Pick #95 Delano Hill, DB, Michigan

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":23qeelb1 said:
hieroglyphics":23qeelb1 said:
Thepeelsessions":23qeelb1 said:
Sounds like a reach. A guy that might have been available well into day 3. Could this be another typical Seattle reach?

The guys on the online NFL feed said a lot of teams were taking some 2nd looks at him and like his potential

I hoped he pans out. Seems like there's a lot of mixed reviews for Hill.

By the way, I like your handle. Hieroglyphics were Kings of their craft.

Damn straight!

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I know it's a weird comparison but this guy is like the K.J. Wright of safeties. Really solid in every area (allowed just 55% completions) and probably the single best tackler in this draft. He is a guy who will be looked at as a very good pick three years from now.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawknation2017":gtkm2q20 said:
I know it's a weird comparison but this guy is like the K.J. Wright of safeties. Really solid in every area (allowed just 55% completions) and probably the single best tackler in this draft. He is a guy who will be looked at as a very good pick three years from now.

Thought his attributes were closer to a Seattle CB

Josea16

Reaction score
LolaRox":17edvjct said:
Frank likes him

https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/stat ... 2622743552

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/858159152622743552[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/stat ... 1141233664

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/858159701141233664[/tweet]
Yeah, I think I'll trust a guy on his way to elite in the NFL that played with the guy over The Four Negative Nellies that have to know by now their ridiculous negativity is both boring and painfully predictable at this point.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1cy0gx1c said:

Was thinking the same thing.

Between him, Bradley McDougald, Griffin, Lane, and Shead, our secondary depth has gone from the worst it's been during the PC/JS era to possibly rivaling the 2013 team.

irocdave

Reaction score
Looks like a solid draft pick, dude can tackle. Never watched the guy before but after watching the attached video he looks to be a back up safety and special teams player in the first couple of years. he is to small to play SS, maybe slot corner then take over for the FS position when ET is done or to banged up to play?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
irocdave":3k6k71he said:
Looks like a solid draft pick, dude can tackle. Never watched the guy before but after watching the attached video he looks to be a back up safety and special teams player in the first couple of years. he is to small to play SS, maybe slot corner then take over for the FS position when ET is done or to banged up to play?

Too small for safety? He was 220 at pro day. . . That's bigger than a lot of SS out there.

I really like his versatility and tackling. I think he'd do well as a deone bucannon type. Agree, should be solid ST contributor year one too.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seems like a good fit for the dime role if we ever get around to implementing it.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I can definitely see why we got him. Outstanding tackler, hard hitter and if he could gain 10 lb could be Kam lite.

RW92

Reaction score
Yes a great tackler from what I've read and that has been confirmed with video that I have seen. My only knock is his acceleration within the first 10 yards of play. A little slow off the mark, but seems to come on with added burst as the play matures. Again not as quick with the hip movement as I would like, but this can be improved with practice and additional techniques.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
RW92":vd6lzf7v said:
Yes a great tackler from what I've read and that has been confirmed with video that I have seen. My only knock is his acceleration within the first 10 yards of play. A little slow off the mark, but seems to come on with added burst as the play matures. Again not as quick with the hip movement as I would like, but this can be improved with practice and additional techniques.

1.58 10-yard split is a good time. Earl Thomas ran a 1.56.

Seafan

Reaction score
Thompson and Hill will both be free safeties. Good depth and competition behind Earl. Tyson will compete in the slot apparently and at SS or possibly CB. Love the depth pickup in a deep talented DB draft. All these guys have excellent man to man skills as well as rangy cover skills. They all go after the ball. Unlike many of the other DBs in this draft all these guys are serious tacklers who excel in run defense. These guys bring toughness. Like McShay said, the Hawks killed it.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Man I love the way he disengages his blocker to get to the ball carrier for a tackle for loss.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seafan":1n1tq36h said:
Thompson and Hill will both be free safeties. Good depth and competition behind Earl. Tyson will compete in the slot apparently and at SS or possibly CB. Love the depth pickup in a deep talented DB draft. All these guys have excellent man to man skills as well as rangy cover skills. They all go after the ball. Unlike many of the other DBs in this draft all these guys are serious tacklers who excel in run defense. These guys bring toughness. Like McShay said, the Hawks killed it.
Would you expect anything less from Pete Carroll? He made his bones on knowing secondary guys. He sets the curve and parameters in fact. Jim H and Wisconsin are godsends for the Seahawks. They play traditional football not spread so you know what you get without projection. Jim H is building something that will rival Alabama except unlike Sabean he can coach at the NFL level. I hope we convince him to take another shot at NFL when Pete is gone in 4-5 years.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1n230o4d said:
Man I love the way he disengages his blocker to get to the ball carrier for a tackle for loss.
Yep.
I LOVED watching him play the last couple seasons. I love Jabrill Peppers but I used to tell people that it wasn't ALL him out there. He had GREAT support and Hill often got ignored in the hype(media, press). I was watching and I remember some fellow UM fan who was a Peppers fanatic getting mad at me for saying Hill was just as dynamic and often helped Peppers look much better than he was.
Football; I have two teams-Wolverines and Seahawks. lol

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seafan":d4r3sut5 said:
Thompson and Hill will both be free safeties. Good depth and competition behind Earl.

I'm not sure Hill has the range to be a free safety. I see him, Thompson, and Griffin/Tyson as the new versions of Kam, Earl, and Sherman respectively (assuming the older guys leave somehow).

Latest posts