Pick #95 Delano Hill, DB, Michigan

endzorn

Reaction score
I've now watched a ton of Hill's tackles and plays from the last season and although he is certainly not a hitter, he is a phenomenal tackler.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RW92":2b9n2plq said:
Yes a great tackler from what I've read and that has been confirmed with video that I have seen. My only knock is his acceleration within the first 10 yards of play. A little slow off the mark, but seems to come on with added burst as the play matures. Again not as quick with the hip movement as I would like, but this can be improved with practice and additional techniques.

Looking at the tape (admittedly it's highlights) it's more recognition based than physical. It looks like he takes a couple of slow/small read steps and then accelerates once he diagnoses.

Good physical attributes and will contribute on ST. Pete has been a secondary whisperer, so this looks to be a really solid pick. Could also contribute in the Buffalo if we roll that way. Will likely rotate with McDougald.

seabowl

Reaction score
Since its the offseason it's fun to go back and look at some of the older threads. Thought this would be an interesting one to rehash. Funny how Frank Clark loved the pick.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's another college player who didn't have his college skills translate as a pro. I frankly think he can't tackle, takes poor angles, is too slow, and can't cover. None of which is a good thing for a S. His problems may stem from poor play recognition. He was beat out by other players and can't truly play at a high level.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps in another scheme, he may find himself as an NFL SS but he doesn't have the speed, range or instincts to be a FS or SS in our scheme. He might fetch a late pick from another team in trade, but in a likelihood he's a cut to allow younger higher potential players more PT.

T2 is far more instinctive in our system and makes more out his lesser physical talent than Hill. I truly believe Hill has been revealed as a draft bust that was never worth a 3rd rd. pick.