Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin

chris98251

Reaction score
He also played SS in college so that transition will not be foreign to him, this is a toy that Pete has not had before in his toy box, plus he can pass rush, SS that can put his hand on the ground and edge rush as well. How often do you see that.

toffee

Reaction score
One thing for sure, he and his bro will not read books when Pete address the team. They won’t , I guarantee it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/990295304728526848[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ryandivish/status/990293948395638784[/tweet]

lukerguy

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2gc71p7m said:
Great story, horrible pick. A luxury, niche player. The FO lost me with the last 2 picks. Somebody please get Scot McCloughan on the phone immediately.

Life of the party! :irishdrinkers:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
lukerguy":k0oal783 said:
pittpnthrs":k0oal783 said:
Great story, horrible pick. A luxury, niche player. The FO lost me with the last 2 picks. Somebody please get Scot McCloughan on the phone immediately.

Ya idk how thats a horrible pick. The dudes film and measurables are off the charts. Oh he has one hand big deal....he can ball out

adeltaY

Reaction score
If anyone has reservations.... it's a 5th round pick, not a 2nd or 1st rounder. I think he's going to blow away most of our expectations as well and can only be good for the locker room.

Fade

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1anej85n said:
62F052F86317 pete carroll pointing laughing kc3y

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I like how Pete told him twice on the phone to stay humble. Sending a message early to not take this opportunity for granted. 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
I have said it in two threads and may as well here also, he has a chip that makes Shermans when he came into the league look like a flake of sawdust. When he said " Prepare for Greatness " there was no smile or smugness, it wasn't boistress but he looked straight ahead in deadly seriousness. I believe him. This is going to be epic and I really think Kam isn't coming back and he may end up being our SS, he has played it before and in our system could excel, knows how to cover and has great recovery speed as well.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":2h3l5hup said:
I have said it in two threads and may as well here also, he has a chip that makes Shermans when he came into the league look like a flake of sawdust. When he said " Prepare for Greatness " there was no smile or smugness, it wasn't boistress but he looked straight ahead in deadly seriousness. I believe him. This is going to be epic and I really think Kam isn't coming back and he may end up being our SS, he has played it before and in our system could excel, knows how to cover and has great recovery speed as well.

This is totally what I see. We use our SS to play in the box and blitz. We did it with McDougald successfully and Shaquem has more speed, a better motor and some severe intensity. I also like McDougald so I am really pumped for this kid. See him doing some nasty stuff in preseason and working his way up like RW did. At the very least a great SP player.

He is also a better football player than his brother, who I also really like and I can honestly see these two making each other better NFL players. This is going to be a special thing on our team. I know losing LOB is sad but something else is growing here.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Why has he never had a prosthetic hand placed? It seems that the tech is there. With the money earned from playing pro football, maybe a way can made to be able to play with one. I imagine he watches the advancement in that field rather intensely.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This sums up my feelings on the Kid.
17f59d22138f1be07e35b8ef6cf6669a.jpg

:{)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
jeremiah":35fxzoae said:
Why has he never had a prosthetic hand placed? It seems that the tech is there. With the money earned from playing pro football, maybe a way can made to be able to play with one. I imagine he watches the advancement in that field rather intensely.

What kind of prosthetic hand are you looking for? Anything less than a Star Wars prosthetic would just be a club and totally useless. Maybe the NFL will allow one of these.

[youtube]_gOfvsxiKIM[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Omahawk":19n41nga said:
I had almost the exact same experience. My 4 year-old daughter and I watched it today after we got home from golfing together and I talked to her about Shaquem so much apparently while we were out crushing golf balls into the water hazards that she asked me if we drafted him yet. After a few minutes of checking I told her no but nobody else had either. Her face lit up and her eyes got huge. Then the same thing happened to us as what you described - we drafted a TE and I had to explain to her that we cannot control it and we probably won't end up getting him but it's okay. Then we both watched pick by pick go by on the edges of our seats. When pick 141 came up we looked at each other and didn't even say a word. We both knew. And then it happened. I promise you the neighbors heard us scream at the tippy-tops of our lungs. I love this girl. She gets it. Future Seahawks kicker and/or lifetime fan. Welcome aboard, Shaquem. You're my new favorite player.

That is so great Omahawk! Wow, really does sound like we shared mutual experiences today. What a treat to share it with our daughters who are turning into true blue 12's before our eyes! I never expected this experience today. What a blessing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
lukerguy":3d2wwupa said:
pittpnthrs":3d2wwupa said:

Meh. Typical Debbie Downer. Whatevs. :34853_doh:

hangumhi

Reaction score
This pick does more than meets the eye. From a competition standpoint, who is going to let the one handed guy beat them? Trust me all respect with that last comment. Also from a morale standpoint, this guy brings tons of inspiration. In addition, he can play!! In addition, his bro is a beast and the two together are going to be amazing. Best decision Hawks could have made.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":1m9ke4jh said:
Omahawk":1m9ke4jh said:
I had almost the exact same experience. My 4 year-old daughter and I watched it today after we got home from golfing together and I talked to her about Shaquem so much apparently while we were out crushing golf balls into the water hazards that she asked me if we drafted him yet. After a few minutes of checking I told her no but nobody else had either. Her face lit up and her eyes got huge. Then the same thing happened to us as what you described - we drafted a TE and I had to explain to her that we cannot control it and we probably won't end up getting him but it's okay. Then we both watched pick by pick go by on the edges of our seats. When pick 141 came up we looked at each other and didn't even say a word. We both knew. And then it happened. I promise you the neighbors heard us scream at the tippy-tops of our lungs. I love this girl. She gets it. Future Seahawks kicker and/or lifetime fan. Welcome aboard, Shaquem. You're my new favorite player.

That is so great Omahawk! Wow, really does sound like we shared mutual experiences today. What a treat to share it with our daughters who are turning into true blue 12's before our eyes! I never expected this experience today. What a blessing.

Had my brother text me saying (who is a Dolphins fan) "holly shit, Shaquem is a Seahawk, awesome. We wanted him but this is cool" Yeah I think so too.

Latest posts