PFT: Wilson really wants Antonio Brown on the Seahawks

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3dae3jdw said:
Bobblehead":3dae3jdw said:
https://heavy.com/sports/2020/05/antonio-brown-seahawks-ab-rumors-workout/

dang, is their really legs to this?

IF Hawks sign Brown, is that a pass on Gordon?
Wilson has been recruiting Brown ever since he got booted from the Patriots. The fact that they are working out together is no surprise to me. The decision on this matter has nothing to do with Russell Wilson, so wish as he may -- he does not have the final say in this matter. The decision is up to Carroll, and Carroll alone. If I were Carroll I would stay far away from Antonio Brown. He is a mental headcase right on par with Percy Harvin. Brown was incredibly destructive inside the locker rooms of New England and Pittsburgh. He would also complain if he didn't get the ball enough -- which he is unlikely to in Seattle.

Sure, Brown and Metcalf on the edges with Lockett at slot sounds nice until you realize that Brown is a dumpster fire right now. An even bigger case against such a move is the fact that Seattle ran more 2 WR sets than any team in the NFL season. Seattle prefered the TE in that particular role, in fact we also ran more 2 TE sets than any team in football as well. This is a big reason why we went after Olsen, plus signed and drafted a bevy of TEs.
Or Brown in slot and Lockett as flanker.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":215nk7ve said:
Bobblehead":215nk7ve said:
Well they are buddies... and work out together.

Working out together and playing a game with emotions exposed are not the same. That's where Brown seems to have his issues, the how much he gets the ball or why he wasn't a primary receiver etc.

How did the amount of times getting the ball, etc factor into the Raiders debacle considering he never played a down for them?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1x1v5mtd said:
chris98251":1x1v5mtd said:
Bobblehead":1x1v5mtd said:

Working out together and playing a game with emotions exposed are not the same. That's where Brown seems to have his issues, the how much he gets the ball or why he wasn't a primary receiver etc.

How did the amount of times getting the ball, etc factor into the Raiders debacle considering he never played a down for them?

Guess you didn't follow things prior to that did you, he wasn't JUST WITH THE RAIDERS !!!!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I completely understand the reservations about having Brown on our team. But at the same time there's a big part of me that wants to trust our quarterback. Russ doesn't seem like an idiot when it comes to this kind of thing, and he's driven to win.

Then again, Russ could just be 'recruiting' Brown because they're friends and he wants to show some respect, knowing full well that the Seahawks' front office is going to do what they're going to do. It really depends on the context of what Clayton means when he says Russ is 'recruiting' Brown to the Seahawks. Is he having serious discussions with the front office? Maybe somebody knows more than me.

Elemas

Reaction score
Russ is solid...all the way around. Both on and off the field. While I have deep reservations fueld by ABs past antics, if Russ is putting his stamp of approval on getting AB then it's time to try to get AB.

Seattle's environmental is "different" compared to most of the league. Perhaps that alone could get AB back on track.

A WR corps of Lockett, Metcalf, Gordon, and AB sprinkled with a healthy Dissly? Carson and Hyde? Nasty.

In my opinion, if we had this set-up and actually let Russ cook, our defensive issues would still exist but we'd be more competitive.

We really need to turn Russ loose. I still believe defense wins games but you have to play to your strengths as well. Let's not waste a future HOFs talents for sake of supporting a mentality without having the personnel to execute it. Get Gordon back...pursue AB. Put it on Russ. I'd bet good money that, even with our defensive unit being exactly as it is now (no Clowney, Griffen, etc...), we would be more competitive.

Olsen is not the answer. Although I think Hyde's going to do great (we needed depth), he's not the answer. A motivated AB and Gordon? There's a million and one silly, outright stupid things that could happen ranging from addiction to refusing to wear a certain type helmet but, just imagine it being "normal". No suspensions...no outbursts...

Signing those two guys is a gamble but it could very well push us over the top.

Still want Clowney....just saying.

springscohawk

Reaction score
I wonder with Russ, with his Christian faith, if he tends towards hope that he can play role in a player finding God and life being transformed. Of course that could happen thru friendship and time spent together off the field and doesn't suggest AB should be on the team.

I say no, Russ. Continue to be a positive influence personally off the field.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Say we sign Brown.. and he doesn't turn out...just cut him and be no better off than we were before he got here?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Russ is the eternal optimist and believes he can change guys while ignoring their negatives.
Normally I’m ok with that, but not in this case.

Plus I think AB still has an upcoming suspension due to off the field actions.

I’d rather put my eggs in the Josh Gordon basket if I have to have a member of the island of the misfit toys on my team.
At least with Gordon you don’t have locker room issues, and he proved he’s still a clutch player when on the field.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":33e1boqx said:
Is Russell Wilson going to give up some of his money to sign him? There's no way AB signs with any team for less than $15M. He signed for 2 years, $30M with the Pats last year. Since the Raiders and Pats were paying him, he probably would have come in for the minimum last season. I don't believe that is the case this season. I think those teams don't owe him anything more so he will be pricey.
My thought as well.
If RW wants him so bad it's time to restructure and assume the risk.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1xpmw9sn said:
Seanhawk":1xpmw9sn said:
chris98251":1xpmw9sn said:
Bobblehead":1xpmw9sn said:

Guess you didn't follow things prior to that did you, he wasn't JUST WITH THE RAIDERS !!!!!

Oh really? Don't be dense. Where did I say he only played with the Raiders? I was merely calling attention to the fact that his problems with the Raiders had nothing to do with what you said he had issues with..."That's where Brown seems to have his issues, the how much he gets the ball or why he wasn't a primary receiver etc."