Pick #187, Mike Tyson, S, Cincinnati

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Tyson was arguably the most productive slot corner in the nation last season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gobearcats/status/775098746459873282[/tweet]

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Lots of DB competition and ST contribution in our draft here. Another ball hawk with good instincts. Nice pick.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/858416025246629888[/tweet]

Josea16

Reaction score
MrThortan":1bajqh2n said:
Loving that we are loading up on D actually. Seemed to slip a bit last season and some of our stars are getting old. Good time to reload. I, like many wanted to shore up the Oline, but we already have a lot of young guys. I just refuse to believe the FO is ok with Wilson getting sacked 41 times or whatever it was. They have to have a plan.
You've already seen it starting with last year. Our OL was the youngest in the NFL last year and likely nearly so this year. Running backs all young, most of our WR's young.

This year it's all about getting young on defense as we're looking to replace some the LOB in the next year or two and give Avril and Bennett help. Pete and John consider the first DT we drafted to look like what Calais Campbell looked like when coming out of college. They have serious plans for him. The center they drafted? They plan to play him at guard mostly with a bit of tackle with the bonus of knowing he can play center. They consider getting him like getting two or two and a half players with one pick. It's reason they didn't want to show too much attention to him and tip their hand.

The last was critical to their whole draft strategy given the lack of OL in this draft and need both in that position group and to start reloading our defense and getting younger on that side of the ball.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":25z6j85u said:
I'm absolutely laughing my ass off at ESPN right now

For the benefit of those of us not watching ESPN . . . why?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":12nq448h said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/858416025246629888[/tweet]

Very interesting. Going to be an exciting camp to see who wins the final roster spots.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Still only one OL pick. Yay, another season of Wilson running for his life. Worried that this is the season his luck finally runs out.

TasteTheBeastmode

Reaction score
HawkGA":19wvkl4g said:
Maelstrom787":19wvkl4g said:
I'm absolutely laughing my ass off at ESPN right now

For the benefit of those of us not watching ESPN . . . why?

As the pick was announced they cut to footage of Mike Tyson the heavyweight fighter knocking people out.

Chapow

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1u6yx0pr said:
Still only one OL pick. Yay, another season of Wilson running for his life. Worried that this is the season his luck finally runs out.

I'm sure a 6th round OL would have totally made the difference. :roll:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vonstout":1d0tbnv9 said:
How many safeties are we going to draft?

While I'm starting to agree with this sentiment, it isn't necessary to ask more than once in the same thread.

I will say that we've certainly grabbed some national-standout talent at DB. This competition might be enough to produce some legitimate successors to the current members of the Legion, no diminishment of them intended.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Chapow":2of2gbfw said:
Vpk0718":2of2gbfw said:

Patriots just took a T in the 6th (Conor McDermott). Will be interesting to see how he ends up.

cover-2

Reaction score
I like the pick of Tyson and the plan of playing him at CB.

Here is a good interview with Tyson.
[youtube]-0jTd20ydSk[/youtube]

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
xgeoff":275ubc99 said:
Chapow":275ubc99 said:
Vpk0718":275ubc99 said:

Patriots just took a T in the 6th (Conor McDermott). Will be interesting to see how he ends up.

Well, it's the Patriots, so anyone with any sense is predicting All Pro.

Latest posts