Pick #69, Tyler Lockett, WR/KR/Gunner, KSU

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
At first my uneducated glance don't like drafting smallish receivers. But then again I didn't like them drafting a 5'10" QB a few years back. JS & PC know what they are doing, so I go with their opinion over mine. :)

Needed a return guy though.

kf3339

Reaction score
From the few games I saw of him in college he looked electric! I only hope we can plan a passing offense to take advantage of his ability. But as a returner he is great!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Shane Falco":3iyp9c14 said:
And Jaelen Strong goes the very next pick. Time will tell.

That was a very interesting dynamic to watch. We traded a lot to get above the Texans to pick him when a lot of us were thinking Strong, whom the Texans picked with the very next pick. Could it be the Texans had to settle for Strong when they wanted Lockett, and that we ourselves valued Lockett that much higher than Strong that we'd give up what we did to make it happen? Sure looks like it.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
From the man himself

[tweet]https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/594319287713693696[/tweet]

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I see this as a we had too many draft picks to actually make this team and even the practice squad. We were kinda palying with house money.

Moreover, we had a glaring need at PR after fair catching 98% of kicks last year which probably made Pete cringe every time. Also, the Richardson injury is unpredictable and who knows how he will come back from it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Dude plays waaaay bigger than his size. Just watch highlights, he makes plays that he has no reason to make, especially at his size.

This solves our kick returner/punt returner void and adds an explosive option on offense. He has a nose for the endzone and is a football player. Love this pick.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Isn't all the reasons we drafted lockett, why we drafted to richardson, and every other short WR

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd have preferred Strong but we needed a return man so at least they filled a need and I think he will be very good at it.