PFT: Wilson really wants Antonio Brown on the Seahawks

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Mizak":3htzjd2z said:
So a majority of you guys are disagreeing with Russell Wilson on this?

Yes. Yes it appears we are. So what?

AB might provide an occasional spark on the field, but at what cost? He could hinder the team tremendously in both $$$ and morale without providing much ROI.

Seahawk WRs currently must be team-first, blocking, catch-everything-that-is-rarely-thrown-to-you receivers. That doesn't fit his past.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
This is one of many examples of why players should not have input into personnel decisions.

acer1240

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":3uykxest said:
This is one of many examples of why players should not have input into personnel decisions.

The current NBA agrees.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
We should sign him. I think we would get a year at a bargain price with him on his best behavior. He will likely be suspended for a few games so the price is even less. It’s a win-win. He comes in part way through the season with a chip on his shoulder playing for his next contract. The Seahawks get a good price while he rehabs his image.

Of course this is with the caveat that we throw the ball a little more. We were 7th from the bottom in throwing percentage. Don’t sign him and hand Carson the ball 75% of the time in the first half. That could turn it bad fast.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1t5mqk9i said:
morgulon1":1t5mqk9i said:
Bobblehead":1t5mqk9i said:
Well they are buddies... and work out together.

I wonder if they ever talk about r@p*.

This is a horrible idea . id rather have Percy Harvin after a 2 week long meth bender. Brown
Was kicked off of 3 teams in 1 year.

I see a pattern

If Darth Belichek couldn't make it work then nobody can.
Like yeah, what the hell does Russell Wilson know? lololol

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":26wyqn6a said:
The thing is, you have to respect Wilson's opinions on things, he hasn't showed anyone he's a flake with bad judgment and if for some reason, he thinks Brown can work here, you gotta figure that he knows something about the guy and that maybe he could be good for the team. I'm impartial to this and don't care one way or another about Brown, though I 've thought he's been quite a flake through the last several seasons, but damn if Wilson see's something in him..
That's all I'm saying too....Maybe, JUST MAYBE he and Wilson has sat down and had a heart to heart, & for all we know?, maybe the Mega Talented AB KNOWS that this could be his "Last Hoorah".

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2h3lqsy5 said:
Bobblehead":2h3lqsy5 said:
The thing is, you have to respect Wilson's opinions on things, he hasn't showed anyone he's a flake with bad judgment and if for some reason, he thinks Brown can work here, you gotta figure that he knows something about the guy and that maybe he could be good for the team. I'm impartial to this and don't care one way or another about Brown, though I 've thought he's been quite a flake through the last several seasons, but damn if Wilson see's something in him..
That's all I'm saying too....Maybe, JUST MAYBE he and Wilson has sat down and had a heart to heart, & for all we know?, maybe the Mega Talented AB KNOWS that this could be his "Last Hoorah".

How many times in your life had you had a heart to heart with someone but when emotions get high and push comes to shove they revert back to previous behavior.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
chris98251":emfj1qv7 said:
scutterhawk":emfj1qv7 said:
Bobblehead":emfj1qv7 said:

How many times in your life had you had a heart to heart with someone but when emotions get high and push comes to shove they revert back to previous behavior.

Risk reward thing I guess.. layup or drive it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3ep7pq2o said:
chris98251":3ep7pq2o said:
scutterhawk":3ep7pq2o said:
Bobblehead":3ep7pq2o said:

Risk reward thing I guess.. layup or drive it.
Yeah, I'm not on the inside track that Russell Wilson is.
One has to wonder about where Harvin & Wilson stood...& IF the Seahawks would give him a one year 'Prove It' deal?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Well, Russ did ask for some talent to be put around him and the front office has done absolutely nothing to satisfy that, so maybe thats why Russ keeps defending the move.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Generally, people that expect people to change get disappointed.

Most people do not change. Past behavior does not always repeat but it usually does.

This is why things like signing guys like Harvin made no sense. If someone has problems elsewhere, he will have the same problems here. I made this argument the day we signed Harvin.

People generally do what they have always done. They can change. They rarely do.

Signing Gordon and/or Brown means Gordon is likely going to get suspended and Brown is probably going to sexually harass or assault people while creating additional chaos publicly. I suspect if we did sign him - the first run first few games, he would start a social media campaign railing publicly against the team's refusal to 'use him right'.

But truth is, Wilson is rarely been given all the pieces he needs - the years we did, we made 2 SuperBowls or deep runs in the playoffs. So if he truly believes he needs these pieces, he's earned the right to request them.

Even as the resident 'Wilson Hater', I recognize this.

massari

Reaction score
Free AB

Giphy
200w.webp

Friends with Geno Smith too
[youtube]xItV5JZTRqw[/youtube]

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
No thanks. Sorry Russ but you have done more with less. Let's see a full season of DK and Lockett! Dont underrate Ursua and Moore either.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Bobblehead":26d552qz said:
https://heavy.com/sports/2020/05/antonio-brown-seahawks-ab-rumors-workout/

dang, is their really legs to this?

IF Hawks sign Brown, is that a pass on Gordon?
Wilson has been recruiting Brown ever since he got booted from the Patriots. The fact that they are working out together is no surprise to me. The decision on this matter has nothing to do with Russell Wilson, so wish as he may -- he does not have the final say in this matter. The decision is up to Carroll, and Carroll alone. If I were Carroll I would stay far away from Antonio Brown. He is a mental headcase right on par with Percy Harvin. Brown was incredibly destructive inside the locker rooms of New England and Pittsburgh. He would also complain if he didn't get the ball enough -- which he is unlikely to in Seattle.

Sure, Brown and Metcalf on the edges with Lockett at slot sounds nice until you realize that Brown is a dumpster fire right now. An even bigger case against such a move is the fact that Seattle ran more 2 WR sets than any team in the NFL season. Seattle prefered the TE in that particular role, in fact we also ran more 2 TE sets than any team in football as well. This is a big reason why we went after Olsen, plus signed and drafted a bevy of TEs.