Pick 108: Anthony Bradford OL, LSU We just got a power guard...

nwHawk

Reaction score
Say Brown goes down, what’s your back up plan? Hunt is the only option right now. Are you comfortable with that option?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Does not look at all like their prototypical guard.

Offensive scheme/philosophy changing?

I did note PC touched on Zach's screen game ability yesterday. Thought it odd to hear as the Seahawks have never really utilized screens in the past.
Screens? Why sure the Hawks utilize big screens in the VMAC. Oh, screen PLAYS, oops. There was the Bevell bubble screen era, which we all largely detested. I agree, it's sucked seeing other teams run effective screen plays against us and gash us for 20 yard gains, while the few Hawks screen plays go for, zippo, zilch, nada, 2 yards, TFL, incomplete, etc.

You want Seahawks screen plays?? I give you a classic, John L. Williams vs. the Bears. Yes, it seems like it's been 35 years since the Seahawks ran a really good screen play. Why does Seattle suck at screens? BTFOM. Seems like a good topic for a thread of its own. Meantime, enjoy!
P.S. Don't forget to watch the replay for Steve Largent's excellent block on Wilber Marshall.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Say Brown goes down, what’s your back up plan? Hunt is the only option right now. Are you comfortable with that option?
Haynes and Lewis are free agents next year. This is absolutely a need.

sutz

Reaction score
Haynes and Lewis are free agents next year. This is absolutely a need.
Yeah, this looks like solid depth at the very least, and maybe a red-shirt year to work into the starting line-up, and worry about who goes into FA next offseason.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I wonder if some people forgot we had strong free agency activity this year.
Well, it seems that Pete & John aren't done with their "Activities" just yet LB, as they just drafted the Center form Ohio 'Olusegun Oluwatomi' @ 5th round pick #154

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Well, it seems that Pete & John aren't done with their "Activities" just yet LB, as they just drafted the Center form Ohio 'Olusegun Oluwatomi' @ 5th round pick #154
Statement reflected concerns from the fandom, nothin to do with what P&J will do with their final picks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Props to Maura at 710 for this story:

Meet LSU signee Anthony Bradford, the 'once-in-a-lifetime' Michigan offensive tackle who can dunk

A couple of varsity basketball players were holding a dunk contest when the Muskegon High football team's starting right tackle lumbered into the gymnasium.

The players passed a basketball to the lineman along with a challenge: Dunk the ball! Dunk it!

Anthony Bradford, already a towering 6-foot-5, 355-pounds as a sophomore, eyed the goal. Although he played center for the sub-varsity teams, he'd never dunked before.

Bradford dribbled. Leaped. Slammed the ball through the hoop with his right hand.

"I did my thing and flushed it," Bradford recalled.

The LSU signee is used to doing things that make people in the Michigan harbor town gape.

Ruminator

Reaction score
To those who were hoping Seahawks would draft Carter, considered by many to be a top-five pick: Isn't it far better to get the guy on other side of the ball who had the physicality to be able to render Carter mostly ineffective for an entire game? Hence the reason why Bradford is one of my favorite picks this draft.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The Broncos moved up 25 spots, that's almost an entire round. That's worth a helluva lot more than a 6th IMO.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Screens? Why sure the Hawks utilize big screens in the VMAC. Oh, screen PLAYS, oops. There was the Bevell bubble screen era, which we all largely detested. I agree, it's sucked seeing other teams run effective screen plays against us and gash us for 20 yard gains, while the few Hawks screen plays go for, zippo, zilch, nada, 2 yards, TFL, incomplete, etc.

You want Seahawks screen plays?? I give you a classic, John L. Williams vs. the Bears. Yes, it seems like it's been 35 years since the Seahawks ran a really good screen play. Why does Seattle suck at screens? BTFOM. Seems like a good topic for a thread of its own. Meantime, enjoy!
P.S. Don't forget to watch the replay for Steve Largent's excellent block on Wilber Marshall.

Facts! And I think I made a thread a few years ago re: our ~lack of~ screen game.

PS: I really need to find one of those old school bombers our coaching staff was wearing in this clip! I wonder what kind of merch they're going to have this year with the return of the OG unis.

Latest posts