncle Si":2gius0t8 said:
Cyrus12":2gius0t8 said:

Yes... coincidence.

Then delete it! Sorry the truth hurts so much.

The truth that it's coincidence?

Get a couch.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Dam it. i’m buying in. Let’s go 6-10 for the next decade. Suckers..

JGreen79

Reaction score
Everyone thinks the next coach is just magically going to be a McVay or a Shanahan. I wonder if many of you were happy Holmgren was leaving and Mora was coming in.

There is a much greater chance of finding a Kitchens or a Lynn.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
JGreen79":2eh75bww said:
Everyone thinks the next coach is just magically going to be a McVay or a Shanahan. I wonder if many of you were happy Holmgren was leaving and Mora was coming in.

There is a much greater chance of finding a Kitchens or a Lynn.

This. And if Seattle did get a "McVay", chances are good that he would flame out after a year or so.

With PC, we have competed year in and year out for a shot at the playoffs. Most years than not, we are in the playoffs.

Ask Browns fans how they feel about their yearly coaching carousal.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Again, i'm impartial either way. Making the playoffs on a regular basis is nice, but never doing anything once we get there is kind of pointless after awhile. Fans can be optimistic all they want and bring up the Giants every year, but most of us honestly know how its going to go down. I would be fine with a coaching change at this point just to try something different with Russ at the helm, regardless if it turned out good or bad. I'm just along for the ride.

NJlargent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":sq6zw4np said:
Again, i'm impartial either way. Making the playoffs on a regular basis is nice, but never doing anything once we get there is kind of pointless after awhile. Fans can be optimistic all they want and bring up the Giants every year, but most of us honestly know how its going to go down. I would be fine with a coaching change at this point just to try something different with Russ at the helm, regardless if it turned out good or bad. I'm just along for the ride.

Your post assumes that us making the playoffs on a regular basis is a product of PC and not a product of Wilson. I am not entirely sold that another coach would not have also made the playoffs with Wilson. GB, NO and NE are always playoff contenders and have dominant QBs as well. Maybe Wilson has 3 rings with a different coach.

Our coaching staff also does not adjust. Forget the actual game play stubbornness, but clock management has been a mess for years and we still see the problems constantly. Carroll took ownership of the debacle last night, but who actually cares because there is no consequence or adjustments. He will simply take ownership again when he botches up clock management or calls a head-scratching timeout. There will be no adjustments on clock management.

PC is allegedly a defensive guru, but as you correctly pointed out in another post, our defense is atrocious. We are not winning a SB with that defense anytime in the near future. We also need to consider our drafting which has been comical for the past few years.

We have had experience being really bad (the 90s) so I am enjoying the ride as well but am not sold that PC is a reason for 2012-2019.

warden

Reaction score
All the way injuries, in a rebuild playing in the toughest division in the league. Yet here we are advancing to the next round of the playoffs. Yet many here want to fire the coach. Comical

NJlargent

Reaction score
warden":2rzf98sa said:
All the way injuries, in a rebuild playing in the toughest division in the league. Yet here we are advancing to the next round of the playoffs. Yet many here want to fire the coach. Comical

This win was solely the doing of Wilson and Clowney. PC was just there for the ride.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
NJlargent":2wp9ctwn said:
warden":2wp9ctwn said:

This win was solely the doing of Wilson and Clowney. PC was just there for the ride.

Yeah, okay!

Cool story.

Latest posts