Pete has to go

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1h33zwdi said:
Seymour":1h33zwdi said:
We are talking about elite or game changing talent, not just "decent value" picks like you are pointing out. None since 2012.

Name the elite talent NE's drafted in the past 5 years.

My point is you guys are barking up the wrong dysfunction tree if we're trying to figure out where our elite talent went.

It didn't go anywhere, it just got old save for the QB, MLB and free safety position (and maybe Doug).

We have the talent to win SB's, if we're pointing fingers I'd focus on coaching and scheme far more than talent, drafted or not. We've stuck to schemes that are no longer effective because the players that are on the field are no longer faster, stronger and bullying the players across the line from them.

So we must adapt and change, or die.

Doesn't mean Pete should go. But it does mean he needs to change.

My thought exactly.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2pv6jt1k said:
Seymour":2pv6jt1k said:
Sgt. Largent":2pv6jt1k said:
Seymour":2pv6jt1k said:
We are talking about elite or game changing talent, not just "decent value" picks like you are pointing out. None since 2012.

Name the elite talent NE's drafted in the past 5 years.

My point is you guys are barking up the wrong dysfunction tree if we're trying to figure out where our elite talent went.

It didn't go anywhere, it just got old save for the QB, MLB and free safety position (and maybe Doug).

We have the talent to win SB's, if we're pointing fingers I'd focus on coaching and scheme far more than talent, drafted or not. We've stuck to schemes that are no longer effective because the players that are on the field are no longer faster, stronger and bullying the players across the line from them.

So we must adapt and change, or die.

Doesn't mean Pete should go. But it does mean he needs to change.

Jamie Collins and Malcolm Butler for starters.

..............and that's where it ends, if you were just getting started you would have continued.

Frank Clark, P-Rich, Lockett, Reed, Britt and now possibly Griffin and Carson.

And yes it matters with draft success how much roster turnover there is, because players can't be productive if they're not on the field. Who knows if guys like Sherman, Kam, Bennett, Maxwell, Browner, KJ, etc would have even had a chance to play well if they were drafted by a team with only a couple roster spots still undecided.

They also traded Jamie Collins and won the Superbowl the same year! :shock:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3qkboraj said:
We haven't been in the hunt for a SB for a few seasons. I said last year we were playoff pretenders and we were.

If your definition of "playoff pretenders" is losing a playoff game, there are 11 playoff pretenders every year. Your sentiment makes no sense.

semiahmoo":3qkboraj said:
The decline of this season has been happening the last few seasons. There were those of us warning this was so while others refused to see reality.

*looks at the date you joined the board*

What makes you think you get any points for that?

If five straight playoff seasons with a wild card win counts as a decline, I'd hate to know what you think of the 2005-2013 Patriots.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The NFL is cyclical. Picking declines after success is not rocket science. It’s the nature of the NFL. Denver, Carolina,Green Bay declined quicker than we did.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Let’s see how prepared and fired up we come out compared to philly. This is a game of preparedness.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Yup, Pete forgot how to coach. Game has passed him by. He's too old. The rest of the league has caught up.This game was just a fluke. Philly lost more than we won. They probably just underestimated us due to all our injuries. Pete needs to hang them up so we can get a really good coach like.... like....ummmm...

Maulbert

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":38cb84vi said:
Yup, Pete forgot how to coach. Game has passed him by. He's too old. The rest of the league has caught up.This game was just a fluke. Philly lost more than we won. They probably just underestimated us due to all our injuries. Pete needs to hang them up so we can get a really good coach like.... like....ummmm...

:D

OP
OP
Missing_Clink

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Pete really outdid himself today. Team comes out unprepared and sloppy, and then we get to see a complete unraveling of a totally undisciplined team. Can’t get a badly needed stop on 3rd and 11, so let’s act like complete assholes and embarrass the whole organization. That’s on coaching. We saw the same crap in SB49. They act like babies when they lose. Paul Allen better read Pete the riot act. I would not tolerate my employees embarrassing me like this.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":xeec9lhm said:
They act like babies when they lose. Paul Allen better read Pete the riot act. I would not tolerate my employees embarrassing me like this.

Irony of the century. :lol:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":164ufh17 said:
Pete really outdid himself today. Team comes out unprepared and sloppy, and then we get to see a complete unraveling of a totally undisciplined team. Can’t get a badly needed stop on 3rd and 11, so let’s act like complete assholes and embarrass the whole organization. That’s on coaching. We saw the same crap in SB49. They act like babies when they lose. Paul Allen better read Pete the riot act. I would not tolerate my employees embarrassing me like this.

Pete has lost them. Might not matter with suspensions against the Rams next week.