massari

Reaction score
[youtube]QSFmuI-DAK4[/youtube]
[youtube]K3Z60HLCSOg[/youtube]
[youtube]BW-3NXSvAmc[/youtube]

Atradees

Reaction score
[youtube]3fICzfvIS9E[/youtube]

Skip and Shannon thought he would go much higher.

this is going to be talked about all year. Every game. I hope he brings it.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
The closest player I can think of to Quem's size, speed and position is Malcolm Smith. Smith is 6-0, 226, ran a 4.5 forty and played Will in sub packages.

And, we all know how he fit into PC's system.

I think he's a better player then Smith too.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Gotta admit, I'm usually not this excited about a fifth round pick but here I am.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
truehawksfan":16jict3o said:
The closest player I can think of to Quem's size, speed and position is Malcolm Smith. Smith is 6-0, 226, ran a 4.5 forty and played Will in sub packages.

And, we all know how he fit into PC's system.

I think he's a better player then Smith too.

Griffin is way smarter than Smith. Just went back and watched the Prach Bowl highlights. Griffin knew where to be almost every play. And his burst is off the chart. Reminds me of Earl that way.

I think this kid is the defensive Russell Wilson. A solitary deficiency in a physical attribute but 10/10 in every other aspect of being a football player.

I’m pretty stoked TBH. Kid single handedly wrecked Auburn’s offense. They had no answer for him. At the NFL level he will be the ultimate Spy player to deal with mobile QBs and he will destroy read option plays. Awareness and burst too good for that stuff.

And I think playing with his brother will good for both kids as they’ll push each other to be better. Great pick.

Of course, I wonder if this was the plan all along dating back to last years draft. Is Schneider that wily.

Largent.4.Prez

Reaction score
lobohawk":2n74v1yv said:
I’ll plead ignorance on what’s the best way to use Shaquem, but wondered if there might be a better role than LB. With his size and speed, could he play Safety? I might be missing something beyond his raw stats.

He’s not as big as Kam, but few safeties are. At the same time he’s used to being in the box against the run. He’s also much faster than Kam.

I know McDougal is filling the role, as we await final word on Kam. Even so, McDougal can play Earl’s spot down the road.

I'm hoping they play him at WLB. Sorry but switching him to Safety gives me Michael Boulware flash backs. :141847_bnono:

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3p5kbfe5 said:
Can we do something about their hair? Maybe Russ can work on it ...

Why? It's their hair and can do whatever they wish with it. I'm not sure how their hairstyle would ever affect you in any way.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am betting that Shaquem has already been in Shaquills playbook and will know this defense almost as well as him first OTA's.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BR_DougFarrar/status/990705777001328648[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BR_DougFarrar/status/990706167616765953[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2uub7ss5 said:
jeremiah":2uub7ss5 said:
Why has he never had a prosthetic hand placed? It seems that the tech is there. With the money earned from playing pro football, maybe a way can made to be able to play with one. I imagine he watches the advancement in that field rather intensely.

What kind of prosthetic hand are you looking for? Anything less than a Star Wars prosthetic would just be a club and totally useless. Maybe the NFL will allow one of these.

[youtube]_gOfvsxiKIM[/youtube]
What does he need it for?He has been playing great without a hand so far.
I can just imagine him swatting balls,tipping them,and best of all punching them out
for fumbles with that stump.

chris98251

Reaction score
He would not be able to use a high tech hand anyway, the ones they have require some surgical implants and then sensors to pick up impulses from the brain. Not sure in a occupation that requires pushing ripping collisions etc that you want a device line that to be damaged, not to mention the time off for surgery and training to use it. Although maybe if we send him to Wakanda he could be ready for the Season. :)

FinNasty

Reaction score
If you guys really want to learn about Shaquem... this is the video for you:

(spoiler: the fake spin pass rush at the 10:29 mark is ridiculous)

[youtube]tQQt9ZWQu4I[/youtube]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2w5abgvz said:
Great story, horrible pick. A luxury, niche player. The FO lost me with the last 2 picks. Somebody please get Scot McCloughan on the phone immediately.
Does that mean .NET gets to lose you, too?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":v80f6fa9 said:
joeseahawks":v80f6fa9 said:

Why? It's their hair and can do whatever they wish with it. I'm not sure how their hairstyle would ever affect you in any way.
Actually, that much hair can weigh several pounds, and if you don't think that doesn't affect how quickly you can snap your head back for a quick glance and then back to looking forward, go duct tape a 2.5-lb length of chain to the back of your head and give it a try, then get back to me.

Once you're sweating from putting forth a lot of effort, the weight can more than double, too. So, I would say it's actually not in any player's best interest to have long hair from a field performance perspective. Also, your hair counts as your body for being out of bounds and you can be tackled by it.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3sb640of said:
OkieHawk":3sb640of said:
joeseahawks":3sb640of said:

Actually, that much hair can weigh several pounds, and if you don't think that doesn't affect how quickly you can snap your head back for a quick glance and then back to looking forward, go duct tape a 2.5-lb length of chain to the back of your head and give it a try, then get back to me.

Once you're sweating from putting forth a lot of effort, the weight can more than double, too. So, I would say it's actually not in any player's best interest to have long hair from a field performance perspective. Also, your hair counts as your body for being out of bounds and you can be tackled by it.

But they should know this and keep the hair anyway. Again, it doesn't really affect you directly, does it?

original poster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3tictai2 said:
OkieHawk":3tictai2 said:
joeseahawks":3tictai2 said:

Plus, aerodynamics. When he turns his head with all that hair (with added sweat) the hair will very likely shoot round over his shoulder, thus creating more of a barrier and slowing him down.

:p

:sarcasm_off:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
He'd probably make a good strong safety. The only real problem I see would be certain interceptions, but if I had a dollar for every time Earl dropped an INT I'd be a rich man.

Latest posts