Pick #249, Chris Carson, RB, OKST

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Lacey might be good here. They listed him on the roster now wearing #27 at 250 pounds. Thorpe went to #23. I saw that yesterday, I think. Post draft late night.

There are some updates either way...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'll add here what Pete Carroll and John Schneider had to say about Chris Carson in their Day 3 Press Conference.

Pete Carroll and Schneider were asked the question, "Any positive surprises that were there that really surprised you that were still available? [on Day 3]" ...

Carroll: "Honestly, I was hanging on Chris Carson. He's a guy that I found looking through the stuff late in the draft kind of like we've done over the years. I really love this guy 'cause he's so physical and tough the way he ran. You haven't heard a whole lot about him because he didn't run the ball alot, but when he did to me he made a great statement about his style -- and a style that we really covet --"

Schneider: "Yeah, 2nd half of the season he really came on --"

Carroll was asked if it was same sort of thing he really liked about Rawls and he answered, "It's really the same kind of formula. I kind of caught onto him late and I fell in love with how tough he is -- and how aggressive he is. And that's something that kind of falls into that same category and we didn't want to miss him. There was a lot of activity around him, we thought, and so we got him with that last shot."

Carroll was asked about the fact that Carson didn't have a single fumble and how pivotal that was for them. Carroll answered, "It's all part of it. Yeah, it's all part of it. He's really aggressive. I mean, he hammers it. And I think you guys are really going to like him when you see him."

Schneider finished by adding: "Yeah, and his plate wasn't all full. He had 80 some carries, but when he came back at the end of the season he knew -- you could see the urgency -- and that's what Pete's talking about."

Carroll: "You know, there's a little story there. He was one of the top Junior College kids coming out when he went and he wound up going to Okie State and didn't make the transition the first year. It took him some time and then he got banged up going into his last year. And so when he got his chance he really tore it up."

It's clear Carson is a guy they are VERY high on. I'm looking forward to Training camp and Preseason and watching what this guy does. It's going to be pretty exciting.

You can watch their comments on Carson for yourself below [starts at 6:00]

[youtube]ILa8iomxepY[/youtube]