Player you're most excited/intrigued about this season?

A

Anonymous

Jarran Reed, and it isn't even close.

Soooo excited about this guy. He's like got a ton of Wiley veterans in his ear, elite coaching, and top-tier medical/strength/conditioning staff. Not to mention every physical attribute necessary to get what we need done.

Reed: "D-Beast"

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2woq0nz9 said:
Wilson.. How can he be even better than he was the latter half of laat season?

Procise and Vannett. Two young guys who figure into the run/pass game plan with great versatility.

Reed and Clark. Young studs who are grown men to compliment this already elite D.

Kam... Healthy and Hungry for another title.

Perfectly stated. I have nothing to back it up, but I think Vannett is going to be huge for us. My AROY.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham.

Can't believe nobody mentioned him. You may think we paid too much for him, but I think he's an outstanding talent. Plus, the way he and Russ were clicking just before his injury, I'm looking forward to seeing that chemistry grow.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
tdlabrie":1q4sajt5 said:
Jimmy Graham.

Can't believe nobody mentioned him. You may think we paid too much for him, but I think he's an outstanding talent. Plus, the way he and Russ were clicking just before his injury, I'm looking forward to seeing that chemistry grow.

I think most of the fan base is hesitating jumping on the Graham excitement train because we have no idea if he is going to be ready for the season, and if he is...is he back to 100%?

But yes, a healthy Graham and all of these other pieces.... wow.

Mick063

Reaction score
Richard Sherman.

I would like to see him get tested more often and I think he will because the secondary depth is the best it has ever been.

So what happens when he gets tested more often?

He gets more opportunities to make big plays. I am very confident that he will take full advantage. I expect he will make a spectacular resurgence into the national discussion.

godawg

Reaction score
I believe the 2016 Hawks may be the best team we will ever see, and I hope to see Richard Sherman take his game to a HOF level. As always, I don't want to see my hopes shattered, but this team will be the real McCoy. Our top rivals, the Cardinals and the Rams will be outstanding teams, but in 2013, I had a feeling we would dominate, but not in 2014 or 2015. We will be better now than 2013.

ACFan

Reaction score
Alex Collins, I predict he'll be the only back to stay 100% healthy from OTAs all through the entire preseason. That's not a knock on anyone else, just a testament to his durability.

A battering ram you can't get a clean shot at, his consistency in practice and production in preseason games will prove he can be a solid contributor in '16.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Simon can actually stay on the field this year, I think our defense can be scary good.

nrayorr

Reaction score
I got Frank Clark. He's gonna be a beast as a pass rusher. Also, I am intrigued about our new TE Vannett. A tight end that can catch and block will be huge in our offense. Going to be killer to go double tight on third downs.

nrayorr

Reaction score
godawg":3mt35204 said:
I believe the 2016 Hawks may be the best team we will ever see, and I hope to see Richard Sherman take his game to a HOF level. As always, I don't want to see my hopes shattered, but this team will be the real McCoy. Our top rivals, the Cardinals and the Rams will be outstanding teams, but in 2013, I had a feeling we would dominate, but not in 2014 or 2015. We will be better now than 2013.

:ditto:

I have a VERY good feeling about this team this year. I remember when we lost to the Falcons in the divisional round of the playoffs in 2012 and then won the Super Bowl the next year. Well... we lost to Carolina in the divisional round this past season... makes you wanna say, "Hmmmm..."

King Dog

Reaction score
Pinkins for me. Athletic freak with 2 or three years in the system. Either he's a stud or dud this year.

Willyeye

Reaction score
My gut tells me that Britt is not going to make the cut at Center, and I think the Hawks just think that Lewis' ceiling is too low. I think Hunt is going to be the surprise of the 2016 draft. Hunt is my guy. At 6'2", he's actually one inch taller than Lewis, and if he can put on a few pounds of muscle this offseason, he could be just as heavy as Lewis. The thing is, he has 3-1/2 years experience playing Center at TCU (played with Boykin for all 4 seasons). He has football smarts and he is a TRUE Center. I would love for this guy to gey a legitimate shot at the Center position. He has potential to be at least as good as Unger. I think he'd put Britt to shame. If not this year, hopefully the Hawks FO smartens up by next year.

kf3339

Reaction score
McGruff":1dnv5a8m said:
Quinton Jefferson. The big missing piece the last couple of years has been a bona-fide interior pass rusher. I think Jefferson has the potential to be a stud.

If I can only pick one player overall, then this is the guy for me as well. Interior pass rush pressure is the last real missing piece needed in our defense. Take away opposing QB's ability to step into a pocket and they may not be able to score any real points at all. We would suffocate them.

I think Jefferson could be that last missing link as our starting 3tech at some point this year, and as the 1st rotational DT until then. Make it so, please!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I want to say Rawls. I would like to see more of him and if he comes back in shape, look out other teams. Faster into the holes and lightening quick down the field.

Over the top will be Lockett...NO-E. I know OP said one...but I cheated. I would prefer a both sides of the ball thingy...but that is just me.

Tical21

Reaction score
Wilson. HUGE year for him. If he hits the ground as the player he was during the second half of last season, we've got a real shot at 13-3 or better.

Kasen Williams and Kevin Smith - obvious reasons.

Procise - I like to have fun.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Mick063":1op8luz7 said:
Richard Sherman.

I would like to see him get tested more often and I think he will because the secondary depth is the best it has ever been.

So what happens when he gets tested more often?

He gets more opportunities to make big plays. I am very confident that he will take full advantage. I expect he will make a spectacular resurgence into the national discussion.

"That's what you're gonna get...!"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":10zqx2po said:
Wilson.. How can he be even better than he was the latter half of laat season?

Procise and Vannett. Two young guys who figure into the run/pass game plan with great versatility.

Reed and Clark. Young studs who are grown men to compliment this already elite D.

Kam... Healthy and Hungry for another title.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^
I think there's some folks that have taken Wilson for granted.
I see a guy that is taking more and more control of the Offense, what with Baldwin, Lockett, & Kearse coming on like crazy last Season, then to add if Rawls & Procise can supplant Lynch, reinvigorate the Run game, the Offense will be back to delivering a one-two punch, and we will have Vannett, Willson, & Graham? WHEW!!!
I also see the Defense coming back with a vengeance this Season. :rumble: